Barry Ferguson

gordon123

As a self proclaimed diehard GERS man what the hell was he playing at bidding 50k for Nicky Law ? I know he has a job to do at Blackpool but a real RANGERS man would/should never seek to rob the club blind !! He has went right down in my estimation Law is worth at least 10 times that amount ,I am glad Wallace sent him packing !

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now why would I possibly hate Rangers? Give me a few examples and I may take up some self flagellation

Examples? :lol:

We have done it for years to Hibs, Killie, United ect.

Us complaining about low bids for players is hillarious considering we always did it when we were at the top.

Examples? :lol:

We have done it for years to Hibs, Killie, United ect.

Us complaining about low bids for players is hillarious considering we always did it when we were at the top.

Sorry, but I cannae remember too many £50k bids for players with 3 and a half years left on their contracts. In fact, the only really shity bids I can ever recall were when Whyte was in charge. £50k today compared to us paying £500k for Boyd and Nacho 7/8 years ago? No comparison I am afraid.

£4m Duncan Ferguson

£1m David Robertson

£1.5m Stephen Wright

£1m Andy Goram

£750k Clelland/Bollan

£2m Naismith

£2m Whittaker

£2m Thomson

£1.5m Wallace

I think Scottish football has done not too bad out of Rangers in my time.

Sorry, but I cannae remember too many £50k bids for players with 3 and a half years left on their contracts. In fact, the only really shity bids I can ever recall were when Whyte was in charge. £50k today compared to us paying £500k for Boyd and Nacho 7/8 years ago? No comparison I am afraid.

Were those clubs in the bottom divisions in Scotland who are in the press daily regarding financial issues?

Use yer head.

Gotta agree with you

There's using your power to lowball (Boyd, G.Rae, Novo - 500k 10 years ago) and there's just being ridiculous offering 50k for Law in 2014

Were those clubs in the bottom divisions in Scotland who are in the press daily regarding financial issues?

Use yer head.

I added to my post, but as you ask Dundee and Hibs were not in good shape when we got Novo and Goram. If I recall correctly we actually paid cash for Goram to help out Hibs. And Balckpool ain't exactly high flying at the moment.

£4m Duncan Ferguson

£1m David Robertson

£1.5m Stephen Wright

£1m Andy Goram

£750k Clelland/Bollan

£2m Naismith

£2m Whittaker

£2m Thomson

£1.5m Wallace

I think Scottish football has done not too bad out of Rangers in my time.

You're comparing an opening offer to a final accepted bid. We bid 300k for Naismith first offer, not much less for Wallace. Rangers have always tried to get Scottish talent on the cheap. Not that I see it as a bad thing, of course.