Rangers star Arnold Peralta facing potential club v country dilemma should Gers

Bothwellbear

Rangers star Arnold Peralta facing potential club v country dilemma should Gers reach Scottish Cup Final

11 Feb 2014 09:32

PERALTA is part of the Hondurus squad looking forward to the World Cup finals this summer but the South Americans' build-up clashes with the date of this season's cup final.

SNS Group Rob Casey JS28609565-2713312.jpg Arnold Peralta

ARNOLD Peralta will face a club v country dilemma if Rangers reach the Scottish Cup Final.

Ally McCoist’s men will earn a semi-final on home turf if they see off Albion Rovers in the last eight at Ibrox next month.

But if they reach the showpiece at Parkhead on May 17 they will have to plead with Honduras to allow Peralta to join their World Cup build-up later.

The Hondurans have just announced they will be preparing for the finals at a month-long training camp in Miami.

That starts on May 12 so Peralta would miss the cup final if the Honduran FA aren’t flexible.

McCoist will have to hope Peralta’s national boss Luis Fernando Suarez allows the midfielder to delay his departure by a week.

Honduras face France, Switzerland and Ecuador in the World Cup and Peralta is a cert for their squad.

I doubt it will be a problem.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the prudent thing to do is to give him as much of a chance of making the WC Finals as possible.

Get him in the first team, in his natural position, as soon as we've won the league, and let him get up to match fitness for his nation. He should get a good 8 weeks of first team football before such an important competition for both him and his country.

It would be a travesty to not give him that, at least.

I don't hold out much hope for him ever being a good player for us but he needs a wee chance at some time in his natural position. I'd also feel for him if he missed playing in the world cup because we didn't play him.

He won't be part of it anyway, he's brutal.

See I think that's a bit harsh! Similarily to faure last year he is a new player from a forgein country who doesn't speak the language and is being played out of position! I think you have to make it as easy as possible for players coming from abroad. I will withhold judgment on him until he gets a run in his natural position!

See I think that's a bit harsh! Similarily to faure last year he is a new player from a forgein country who doesn't speak the language and is being played out of position! I think you have to make it as easy as possible for players coming from abroad. I will withhold judgment on him until he gets a run in his natural position!

I can only judge it on what I have seen from him when on the pitch.

He has shown very little in a Rangers shirt.

I wouldn't disagree but I don't think he has been helped by being played out if position when he is settling into playing in a new country!

I'm of the opinion good players will look liek good players wherever they play and show 'something'.

Arnold has very poor control of the football and his timing in tackles is just as poor.

Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't.

Surely the prudent thing to do is to give him as much of a chance of making the WC Finals as possible.

Get him in the first team, in his natural position, as soon as we've won the league, and let him get up to match fitness for his nation. He should get a good 8 weeks of first team football before such an important competition for both him and his country.

It would be a travesty to not give him that, at least.

Might improve our chances of selling him

I'm of the opinion good players will look liek good players wherever they play and show 'something'.

Arnold has very poor control of the football and his timing in tackles is just as poor.

Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't.

I generally agree with this, but confidence can be a huge factor for a player. I think he looked a little better in his first few games, and maybe just hasn't settled. Failing to adjust to a low standard might have given him a crisis of confidence.

However, as it stands, he's not very good at all.