If, IF we Won.... Europe?

RangersFanBase

Usually the winners of the Scottish Cup, qualify to play in the Europa league, now like I said IF we were to win, what would happen in that scenario? Would the loser of the Scottish Cup for the first time in history get the Europa League spot?

Or would we make a strong case to get our spot in Europe, perhaps (though unlikely) the SFA would make a case for us?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this not happen quite often when the winners have already qualified for the CL?

Possibly I don't know - Although it'd probably be the first time where the winners haven't qualified for anything else, but don't get the Europa league spot regardless, and it's given to the losers.

I believe that If we were to win it and the SFA or UEFA were to refuse to allow us to play in the EL the place would go to the next best placed t

Does this not happen quite often when the winners have already qualified for the CL?

Im sure it was changed recently. If the SC winner is already in Europe then the place goes to the next highest placed in the SPFL.

Do you honestly think the corrupt SFA would help us? They will do all they can to obstruct us under the Fat Controller's orders.

Well the tim's seem to think the SFA are biased towards us after today's draw in the cup, so possibly!! LOL! But I'm really not sure, could they afford the backlash from Rangers supporters (which there probably would be) if we were refused?

I believe that If we were to win it and the SFA or UEFA were to refuse to allow us to play in the EL the place would go to the next best placed t

Im sure it was changed recently. If the SC winner is already in Europe then the place goes to the next highest placed in the SPFL.

They tried to change it after Gretna were guff and UEFA blocked it. I believe it goes to the highest league team if the winner is already in the Europa League but the runner up if the winner is in the CL, either way teams have qualified for Europe as runner up a number of times in the past

Hibs got into Europe this season after losing the Scottish cup.

They tried to change it after Gretna were guff and UEFA blocked it. I believe it goes to the highest league team if the winner is already in the Europa League but the runner up if the winner is in the CL, either way teams have qualified for Europe as runner up a number of times in the past

Looks like theres been a slight change in which spot the runner up is given if the winner is in the CL

In the event that the Scottish Cup winners have qualified for the Champions League, the Scottish Cup runners-up will qualify for the Europa League but will enter at qualifying round 1. If this happens, then the Scottish Premiership third place club will enter the Europa League at qualifying round 2.

If we were to be denied access through a technicality then for the purposes of European qualification then it llooks like the runner up would be put forward as the scottish cup winner and enter at Qualifying rd 2 along with the league runner up.

Usually the winners of the Scottish Cup, qualify to play in the Europa league, now like I said IF we were to win, what would happen in that scenario? Would the loser of the Scottish Cup for the first time in history get the Europa League spot?

Or would we make a strong case to get our spot in Europe, perhaps (though unlikely) the SFA would make a case for us?

It would certainly not be the first time the loser of the Scottish Cup gets a Europa League or UEFA Cup place. Usually though it is because the winning team already has a European spot due to their league position.

We got a 3 year ban from Europe!! Why do so many people fail to follow all this...!!!

No, we didn't.

We have to produce three years worth of audited accounts to compete in a European competition per UEFA's rules. However, there is a statement in the rules which states special exceptions can be made from the countries governing body, i.e. the SFA. I tell you something if we do win it and the SFA refused to fight for us to play in European football, there would be trouble.