Rangers v Albion Rovers

Carsons Dog

I see the Record is running a story about many fans of the Hooped variety from Coatbridge running buses to support their "second team", Albion Rover. Pitifull in the extreme.

Not much chance of that seeing as the hooped ones dont even go and see their 'first team' now :pipe:

I see the Record is running a story about many fans of the Hooped variety from Coatbridge running buses to support their "second team", Albion Rover. Pitifull in the extreme.

I wonder how many of them have ever been to Cliftonhill in their lives?! Have family that are die hard Rovers fans, in the case of my Dad's Uncle for nearly 80 years, home and away in the depths of Scottish football. Have been to Cliftonhill a few times as well and it is in no way a wee CSC with punters whose giros can't stretch to a bus fare. Much like any other small time club in Scotland, Rangers and Celtic are despised in equal amounts.

Still not as much as Airdrie though!

That article is as much about Peter Hetherston and his tarrier slophouse as it is about Albion Rovers.