How many points would Baabaadeen and Dundee Hivs have in a League 1?

Muirheadbear

A lot has been made about Aberdeen being favourites for the Scottish Cup and Dundee Hivs having a good chance too. That's 70 points out of 72 for us this season.

A hypothetical question - but how would their squads be shaping up in this league?

Are they really better than us?

Considering Livingston won it by 23 points when they were in it & QOTS won it by 25 points with squads far poorer than what Aberdeen & Dundee Utd have then I suspect that they would be doing fine, probably not too dissimilar to how we are doing actually.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and we are being professional enough to do that, but some people massively over rate the "quality" in this league. Generally speaking, it's garbage.

Both of them would have taken at least a couple of beatings so far in this league. Fact.

I agree, that's why I think with the 'home advantage' we can win this Scottish Cup

It's by no means certain but I think we have a really good chance.

Oh how I would love to see Big Lee lift that trophy at Breezeblock Boulevard.

Considering Livingston won it by 23 points when they were in it & QOTS won it by 25 points with squads far poorer than what Aberdeen & Dundee Utd have then I suspect that they would be doing fine, probably not too dissimilar to how we are doing actually.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and we are being professional enough to do that, but some people massively over rate the "quality" in this league. Generally speaking, it's garbage.

Livingston and QOS are a poor comparison if you ask me. The teams in this league, as they did last year, will raise their game because it is Rangers they are playing. Every single game we play is like a cup tie. That wouldn't be the same if i was Aberdeen or Hibs etc.

A lot has been made about Aberdeen being favourites for the Scottish Cup and Dundee Hivs having a good chance too. That's 70 points out of 72 for us this season.

A hypothetical question - but how would their squads be shaping up in this league?

Are they really better than us?

With their current squads and current resources they would win the leagues easily.With a squad that was on over 6million per annum I think they would win at a canter in terms of points but also play good football.For what its worth I reckon either manager managing us in these leagues would have our current squad playing good football AND winning games.