Edu: It was really difficult to walk away

North Rd

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter shite for the majority of his time here. Lived off that OF goal.

This isn't about his ability, it's about his loyalty. You should recognise that sometimes it's better not to post and just leave everyone else to it if you can't find anything good to say. We get enough negativity without poisoning positive threads about a guy that did the right thing, which is far more important than his ability.

Technically he wasn't the best but he had a great engine and showed great commitment! Looking at our current team I would have him ahead of black, perralta etc!

What I don't get is he understood the moral importance of getting the club even a token fee, whilst still getting a good move, yet guys like Naismith etc only thought of themselves!

Some people are selfish cunts some aren't.

Edu always came across as a well raised boy with a good grasp of things

When it all went pear shaped he TUPE'd over and did the honourable thing.

It's all we asked of the rest.

We'd have been forced to sell em all cheap (no way could we have paid the wages) but even if we'd got 3 or 4m for all of them combined it'd have been the best way.

Instead the rats scurried away.

Well done Big Mo. All the very best big man.

Wasn't the greatest player but became a scapegoat far too often, a bit like Adam was before him, whilst some players like Davis who often hid in matches went without criticism. Can't knock him at all for his stance whilst others ran like rats. nobody wanted him? Why did Stoke make a transfer bid then? If Club's were willing to bid for Edu then they certainly would do for some of our better performers.

This isn't about his ability, it's about his loyalty. You should recognise that sometimes it's better not to post and just leave everyone else to it if you can't find anything good to say. We get enough negativity without poisoning positive threads about a guy that did the right thing, which is far more important than his ability.

This for me.

As amazing as that goal against Celtic was and the celebrations that followed, I'll remember him most for what he did for us in that summer of 2012. No matter how big or small the fee was, he stayed to try and get us a fee, putting so called Rangers men to shame.

Welcome back anytime

Already mentioned by G.E.C but he was fantastic in the run in before Dods ruined him and he was never the same after that

Unsurprisingly though he played his best football for us in Europe when we we're attempting to be he more well organised than we were in the SPL and where there was a bit more time on the ball. I think he's a player who is tailor made to be a hard working spoiler in a more defence minded team and that's why he excelled in Europe but was a bit underwhelming at times in the SPL.

He did the correct thing in Summer 2012 and put a number of others to shame. He will always have my respect for that reason.

So unless I'm going to be all nicey nicey I've not to say anything at all?

I think I'll keep posting my whatever I want, thanks anyway.

He started of poor but did get better over time, not the greatest by a long shot but still liked him.

He was not bad then just got shite. Everyone was moaning about him before he left.

But because he is loyal he can come back whenever he likes. Open arms and all that.

It does annoy me that an ex-player says alot of positive things about their time at Ibrox, feeling part of a family and compliment our fans and all we get is some on here disrespect him by saying he shite and the thread turns into Mo thanks for your words but you were shite for us now move along.

I thank the big man for his time here and also thank the big man for doing the honourable thing by putting our club into a position were we could get a small fee for selling him and also thank him for the kind words about our club makes a difference receiving positive press rather than the neg press of late.