You couldn't do up his laces.

CoopsLaud

I have to say when Boyd I never thought Miller would work as the number 9. I'm sure he scored in the first 5-10 games that season? If I remember right it was the season he left because I had just bought the red and white striped top with his name on it the day before!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawman that's the difference between 'facts' and 'opinions'. One can be challenged the other , well these are just 'facts'.

Of course your point is valid. It's like who was the best boxer - Ali or Joe Louis?? BBC even went as far to stage a computer generated fight back in, IIRC, the 70s'..... still no nearer an answer which leaves us with 'opinions' and a much more interesting debate. (tu)

Mike Tyson would have beaten both.

Lets stick to the facts:

Jimmy Smith 249 goals in 259 games = 96%

Jim Forrest 145 goals in 163 games = 89%

Robert Hamilton 184 in 209 games = 88%

Marco Negri 36 goals in 42 games = 86%

Willie Reid 195 goals in 230 games = 85%

Jimmy Fleming 223 goals in 268 games = 83%

Max Murray 121 goals in 154 games = 79%

Geordie Henderson 142 goals in 195 games = 73%

Billy Simpson 163 goals in 239 games = 68%

Kris Boyd 128 goals in 192 games = 67%

Ralph Brand 206 goals in 317 games = 65%

Bob McPhail 261 in 408 games = 64%

Willie Thornton 194 in 308 games = 63%

Ally McCoist 355 goals in 581 games = 61%

Sam English 41 goals in 72 games = 57%

James Marshall 125 goals in 225 games = 56

Everyone plays the 'if only' game with Negri and in particular Michael Mols. Reckon we'd have beaten Bayern in the CWC final in '67 'if only' Jim Forrest had not been made a scapegoat for Berwick.

Oh well.......

Brilliant post. Thanks for sharing those stats. (tu) Quite an eye-opener!

Was just about to post something about Jimmy.

Scored 162 goals in 317 games.

Not bad for a half-back (see what I did there?) bought for £5,000 from Dunfermline.

And he even played Pivot (ask yer faither if you don't know) :pipe:

It is nonsense to suggest Mo Johnston was Rangers' first Catholic player. Records suggest there were many Catholic first-team Rangers players pre-Johnston, the marauding South African centre-forward Don Kitchenbrand among them. (tu)

Archibald Kyle, grand father of the best rock voice Scotland ever produced (Frankie Miller) played for the famous Rangers around 190x...... Archie like Frankie was an RC ---- conveniently overlooked by Scotland's taig manipulated media. Way bere the Rhino, may dad reckoned he was a great player, was on our books.

Archibald Kyle, grand father of the best rock voice Scotland ever produced (Frankie Miller) played for the famous Rangers around 190x...... Archie like Frankie was an RC ---- conveniently overlooked by Scotland's taig manipulated media. Way bere the Rhino, may dad reckoned he was a great player, was on our books.

He the Rhino was a battering ram with no shortage of ability, he was transferred to Sunderland for £8000, a considerable sum back in the day.