Safe standing

Thomasmrfc

This has been brought out before but with Bristol city's plans to bring in safe standing in the summer this is something we should closely follow the atmosphere at Ibrox currently ain't the best and this could defiantly improve it look at the bundesliga for example with Dortmund and their Great Wall stand I hope this is implemented in the future

What's strange is the Hillsborough Familes or whatever they call themselves who keep banging on about how standing should not be brought back...Someone should tell them to go to Anfield...No one in the Kop sits...everybody stands for 90 mins!!

yes please. I miss the surge of a crowd....... W.E. loyal!

That will never happen with safe standing terraces :(

I prefer to sit but there is no real argument against standing areas at Ibrox; there would be no safety concerns about standing in either enclosures or Govan Front for example. Cans and bottles are not allowed in the stadium and toilet facilities and society are more advanced than before so the anti social unhygienic habits of they past would not be a factor.

We have to stand at most away stadiums without problems so it would be no risk at a stadium like Ibrox.

I'd like the club to look at Rail seating. It provides seating with the option of safe-standing.

biqms.jpg

I get the idea of this but you will end up with a contingent who choose to sit down and then subsequently moan like fuck that those who choose to stand.

But anything that leads to standing gets my vote.

I get the idea of this but you will end up with a contingent who choose to sit down and then subsequently moan like fuck that those who choose to stand.

But anything that leads to standing gets my vote.

With the railing seating they lock the seats in upright position so you literally can't sit down

In previous discussions about this on here and elsewhere it's been a popular proposal.

I've seen people suggest various positions for a safe standing area, but I think the ideal scenario would be making a section or two in every stand safe standing (with the rail seat system).

No matter what you did: A section in one stand, a section in two stands or even all four stands, I think it would probably be oversubscribed and end up with a lengthy waiting list, although no doubt not as lengthy as the disabled waiting list!

I am for it, don't get me wrong. But I don't think it's as easy as simply ripping seats out and putting in the rail seats.

There's two main rail seat systems: single step and double step. Which one you use depends on the gradient of your stands. In our case it would almost certainly need to be double step, so it would invlove ripping out two rows of seats to install one row of rail seats. With the double step between the new rails there would be space for at least the same number of fans at domestic games (standing in two rows between each rail), but when it comes to European games the numbers for those rows would need to drop by half unless UEFA change the rules on safe standing.