Roll of Dishonour

eskbankloyal

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i am not a lawyer - and I am aware this act has been superceded by the Terrorism act but does the element i have highlighted still apply?

The Prevention of Terrorism (Temporary Provisions) Act 1989 : Proscribed Organisations Allowed for organisations to be made illegal, making membership an arrestable offence. It was also an offence to soliciting financial support for any listed group, display signs of public support, or attend a meeting supporting a listed group or addressed by a group member. The maximum penalty was ten years' imprisonment and an unlimited fine. The initial groups outlawed were the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) and the Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) in the United Kingdom and numerous loyalist groups within Northern Ireland.

Ok i am not a lawyer - and I am aware this act has been superceded by the Terrorism act but does the element i have highlighted still apply?

The Prevention of Terrorism (Temporary Provisions) Act 1989 : Proscribed Organisations Allowed for organisations to be made illegal, making membership an arrestable offence. It was also an offence to soliciting financial support for any listed group, display signs of public support, or attend a meeting supporting a listed group or addressed by a group member. The maximum penalty was ten years' imprisonment and an unlimited fine. The initial groups outlawed were the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) and the Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) in the United Kingdom and numerous loyalist groups within Northern Ireland.

Yes, it still applies.

ok arrest the cunts then. Including that nice lady in the Uni.

She's tweeting that it's a protest against the criminalisation of football fans singing a "legal" song. Under the Terrorism Act, the promotion of any proscribed terrorist organisation is illegal, so it's clearly not "legal" to sing it. The fact that some dickheads have managed to record and release a version of it without getting arrested doesn't mean that the law doesn't allow for the prosecution of people singing it. Hopefully Ms Findlay will discover this to her cost in due course.

She's tweeting that it's a protest against the criminalisation of football fans singing a "legal" song. Under the Terrorism Act, the promotion of any proscribed terrorist organisation is illegal, so it's clearly not "legal" to sing it. The fact that some dickheads have managed to record and release a version of it without getting arrested doesn't mean that the law doesn't allow for the prosecution of people singing it. Hopefully Ms Findlay will discover this to her cost in due course.

which should be irrelevant - they have "displayed a sign of public support" for terrorist organisations - the motives are immaterial. If they wanted to protest against the criminalisation of football fans singing particular songs, they should have released the Billy Boys.

I never heard fuck all back from that Rogers guy but did from two apple store cunts. Fucking wanks.

It wasn't him but I assume his PA, Shiobhan Sbverzoniga or something half Irish, half foreign sounding like that.

Basically saying people are free to download what they want. Nothing on the fact that Apple are hosting and selling a song celebrating terrorists that bombed and shot members of the British army along with innocent children, pregnant women and countless innocent men.

Sickening. Actually raging at it :lol:

Their songs at number 36 now so I doubt it ll make the top 40 anyway. Bobby sands and his gang would be proud, another fail.

It wasn't him but I assume his PA, Shiobhan Sbverzoniga or something half Irish, half foreign sounding like that.

Basically saying people are free to download what they want. Nothing on the fact that Apple are hosting and selling a song celebrating terrorists that bombed and shot members of the British army along with innocent children, pregnant women and countless innocent men.

Their songs at number 36 now so I doubt it ll make the top 40 anyway. Bobby sands and his gang would be proud, another fail.

whats the difference between the update chart and the offical top 40? the last i seen it wasn't even in the official top 100

Smelly Fenian bastards

which should be irrelevant - they have "displayed a sign of public support" for terrorist organisations - the motives are immaterial. If they wanted to protest against the criminalisation of football fans singing particular songs, they should have released the Billy Boys.

Exactly. Framing the whole discussion as an issue of "freedom of speech" is absurd. We don't have absolute freedom of speech in this country. Freedom of speech is supported neither by the spirit nor by the letter of the law.