Man City expanding Etihad

Was reading up on it

They can expand further to over 70,000 if required by making the 2 stands on the touchline sides bigger and completing the "wavy bowl" top tier (similar to emirates)

Also was looking at the etihad campus they are building next to the stadium

Impressive stuff

Must be good to have an Arab sheik owning you!

Will they be able to fill it? They'll need to become the new Man U. That will surely take years of dominance.

The more success the Arab money buys, the more people will decide City are "their" team. The stadium at present is probably big enough for their genuine support, but they'll have to make room for gloryhunters..

Was reading up on it

They can expand further to over 70,000 if required by making the 2 stands on the touchline sides bigger and completing the "wavy bowl" top tier (similar to emirates)

Also was looking at the etihad campus they are building next to the stadium

Impressive stuff

Must be good to have an Arab sheik owning you!

Or a kind City Council!

As a long time, City fan, it has been great to see the way we are growing. I remember in 1981, at the FA cup final, when we took nearly 50 000 fans to cheer on the team. Never been to the Etihad yet, as every time I've tried to get tickets it's been sold out. I was at Manchester in 2008, but never even got close to the stadium, since I never had a ticket. Was going to go on a stadium tour, the day after the 2008 Uefa cup final, but decided to just head up the road, after the unpleasantness the previous evening. (Nothing to do with me though)

As a long time, City fan, it has been great to see the way we are growing. I remember in 1981, at the FA cup final, when we took nearly 50 000 fans to cheer on the team. Never been to the Etihad yet, as every time I've tried to get tickets it's been sold out. I was at Manchester in 2008, but never even got close to the stadium, since I never had a ticket. Was going to go on a stadium tour, the day after the 2008 Uefa cup final, but decided to just head up the road, after the unpleasantness the previous evening. (Nothing to do with me though)

Every games been sold out? There's empty seats everywhere at every game :lol:

Bit of a joke really that Citeh can't fill their stadium week in week out with the amount of quality they have.

Wasn't really impressed with it when I went down. The outside looks not bad and the Village looks pretty good with the mini stadium and that but for having the chance to build an amazing modern stadium from scratch it's pretty basic inside. Wide concourse whith not much going on in it.