Andy Goram @ The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium- This Friday!

Its nearly here! This Friday come and meet the Greatest Goalkeeper in our Club’s history!

Tickets are priced at £10 and there are still a small number still available.

Tickets are available to purchase now by card or paypal account at www.thelouden.co.uk/events.html

Doors open at 7pm and the Q&A is scheduled to begin at 8pm

The Goalie is great entertainment at a speakers night and is well worth coming to see. Tickets are limited and all sales are final.

Also there are still tickets available for the Lorenzo Amoruso Q&As on Friday 4th & Saturday 5th April.

We Are The People

God Bless The Rangers

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium - More than a Pub

Official Partner of The Rangers Football Club

One Rangers… No Factions – www.thelouden.co.uk, @TheLoudenTavern

Another reason why the club must as a matter of urgency get the old Edmiston Club re-developed and open.

Between these 'Legend' nights, Rangers first meetings and ordinary match days Bears must be spending a fortune and the club is seeing not one penny of it!!!

We have 18 home league games a season, even if the Louden is only taking £10K a match that's nearly £200K the club is missing out on plus add potential income from other OFFICIAL nights/functions that the club could arrange in there.

We must be missing out on well over £1/4M a season.

Another reason why the club must as a matter of urgency get the old Edmiston Club re-developed and open.

Between these 'Legend' nights, Rangers first meetings and ordinary match days Bears must be spending a fortune and the club is seeing not one penny of it!!!

We have 18 home league games a season, even if the Louden is only taking £10K a match that's nearly £200K the club is missing out on plus add potential income from other OFFICIAL nights/functions that the club could arrange in there.

:lol: - The Louden Tavern disagrees with you. :lol:

I'd be gutted at your figures :P

Seriously though - I feel that we offer the Rangers Support a valuable service and one which the club themselves are reticent to do.

We are not profiteers and are Rangers Fans ourselves and our key aim is to ensure that we provide the Quintessential Rangers Supporters Matchday Experience. We work hard to that goal and I feel are very successful at it.

Obviously I am not going to pretend that we are not for profit. We are. But we provide fair prices and top quality product that are second to none.

I would like to clarify a few points you made. We make no money from ticket sales for our Q&A events - the bar takings is what we get out of it.

Re: Rangers First - the first meeting we had cost us in excess of £500 to host - and the meeting last night was not far off that. So I think it is a bit of an unfair allegation.

:lol: - The Louden Tavern disagrees with you. :lol:

I'm sure the do, BUT I've started threads about this before...EVERY SINGLE PENNY Rangers supporters spend in the Louden pre/post match should be viewed as a wasted opportunity as far as the club itself is concerned.

The last time I started a thread about this [i.e redeveloping the old Edmiston Club ASAP as Louden was raking it in] the Family Hospitality in the old Ibrox Suite was closed and re-opened as an official Rangers bar of sorts, so they know they are potentially missing out on huge sums of cash from Rangers fans which is being spent elsewhere.

I'm sure the do, BUT I've started threads about this before...EVERY SINGLE PENNY Rangers supporters spend in the Louden pre/post match should be viewed as a wasted opportunity as far as the club itself is concerned.

The last time I started a thread about this [i.e redeveloping the old Edmiston Club ASAP as Louden was raking it in] the Family Hospitality in the old Ibrox Suite was closed and re-opened as an official Rangers bar of sorts, so they know they are potentially missing out on huge sums of cash from Rangers fans which is being spent elsewhere.

I assume all the other pubs/clubs/and halls are targeted as well and not merely us :)

This !!!

Surely it wouldn't take too much time or money to get Edmiston House up and running. It needn't be all bells and whistles to start with, just a place to get a drink and some pub grub. They can always tart it up as they go along.

They'd get the costs back in a few home games alone.

Many would love to pop in before a match for a Loyal Lager, some Billy Beers, a Porrini or Ronald De Beer even, or a wee sashy cider. Those who prefer spirits could have a a Vidmar vodka, Walters whisky or Ricksen rum.

On the food front we could have Nachos Novo, or Ham-o-ruso Sandwiches.

This !!!

Surely it wouldn't take too much time or money to get Edmiston House up and running. It needn't be all bells and whistles to start with, just a place to get a drink and some pub grub. They can always tart it up as they go along.

Many would love to pop in before a match for a Loyal Lager, some Billy Beers, a Porrini or Ronald De Beer even, or a wee sashy cider. Those who prefer spirits could have a a Vidmar vodka, Walters whisky or Ricksen rum.

:lol:

This !!!

I started a thread about this a while back and someone in the trade estimated that Rangers could make £600K-700K a season from an 'in-house' pub/venue on matchdays.

I assume all the other pubs/clubs/and halls are targeted as well and not merely us :)

Personally I will have a pop at all pubs/clubs/and halls who post on Rangers forums about putting Rangers first whilst at the same time taking in excess of £500k a year from Rangers fans which would imho be far better going directly to the club.

Are there any other pubs/clubs/and halls who advertise on here?

This !!!

A Stein of lager.....a Wee Bud-weiser....a bottle of Jimmy Millar.....and to sop up all that bevvy, a plate of Baxter's soup.... of course they'd need to hire a DJ for the sash-bash. :D

yup great ideas - we have the potential to open up so many revenue streams its frightening. The club should do a suggestions box type thing for supporters for revenue streams. A lot will be pish, but there will be a few gems.

Personally I will have a pop at all pubs/clubs/and halls who post on Rangers forums about putting Rangers first whilst at the same time taking in excess of £500k a year from Rangers fans which would imho be far better going directly to the club.

Places that cater for bears are to be applauded. They are perfectly entitled to compete for business tho there is probably far more than enough punters to go round. I doubt Ed House opening up would make much of a dent in their profits.

It's not their fault that the club doesn't do it.

So I take it none of you all are going to the Goram night :)

Its nothing personal, so please don't take it that way.

BUT I honestly believe that any/all Rangers pubs are taking away valuable income from the club and imho the sooner the old Edmiston Club or a modern equivalent is opened and the money Rangers fans spend at Ibrox pre/post match actually goes directly to the club itself the better.

And again, things such as 'legends' night with ex RANGERS players, attended by RANGERS fans should really be something the club should be generating income from not an outside business.

Its nothing personal, so please don't take it that way.

BUT I honestly believe that any/all Rangers pubs are taking away valuable income from the club and imho the sooner the old Edmiston Club or a modern equivalent is opened and the money Rangers fans spend at Ibrox pre/post match actually goes directly to the club itself the better.

And again, things such as 'legends' night with ex RANGERS players, attended by RANGERS fans should really be something the club should be generating income from not an outside business.

The club don't do it though so all power to the ones that do who give the Rangers fans something to enjoy.

Not the Loudens fault our club don't care about making money in this way.

So you rather we left the Stadium Bar as was - no worries. The more Rangers Pubs the better imo.

So what is your take on the meeting of Rangers First costing us money?

p.s. If Rangers want to buy the Louden then give us market value and we'll run it at a reasonable rate :)

The club don't do it though so all power to the ones that do who give the Rangers fans something to enjoy.

Not the Loudens fault our club don't care about making money in this way.

The thing is though - not put too fine a point on it. The club couldn't create what we have created with The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium.

I think it also worth remembering that we are The Official West of Scotland Public House Partners for Rangers.

Name me another Rangers Related business that puts as much money into the Club as we do?

The thing is though - not put too fine a point on it. The club couldn't create what we have created with The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium.

I think it also worth remembering that we are The Official West of Scotland Public House Partners for Rangers.

Name me another Rangers Related business that puts as much money into the Club as we do?

I don't know anything about it mate but I don't see why you should be getting slated on here because you are providing a service no one else is providing at this time.

I don't know anything about it mate but I don't see why you should be getting slated on here because you are providing a service no one else is providing at this time.

Cheers mate, my accuser has logged off so I'm sure he will get back to me at some point :)

Aye

I dont see the harm in what Roberts doing

I was at the Green Ricksen and Weir nights and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

If the club don't do it its their loss.

Do you go slagging all the wee guys who stand outside ibrox selling scarves and tammies for depriving rangers of money too?

Plus a donation gets made by the pub to the explayers benevolent fund.

The only downside is Roberts jokes :7325: :000000082:

So you rather we left the Stadium Bar as was - no worries. The more Rangers Pubs the better imo.

So what is your take on the meeting of Rangers First costing us money?

p.s. If Rangers want to buy the Louden then give us market value and we'll run it at a reasonable rate :)

I never set foot in the Stadium Bar,you have done fantastic job and created a wonderful atmosphere ,and after I have had a few beers with you I move on to Bar 72,best of both worlds