future gers player in your family

a new star

Is that their fault or the parents though?

Not directed at you personally but it's easy to blame the kids but to me the parents are equally at fault for allowing this mentality to take hold.

My boy is 10yo, been playing organised football for the same team since he was 4.

A few times, usually when weather is shite or it is an 8.30am KO on a Saturday morning he has moaned a bit and tried to get out of it. They still play 7 a side at his age BUT think they go up to full size pitches next year as they have started training 2 nights a week now (1 night indoor and 1 night outside.)

Anyway, he is now really getting into his footie, think because him and his wee pal from the team go to the same school and are running rings around everyone else every lunchtime and the girls are liking it. Add Budeliga etc being on TV and FIFA 14 he genuinely seems to love football.

He now loves going to Ibrox so much that I don't have to take his NDS anymore to get him through boring bits. He is a big, strong, fast centre half and concentrates on watching the defenders for tips etc whichever game he is watching now. His fav player is still SDOW and a better role model for a young boy I couldn't name, allowing Billy Moshni runs him a close 2nd.

Anyway, we are both quite convinced that he will one day captain Rangers and lead the team out proudly at Ibrox, I'll keep you all posted BUT you heard it here first.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a nephew with a great left foot and ability beyond his years.

We recently moved him from RSABC to Partick Thistle where we think he's got a much better chance of making it.(thoughts on this anyone)

He's got a seat beside me in the CR but if he wants to play for Rangers then at some stage soon watching Rangers may have to take a back seat.

Dedication is the key if you have the natural ability.

Ive got a nephew with a great left foot and ability beyond his years.

We recently moved him from RSABC to Partick Thistle where we think he's got a much better chance of making it.(thoughts on this anyone)

He's got a seat beside me in the CR but if he wants to play for Rangers then at some stage soon watching Rangers may have to take a back seat.

Dedication is the key if you have the natural ability.

Partick Thistle supposedly have a great youth setup. If it's meant to be with Rangers let them come get him when he's older, as much as I love Rangers if I was ever faced with the choice with my boy I'd advise him to turn us down and progress his career elsewhere. Too many talented kids go into our youth set up and get forgotten about.

I can see peoples point with regards to signing for another club which could aid development more (to an extent)

But for me, the facilties available for use would favour me too choose Rangers.

I'm of the opinion that if someone is good enough then they will make it no matter where they start off.

I'm twenty one and, though my average football career ended with a half-hearted enquiry by Rangers and a reluctant offer by Alloa Athletic, I'm confident that I'll end up making it. Also, my son - sperm fecundity assumed - will captain our club.

Wait there, u said ur career ended but ur confident you'll still make it? I'm confused, do u still play??

I can see peoples point with regards to signing for another club which could aid development more (to an extent)

I'm of the opinion that if someone is good enough then they will make it no matter where they start off.

Totally agree with the facilities but one of my grandsons has just been dropped by the Pro Youth Team after 3 months trials and was totally devastated. Only ten years old and anything else would be second best. So better signing for another club and climbing the ladder.

My oldest is 7 and goes to coaching one night a week in Ayr. The two Ayr Utd boys Moffat and Donald take the training and the kids love it. Obviously I'm well aware of thier backgrounds, Moffat especially, but I cant fault how they are with the kids. My boy loves his sport but, thankfully, football appears to be his choice right now and I'd love to get him more involved. I played under 18's then amateur with Barlieth but I started football quite late so I'm clueless with regard to boys football. He already plays rugby for Ayr on Sundays so standing in a freshly furrowed field on a wild November morning wont be a problem.

Not at Rangers then. Personal and second hand experience that it's not always the best who get picked. Strong athletic boys are favoured over the more skillful and that's a fact straight from one of the head coaches if not the head coach. Always get the name wrong but others on here will verify this.

who says it takes me 2 hours to drink 3 buds?? I said i planned on talking shite for atleast another 2 hours.

The effects of 3 bud wouldn't still be there on real men for 20 minutes never mind 2 hours, definitely a poof.

The effects of 3 bud wouldn't still be there on real men for 20 minutes never mind 2 hours, definitely a poof.

real men!! hahaha I had alot more than 3 buds during my session that day & fell asleep b4 i could finish wot i had left in my fridge. so how many buds can you drink in 20 mins?