Rangers First

iang2911

It is a legitimate way round things like seed capital or issuing a prospectus, it saves on costs for startups....a good thing in this financially rapacious day and age. (tu)

Thx BB & Rea, I think more transparency is needed on this, as not everyone can get to the meetings or understand the business jargon. I would like to remain aware of what's being proposed for Rangers.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see all the names that are part of this little love-in group have been named. Aww wait, they haven't, and also Richard Atkinson is involved? well I am out. The guy can't answer simple questions and has had fails at other clubs. Fan ownership might work for small teams in Scotland but not Rangers who have had so many different varities of opinion in the clubs matter as we seen for the AGM. Follow Follow are right to censor this (not like me agreeing with FF) but they must have a good reason to do it.

Will always be against fan ownership, but nothing will stop me watching Rangers. I wont be like a stupid fan that says "oh a new board is in, must boycott" like the SOS, but I will have my own say about the stupid idea of our fans owning the club.

Good to see all the names that are part of this little love-in group have been named. Aww wait, they haven't, and also Richard Atkinson is involved? well I am out. The guy can't answer simple questions and has had fails at other clubs. Fan ownership might work for small teams in Scotland but not Rangers who have had so many different varities of opinion in the clubs matter as we seen for the AGM. Follow Follow are right to censor this (not like me agreeing with FF) but they must have a good reason to do it.

Will always be against fan ownership, but nothing will stop me watching Rangers. I wont be like a stupid fan that says "oh a new board is in, must boycott" like the SOS, but I will have my own say about the stupid idea of our fans owning the club.

The irony of ££ censoring anything while championing a group who have had to remove libelous posts is in fact beyond irony.

what questions have i not answered? ask away?

Want to know if there are any bheast connections. You have already stated on another thread that you have no interest in the team so I am intrigued as to your motives. Or is it just one big ego trip?

see the problem is that when i answer a question you seem not to be able to accept the answer.

What is in it for me? I believe in Community Ownership and Fan Governance (ergo Fanownership)

When i believe in something i am inclined to try and do something about it and work with anyone that is interested in the same things that I am.....and that is what is called job satisfaction....that is what is in it for me.

Please let me know if that is good enough for you?

Fan ownership will never happen and it's just as well it won't.

Thx BB & Rea, I think more transparency is needed on this, as not everyone can get to the meetings or understand the business jargon. I would like to remain aware of what's being proposed for Rangers.

We are working on getting the website up as soon as possible and everything will be made available via that.

what questions have i not answered? ask away?

Why do you care about Rangers so much?

Why is it that you dont help the Kilmarnock fans buy their club?

With us having 4 fans group why do we need your help when you failed at Hearts and St Mirren?

Why do you pass on when Motherwell have a loss, saying that fan ownership is still the way forward?

You say that Fan ownership is key, yet Barcelona and Real Madrid are in moutains of debt?

Swansea are getting chased for land deals which were made up by the fans saying in the matter, is that not illogical?

Why is it that you wont answer Corkys questions about your dealsing with the other side and your history in the matter of Education?

With us having 4 fans group why do we need your help when you failed at Hearts and St Mirren?

Why do you pass on when Motherwell have a loss, saying that fan ownership is still the way forward?

You say that Fan ownership is key, yet Barcelona and Real Madrid are in moutains of debt?

Swansea are getting chased for land deals which were made up by the fans saying in the matter, is that not illogical?

Why is it that you wont answer Corkys questions about your dealsing with the other side and your history in the matter of Education?

Once again, this is NOT about Richard Atkinson, he is helping, along with Supporters Direct Scotland, Rangers Fans who want to do something positive for the future of the club. Full details will be forth coming via www.rangersfirst.org in the hopefully very near future.

If you have any concerns on how it is set up or who is involved or how it moves forward, put your name forward and join in!!

Well done to Ian for pushing this and giving up his free time to push it.

If half of us who moaned showed half as much commitment we would be the biggest club in Europe

More power to you Ian and all the best with it.

I remain to be convinced but its clear you have Rangers interests at heart.

This will take a lot of your time and effort and for that I commend you sir.,

Rangers First !

Once again, this is NOT about Richard Atkinson, he is helping, along with Supporters Direct Scotland, Rangers Fans who want to do something positive for the future of the club. Full details will be forth coming via www.rangersfirst.org in the hopefully very near future.

If you have any concerns on how it is set up or who is involved or how it moves forward, put your name forward and join in!!

Can the "adult" not answer the question put in front Ian, And as i have said before, same as independence. I will never say yes to the thought of fan ownership, as much as I have an agenda agasint the RST, they have bought sjares and want fan represeantation, i will take that over REA, taking over the club then running away.

Well done to Ian for pushing this and giving up his free time to push it.

If half of us who moaned showed half as much commitment we would be the biggest club in Europe

More power to you Ian and all the best with it.

I remain to be convinced but its clear you have Rangers interests at heart.

This will take a lot of your time and effort and for that I commend you sir.,

Rangers First !

Thank you mate, there are many more other than just me, about 40 people turned up last night who put themselves forward for the working parties and over 1000 have signed up for more info since last Friday, without any advertising. IF it can be constructed in a way the everyone benefits from then I think we can achieve it.

only thing that matters is

Rangers First

Can the "adult" not answer the question put in front Ian, And as i have said before, same as independence. I will never say yes to the thought of fan ownership, as much as I have an agenda agasint the RST, they have bought sjares and want fan represeantation, i will take that over REA, taking over the club then running away.

Focusing on Richard takes away from who are actually doing this, Rangers Fans. I would much rather you talked about that. We are all very aware of the process and how much or how little a part SDS and Richard will play.

Focusing on Richard takes away from who are actually doing this, Rangers Fans. I would much rather you talked about that. We are all very aware of the process and how much or how little a part SDS and Richard will play.

Okay then, Why do you want fan ownership and not fan representation?

Because a lot of Rangers fans care about Fanownership and I care about that also so i then care about them

I have been via SDS, I chaired one of their joint Fans Group meetings recently as PG was on holiday

It is upto your Fans that are engaged with me right now if they want my help it is an open offer, they have chosen so far to ask for it, so you will need to ask them why. The Fans at St MIrren offered £1.25m and was not enough, you may have noticed Hearts are in fact on the road to FO

Because Motherwell is not Fan Owned those losses have not been incurred while Fanowned but while owned by the current owner

Fan ownership is not a Panacea, Clubs can still be run badly, but Fans would have Transparent, Authoratative Consultation between Fans and board, so you know what is going on and it is in your own hands to sort it out, if you chose not to then that is your choice

sorry dont understand this point. Swansea are 20% Fanowned

Can you explain to me why where I was educated was import please......that is what I asked him...he has yet to give me any answer

Any more questions? or can you answer just one....do you accept the answers as the final word on the matter?

Can you explain the differences between the two?

The difference is that, whilst we have 20% in the club, we can make changes at the club, but it also just does not rely on the fans to pay for the club and we can have a multi million investors, unlike 100% owned which makes us the main investor and as you have seen in the RST they have raised only enouigh to buy 500,000 shares and VB on 100,000 which makes fan ownership hard to balance the books.

Sigh

Is this just a union in disguise, we pay a monthly subscription to have a view and ask the big wig who Runs Rangers first to be our voice??? Sorry if I sound neg about it but if not all buy into this then it becomes and an other RST etc and so on and we will be back saying How many supporters you represent??? as you dont speak for me. Roll on the fire

Can I just explain my problem here. We had an acrimonious run up to the AGM. At that time, the call went out for all parties to accept the outcome, step back and give whatever board was elected a chance to get on with it. When the board was elected, Mr Wallace asked for 120 days to carry out a full review of the running of the club. As he was new to Rangers, but not football management, I felt that this was reasonable rather than rushing in with a gung-ho manner. Now here we are roughly halfway into the review period and the board now have this contentious issue on their doorstep. My first question is - why now? Also, we are being lectured by someone who is a bit coy about his past dealings with parties who actively tried to destroy us H now dtates that he is doing it for "job satisfaction". Does this mean that his position within SDS is voluntary and honorary or is he paid? I am sorry to be so negative buy I am very suspicious of all this. As I have previously stated, I am very much in favour of fan representation but it appears that this has been abandoned in favour of fan ownership to which I am definately opposed. Let me pose one final question to rea; to your mind is it full fan ownership or nothing.

The difference is that, whilst we have 20% in the club, we can make changes at the club, but it also just does not rely on the fans to pay for the club and we can have a multi million investors, unlike 100% owned which makes us the main investor and as you have seen in the RST they have raised only enouigh to buy 500,000 shares and VB on 100,000 which makes fan ownership hard to balance the books.

I see - Rangers First has never discussed owning the club 100% at the meetings. So is more akin to fan involvement than to fan ownership by your definition.

First target is 5%

I suggest you take a look at the proposal, because what you're suggesting is exactly what the group is about.

Getting enough of a holding to make sure the fans can have some sort of influence. That might be 5%, 10%, 20% - who knows at this stage? Once that's reached, the money coming in can be diverted to other projects.

Owning a significant enough holding that the board are accountable to fans is the key.