***Official Euro 2016 Draw***

WadeWilson

The draw takes place in Nice on Sunday the 23rd of February 2014.

With an expanded format and 24 teams going to the next championships, it will be an extremely interesting draw.

Pot 1: Spain (holders), Germany, Holland, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland

Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland

Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, SCOTLAND, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus

Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus

Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar

(Teams in bold are the most-supported nations on Rangersmedia and therefore of interest).

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I reckon, for Scotland anyway...

Easiest group for Scotland:

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Hungary

Israel

SCOTLAND

Northern Ireland

Gibralter

Toughest group for Scotland:

Spain

Belgium

Poland

SCOTLAND

Iceland

Faroe Islands

Would like to see:

England

Sweden

Slovakia

SCOTLAND

Azerbaijan

Kazakhstan

Greece

Ireland

Slovenia

Scotland

NI

Gibralter

NI and Gibralter will be a guaranteed 12 points for Scotland. The rest are all beatable.

Agreed.

Most of the 2nd seeds are beatable (on a good day)... but I had to choose the Swedes for the chance to see Zlatan at Hampden.

There's potential for a very favourable group for us there. Hopefully we'll manage to do decent for once.

Also Kazakhstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia just aren't European. I get why Israel are there, but those other countries have no business being there.

There's potential for a very favourable group for us there. Hopefully we'll manage to do decent for once.

Also Kazakhstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia just aren't in European. I get why Israel are there, but those other countries have no business being there.

I don't. Israel is about as much South American as it is European.

In fact, that's an idea. Get them in CONCACAF so that they can carve up the group stages with their good ol' US buddies.

I picked the Azeris and the Kazakhs as Scotland have never played them before so it would be 'pastures' new for the fans and the team.

I don't. Israel is about as much South American as it is European.

In fact, that's an idea. Get them in CONCACAF so that they can carve up the group stages with their good ol' US buddies.

I picked the Azeris and the Kazakhs as Scotland have never played them before so it would be 'pastures' new for the fans and the team.

To be fair most of the Muslim states in Asia refused to play Israel when they were in the AFC. I think Israel won their world cup qualifying group for 1958 without playing a game. I agree it's pretty ridiculous, but they were actually expelled from the AFC in the 70s and ended up playing most of the 80s in the Oceanian Football Confederation before settling down in UEFA.

They're the only national team to have played under three different continental governing bodies.

To be fair most of the Muslim states in Asia refused to play Israel when they were in the AFC. I think Israel won their world cup qualifying group for 1958 without playing a game. I agree it's pretty ridiculous, but they were actually expelled from the AFC in the 70s and ended up playing most of the 80s in the Oceanian Football Confederation before settling down in UEFA.

They're the only national team to have played under three different continental governing bodies.

I know... It's a ridiculous situation in sport. Three continents! Crazy.