A question about the SDS

1st_Jan_1994

One member one vote is flawed too as it will become propaganda wars like we seen in the build up to the AGM

Our fans are too easily influenced from the media to rebels and blazer chasers - they successfully got almost everyone to a man at Ibrox turning on the "spivs" with sheer lies

This will become a massive continuation of all these same dirty politics IMO one person one vote it doesn't even matter

whereas the last AGM with capitalists scrabbling about wasn't in any way a propaganda war.....right !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you have a clear grasp on reality never mind capitalism or propaganda

you said that fan ownership would lead to a propaganda war at AGM's

I put it to you that under the present ownership there already was a propaganda war at the AGM so your point is null and void.

Now why don't you answer the question instead of trying to derail the argument with idiotic insults

I put it to you that under the present ownership there already was a propaganda war at the AGM so your point is null and void.

Now why don't you answer the question instead of trying to derail the argument with idiotic insults

What propoganda were the current Board and owners puting out pre AGM ? Genuine question by the way.

There was no propaganda war from the board or investors ya fuckin nutter only the occasional statement on the website refuting some of the proven lies and smears that were driving the share price down

Honesty waken up and step into the real world

You were saying it was the board though

this is what I said

"you said that fan ownership would lead to a propaganda war at AGM's

I put it to you that under the present ownership there already was a propaganda war at the AGM so your point is null and void."

dolly English class at school I take it ?

you know the cunts that canny read

this is what I said

"you said that fan ownership would lead to a propaganda war at AGM's

I put it to you that under the present ownership there already was a propaganda war at the AGM so your point is null and void."

dolly English class at school I take it ?

you know the cunts that canny read

"Under the present ownership".

The propaganda didn't come from them.

This has happened in some places (the MyFootballClub ownership of Ebbsfleet is an example), I don't think fan ownership is necessarily workable but fan representation should be achievable and workable. The nature of the representation is the key. Personally I would look to bring soeone in with the best skill set (maybe someone like Gordon Smith) to represent fan interests on the board. Then a one member one vote set up to decide what the fans want to bring to the table.

DDs dropping off would not change the value of the share holding and would only be an issue if the club were 100% fan owned and relied on the income to operate day to day. Any funds not used for buying shares should be ringfenced (other than admin costs) for capital purchases and Rangers should make a request for funding then the membership decides on the case put forward.

What I wouldn't want is the 'blazer chasers' using this scheme as a way to get their feet under the table. We would need, and deserve, someone who is professional and understands their responsibilities to the fans but also their duties as a board member.

Only One Man and only would I support with this Scheme.

Sandy Jardine legend.

He without doubt Loves our Club.

Never been one to support fan ownership.

It's not that I'm inherently against the idea, but I have never been convinced that it's viable (at least not within our fractious support)

Having said that, someone having ~80% of shares and complete control (or as much control as 80% gets you) doesn't sit well with me either

I would also say that I fully support fan representation, but to be honest, a lot of what I've read from fan groups and 'what the majority of Rangers fans want' isn't actually what I want, so I'm not sure whether that would work either (as I said, fractious)

In short, as long as I have the team to support and we're moving forward, I'm happy