In support of Dignified Silence

Bluepeter9

Think you may have been better with a dignified silence on this one BP9. I applaud your effort though the saddo loyalist in me was not happy with you when you quoted KEVIN O'LEARY!! :000000082: booooooooooooooooo

As a support we are made up of many fabrics and during the time of SDM who you worshipped, a big part of our support were quite clearly being ostracized from the club, we were told that everything we had sang in the stadiums supporting Rangers through the years was wrong, for too long we had an identity crises of (and I shall take a leaf out of your book here with the rhetorical questons), who are we as a support? Should we not be singing these songs? Should we be covering up our Protestant history? Should we shy away from our huge Ulster support? Are we really the monsters they tell us we are? enough people say it and we all start to believe it.

For me the positive out of this is we are now sitting up as a support and challenging our haters. Groups like the Vanguard Bears have been excellent at taking the fight to them for some time now. We all have a part to play, the club as you say quite rightly only and when required should respond. The fans should also meet the challenge of the spiteful followers of hate against us and those who ply there filth on MSM. For me a wonderful opportunity to make real and lasting change for this great club of ours has been put in motion and I only hope that it comes to fruition with fan ownership of a major part of the Club.. I would love for all the groups to join and become one but sadly as previously stated we do have a diverse fan base (you my friend and I are proof of this) and it would be a challenge to do this but not impossible.

Dignified Silence or is to Suffer in Silence? :7326::7325::ulster:

Uniited We Stand Divided We Fall

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah we should pick our battles, the important ones, like making sure a flag of a commonwealth country should not be denied entry at Ibrox (yeah the proddy Unionist one). Had a few people who disagreed with me on that post and wanted me to shut up and go away but I never cried myself to sleep. The point being here is, there is NO consensus of agreement on what should be addressed and what should not (important to you may be irrelevant to others).

Oh and Columbo, I am not calling BP9 names if your "sarcasm" comment was directed at me (even though I called him a roaster in one comment, that was from a ghost and cannot be held against me), I even supplied him lottery numbers to show I feel no ill will towards his point of view.

Take the football out of Rangers and NOTHING of the politically motivated or pseudo- religious would exist anymore - the support of the FOOTBALL is what fills (or almost fills) Ibrox - nothing else. Handwringing Rules! :pipe: (all double entendre's meant!)

Support for football may be what fills Ibrox, but as we have found to our detriment it's the politics that allows the football to be there, strong and robust and able to be followed. Whyte only presented the opportunity to those who had political agendas towards us and they took advantage of our lack of a political agenda and preparedness. Whyte's agenda was purely monetarily driven, but as we subsequently watched our football opponents had other ideas. When your opponent, in business or football, has shown his best hand even Sun Tzu would advise you to come better prepared to the next battle in this war.

If the club has garnered its support and strength from a strong P/U/L following, why would you not want it to nurture and encourage that strength for the many upcoming battles in this war.? As we have seen from our 'political' sporting opponents, they don't only want us defeated they want us dead.

Dignified silence is passe as a tool for us, however, in true Sun Tzu fashion we must pick our battles and approach them with a view to winning them coldly and completely. Otherwise they will rise again to attack us.

Almost two years ago in March 2012 Lawwell said it was his ambition to truly dominate Scottish football. As we know ourselves, if you don't kill-off your opponent both politically and otherwise he can rise again to cause you extreme regret.

Liewell, Glasgow will be blue again.

Dignified silence my arse BP9.

You mention being in a war, how right you are.

War's are fought not only on the battlefield but also by offensive tactics, good manouvering and propaganda, which are the three things we have been devoid of over the last couple of years.

However the times are a-changing.

Whilst we quietly go about our business on the park by working our way up the leagues and pushing forward in the cup competitions, our 'black ops' team are gathering a horde of evidence regarding shady dealing by our neighbours.

Now is the time to hammer home our advantage by embarrassing every corrupt one of them.

I am convinced that the Scottish mhedia will be 'forced' into choking on humble pie as they accept that they backed the wrong horse.

Support for football may be what fills Ibrox, but as we have found to our detriment it's the politics that allows the football to be there, strong and robust and able to be followed. Whyte only presented the opportunity to those who had political agendas towards us and they took advantage of our lack of a political agenda and preparedness. Whyte's agenda was purely monetarily driven, but as we subsequently watched our football opponents had other ideas. When your opponent, in business or football, has shown his best hand even Sun Tzu would advise you to come better prepared to the next battle in this war.

If the club has garnered its support and strength from a strong P/U/L following, why would you not want it to nurture and encourage that strength for the many upcoming battles in this war.? As we have seen from our 'political' sporting opponents, they don't only want us defeated they want us dead.

Dignified silence is passe as a tool for us, however, in true Sun Tzu fashion we must pick our battles and approach them with a view to winning them coldly and completely. Otherwise they will rise again to attack us.

Almost two years ago in March 2012 Lawwell said it was his ambition to truly dominate Scottish football. As we know ourselves, if you don't kill-off your opponent both politically and otherwise he can rise again to cause you extreme regret.

Liewell, Glasgow will be blue again.

The PUL connection is NOT strong enough nor deep enough to provide the power - only the Football connection is.

Lawell is NOT fighting a religious battle, no matter that some of our supportwish it so, - he is fighting a business battle - and, yes he siezed the opportunity, and that opportunity was also why non religious teams such as Aberdeen, and Dundee United were only to happy to support our demise - it, in there opinion, would strengthen their hand - it hasn't but that's what they thought at the time.

Anyway they all better watch out - we are regrouping, and on our way forward.

We shall prevail!

The PUL connection is NOT strong enough nor deep enough to provide the power - only the Football connection is.

Lawell is NOT fighting a religious battle, no matter that some of our supportwish it so, - he is fighting a business battle - and, yes he siezed the opportunity, and that opportunity was also why non religious teams such as Aberdeen, and Dundee United were only to happy to support our demise - it, in there opinion, would strengthen their hand - it hasn't but that's what they thought at the time.

We shall prevail!

Maybe you missed all of the 'h** and orange bastard comments' and not just from septic. Perhaps you missed the same again when Hearts (whom i have no sympathy as they bedded the devil) went into admin how another orange h** team was going to die. I ask you was this and is this due to 'business'.

This concept of dignified silence does not work to achieve what we need to. Look at the influence that he other lot have- possible dodgy land deals with GGHB and GCC, many politicians onside to back then to the hilt when their ragtag band of fake Irish fascists attack the police after not complying with laws around public protest etc.

Look at salmond and Edinburgh council's intervention when they went into administration, the council voting to support them in a move that almost certainly breached eu rules around state aid.

We need to fight the media and fight the political will by the club backing our sense of identity and pushing our shared culture as a legitimate and powerful group within British society.

Dignified silence leads nowhere but to see our freedom and reputation dragged into the mud by a media that will run rampant against us and leaving us with no right of reply

Maybe you missed all of the 'h** and orange bastard comments' and not just from septic. Perhaps you missed the same again when Hearts (whom i have no sympathy as they bedded the devil) went into admin how another orange h** team was going to die. I ask you was this and is this due to 'business'.

No that was just stupidity by low life - there is no need for us to stoop to their level. Let's not work to the lowest common denominator

We shall prevail!

Aye.

Their not fighting a religious battle.

Reid didn't stand up at the AGM a few years ago and say it was time for catholics to stop "sitting at the back of the bus"

The manager, isnt referred to as a Northern Irish Catholic at least once a week to demonise an idiotic minority who threaten him.

They dont sing about "having no prostetants left at all"

They dont refer to us as h*** routinely.

They dont seek to denigrate Orange Marches while celebrating theirs.

They don't call us DOB's proddy cunts etc.

Their supporters groups arent allowed into Parkhead with sectarian banners glorifying a convicted terrorist

They are fighting a religous battle but it goes further than that, they want us completely wiped out. All we ever wanted was for a fair fight and to fight our battles on the pitch (like you say) however the fat jap reid, and their whole support have taken it way further.

We signed roman catholics and played them it wasnt enough

We changed the songs we were allowed to sing and it wasnt enough

We went down to Div 3 and it wasnt enough.

I would love this to be about all on the pitch, but its never gonna happen like that not ever not how, it isnt in their vocabulary.

What is so hard to get that they want us (and by extension our heritage) EXTINCT.

Why the hell should we dismiss our heritage while letting them celebrate theirs?

No surrender? Fucking hell with posts like that, some of us already have.

Can't expect the club to respond to every crackpot with an internet connection. Respond at appropriate times, and don't give arsehole bloggers the satisfaction of a response.

There is a reason we are Rangers, we don't drop out standard just because those around us do.

We shall prevail!

I disagree with on so many parts here. Let's look at this ...

1) "The PUL connection is NOT strong enough nor deep enough to provide the power - only the Football connection is."

In all honesty, when Ally gave CG his blessing and the ST money came rolling in, which emotion of the support paid that ST money? Was it the footballing side who knew they would be going through a season with a few loyal players, a few frees and a bunch of kids;

or was it the passionate loyal following side who were born bluenoses? That is not to say that the non P/U/L driven supporter does not love this team as much as the P/U/L supporter, he/she does. As a point of relativity - how many supporter buses head out every matchday from the rest of the country to watch Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dun. Utd etc. purely for the football, you understand?

2) "Lawell is NOT fighting a religious battle- he is fighting a business battle ..."

I can agree that Liewell was fighting a business battle but only from the point of view that he wanted unfettered access to the Euro millions from the CL income. He at least knew that he still needed us for normal league income, but he wanted us highly sanctioned with points deductions etc. The rest of these teams felt that they could increase their income from Euro participation but their greed outstripped them. However, all of them kill your non-religious contention when we look back and see that they did what they did because of fan pressure to ensure 'sporting integrity'. Are you seriously asking me to believe that all these fans exerting that pressure did so from a purely business point of view. I didn't think so.

Even Liewell exibits a flaw in your business argument when he bends over backwards to appease the GB, that quasi political/terrorist supporting group within the greater support. Surely they must take the greater portion of the blame for the need for green covers on the upper decks at CP. Why have half of their support stopped attending games? If it was purely football reasons, wouldn't the rest of the support turn up to cheer for the soon to be champions?

I disagree with on so many parts here. Let's look at this ...

1) "The PUL connection is NOT strong enough nor deep enough to provide the power - only the Football connection is."

In all honesty, when Ally gave CG his blessing and the ST money came rolling in, which emotion of the support paid that ST money? Was it the footballing side who knew they would be going through a season with a few loyal players, a few frees and a bunch of kids;

or was it the passionate loyal following side who were born bluenoses? That is not to say that the non P/U/L driven supporter does not love this team as much as the P/U/L supporter, he/she does. As a point of relativity - how many supporter buses head out every matchday from the rest of the country to watch Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dun. Utd etc. purely for the football, you understand?

2) "Lawell is NOT fighting a religious battle- he is fighting a business battle ..."

I can agree that Liewell was fighting a business battle but only from the point of view that he wanted unfettered access to the Euro millions from the CL income. He at least knew that he still needed us for normal league income, but he wanted us highly sanctioned with points deductions etc. The rest of these teams felt that they could increase their income from Euro participation but their greed outstripped them. However, all of them kill your non-religious contention when we look back and see that they did what they did because of fan pressure to ensure 'sporting integrity'. Are you seriously asking me to believe that all these fans exerting that pressure did so from a purely business point of view. I didn't think so.

Even Liewell exibits a flaw in your business argument when he bends over backwards to appease the GB, that quasi political/terrorist supporting group within the greater support. Surely they must take the greater portion of the blame for the need for green covers on the upper decks at CP. Why have half of their support stopped attending games? If it was purely football reasons, wouldn't the rest of the support turn up to cheer for the soon to be champions?

You probably need to re read your own post you make my argument for me

I agree with the club not responding to every blogger with a wild story to peddle and the important message being lost in a white noise but to try and dilute the effect of the fundamental of the majority of the support is to miss things on an epic scale. It may be wishful thinking that football was the be all and end all but the core beliefs of the support has fed it and drove it forward for over a century. To say this is not as potent today is to just not to understand the reality of the Rangers support.

We shall prevail!

321785937_640.jpg

How does my post make your argument that the P/U/L is not needed at Ibrox, and that only football fans with no affinity for P/U/L would keep us strong. Bullshit.

Mr.McCoist, there is NO SURRENDER to handwringers.

How does my post make your argument that the P/U/L is not needed at Ibrox, and that only football fans with no affinity for P/U/L would keep us strong. Bullshit.

Mr.McCoist, there is NO SURRENDER to handwringers.

You're dam right

Rangers is a broad church,

I'm a prod/loyalist/unionist. I dont however, expect everyone else to be.

We have muslim fans, black fans, white fans, even catholic fans.

I dont see them as creed or colour I see them as a bluenose.

But you can be damn sure, i wont be giving up my belief system. Not when im getting IRA/Provo/republican shit flung at me.

Lawwell is very much (as i said at the weekend) pandering to their rancid core by sticking by Lennon. They've since played the catholic oppressed angle very well with regards to refereeing an the SFA,

I dont impose my views on other people. However Rangers will always have a loyalist/orange/prod connection. To deny it is to let our enemies win.

Theres nothing wrong for standing up what you believe in.

Ergo Imo they have used the downtrodden catholic angle very well.

If we drop our loyalist/ulster songs would they give up their own

We tried dignified silence and they took away the billy boys and the famine song.

I'm sorry but the time for silence has been and gone.

We should be fighting fire with fire, and that doesn't involve sticking our head in the sand anymore.

I agree with the club not responding to every blogger with a wild story to peddle and the important message being lost in a white noise but to try and dilute the effect of the fundamental of the majority of the support is to miss things on an epic scale. It may be wishful thinking that football was the be all and end all but the core beliefs of the support has fed it and drove it forward for over a century. To say this is not as potent today is to just not to understand the reality of the Rangers support.

My point is the CLUB should have no position on the whole PUL thing - ergo they should not be trying to defend anything based on religion or political grounds.

Also today the majority of the context of our PUL leanings is in direct response to celtics catholic stance - but when we are beating Ajax when we get bat to the CL no one in the crowd gives a damm about PUL but they sure as hell care how we perform and what the result is. The term 90 min bogota was bandied about a few treats ago - and still is a phrase that covers our PUL stance - and we are not supposed to care what they do anyway !

Dignified silence has its place, If Rangers football club were to answer every slight it would be never ending. We the support have a far better answer, boycott the paper, boycott the radio station, let them know you are not happy tell them they are losing revenue due to the actions of certain individuals in their organisation. Mobilise the troops, moan at the instigators not the club. Target the individuals who are bad mouthing our Club, it has to be subtle, these guys thrive on attention, a straight forward give x abuse campaign won't do it, use your imagination. There are people out there making a differance see if you can be one of them.

Dignified silence has its place, If Rangers football club were to answer every slight it would be never ending. We the support have a far better answer, boycott the paper, boycott the radio station, let them know you are not happy tell them they are losing revenue due to the actions of certain individuals in their organisation. Mobilise the troops, moan at the instigators not the club. Target the individuals who are bad mouthing our Club, it has to be subtle, these guys thrive on attention, a straight forward give x abuse campaign won't do it, use your imagination. There are people out there making a differance see if you can be one of them.

That will only happen if the club instigate it giving solid reasons as to why.

This is the kind of thing the RST was initially set up to do until certain power hungry egotisits steered it in a different direction.

These companies laugh at individuals saying they are going to boycott them. They don't laugh though when it's a body powerful enough to hurt them that makes the same threat.