Mike Ashley

SteveJ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, they had proxy votes for the likes of BPH at the AGM but as for personal shares i don't think they have much more than Ashley himself tbh.

I stand corrected, although I think Ashley would bring more to the table from a business perspective than most, not to mention his financial power that we desperately need at the moment.

I stand corrected, although I think Ashley would bring more to the table from a business perspective than most, not to mention his financial power that we desperately need at the moment.

Id rather he invested a pile of cash but didn't have the power to appoint someone like Kinnear or take decisions like renaming Ibrox without consulting fans.

Id rather he invested a pile of cash but didn't have the power to appoint someone like Kinnear or take decisions like renaming Ibrox without consulting fans.

Fair enough, although I think he would want to control his investment, rather than sit back and watch someone spend his money

Why would Mike Ashley buy Rangers? If he is going to do it do you not think he would wait until we can get back into the champions league?

I was thinking more of this earlier and a hypothetical scenario hit me.

What if the Easdales have remained silent throughout all the turmoil because they are only a face to shares funded by Ashley? If so, Ashley could already own Rangers in theory and would only need to buy the shares back from the Easdales in the face of the stock exchange, to make it legal - once he is legally unbound by his Newcastle ownership.

It would explain why we are heavily linked with his Sports Direct and now with Puma. It would also explain the faceless investor/s.