• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the justice system working, congratulations to the WVB, his family and not forgetting the mod in question.

Paper shouldn't be printing his address. I'd sue the bastards.

From experience it's almost impossible to get a court to withhold an address you need a special application and even then there needs to be compelling and highly unusual circumstances as its seen to be a key tent pole of the justice system . Nothing anyone can do, it doesn't make it right it's just the way of the world unfortunately .

Good to see the justice system working, congratulations to the WVB, his family and not forgetting the mod in question.

From experience it's almost impossible to get a court to withhold an address you need a special application and even then there needs to be compelling and highly unusual circumstances as its seen to be a key tent pole of the justice system . Nothing anyone can do, it doesn't make it right it's just the way of the world unfortunately .

Why is that? I've never understood how publishing addresses of people who haven't even been convicted is relevant or necessary. What's the thinking behind it?

Yeah that, but I mean generally. Every time there's a court appearance in the local paper they print the person's road, don't see the point of it.

With the internet and right tools plus facebook and twitter and the rest of the information gathering sites finding addresses is child's play nowadays anyway.

It still wrong to publish it though.

Why is that? I've never understood how publishing addresses of people who haven't even been convicted is relevant or necessary. What's the thinking behind it?

Bitter Journos

It absolutely is bitter journo's . if the defence ever make an application to withhold an address for 'safety' reasons the journalists make an application to oppose that. They are the only people who care about it but they bang on about their rights to report .

the ridiculousness is in a case like this where the bloke is cleared and they still report his address , I think that's when he deserves the right to a bit of anonymity address wise even though google could find the address without too much difficulty earlier in the proceedings.

It absolutely is bitter journo's . if the defence ever make an application to withhold an address for 'safety' reasons the journalists make an application to oppose that. They are the only people who care about it but they bang on about their rights to report .

the ridiculousness is in a case like this where the bloke is cleared and they still report his address , I think that's when he deserves the right to a bit of anonymity address wise even though google could find the address without too much difficulty ear

Ire in the proceedings.

That's just it, there's a big difference between actively seeking out someone's address and having it spoon-fed to you in your morning paper. I'd bet that there are further crimes committed as a direct result of printing addresses of defendants in this country.