Manchester City v Chelsea

Broxi1872

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho was in the papers talking about us and the scum going down to the Premiership, but the sun ran with "Jose wants Celts in Prem, I might even manage them".

Top journalism

JOSE Mourinho wants Celtic in the English Premier League, Rangers will need to spend £30m to challenge for the Premiership title in two years time plus Hearts new boy Paul McCallum on why Andy Carroll is his inspiration

Bring Celtic to English Premier, says Mourinho

CHELSEA boss Jose Mourinho has called for Celtic to be added to the English Premier League, insisting: “They would bring something special to the league.”

Both the Hoops and Rangers have explored the possibility of moving down to England, but have repeatedly had their dreams quashed by English club bosses.

But the ‘Special One’ believes Celtic would be a great addition to a revamped top flight.

He said: “They are a big club, with a big support and a famous history. When I have been in England I have asked my colleagues why Celtic are not playing in the Premier League.

“They had a strong run last season in the Champions League, but they will always be limited because competition does not seem to be there for them up in Scotland.”

And Mourinho - who managed the Porto team that defeated Celtic 3-2 in the UEFA Cup final in Seville - refused to rule out managing the Parkhead side, adding: “Would I manage them? You never know what can happen in football.” (The Sun)

Where'd he speak about us?