RST Statement.

RangersFanBase

Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly & Trust Statement

The Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly and Trust have contacted the CEO Graham Wallace to ask for clarification on the proposed loan by directors and/or selected shareholders.

It is of great concern that at the club's AGM in December 2013 Graham advised there was sufficient cash in the business for the club to be able to continue to trade in the short to medium term yet two months later we require a loan for working capital. We would also like assurances that the club have explored all options for attracting fresh investment and this is the best deal available to the club.

On the day that the club launched a survey on listening to fans they have ignored shareholding fans overwhelming opposition to resolutions 9 & 10 at the club AGM. Resolution 9 seems to be being used to increase the influence of certain shareholders without affording the same option to others, which is an affront to shareholder democracy and rights.

Thoughts on this? I don't agree with the "trusts" and associations whatever very often, but I think they are actually right to ask the questions they're asking here.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I struggled to read the e-mail through tears of laughter. You do have to admire their sheer audacity.

IM waiting for clarification too, on all the rumours on the interweb concerning criminality within their organisation.

The future of the club is at stake and all you can worry about is a silly squabble about emails involving somebody (allegedly) who has already resigned. Pathetic.

More embarrassment IMO

What sort of clarity do they want? Is it not obvious it's plugging a short term working capital funding gap until season book money comes in and then with the cost cutting measures and action taken as a result if 120 day plan we should be doing a lot better financially?

I think it's that simple but as usual the groups are aiding a manufactured/mock crisis and keeping it going

Remember we have no debt - any football club no matter if it's Man United, Real Madrid or Dumbarton run 365-24.7 don't run with no debt

We are at a point where we need a fresh injection, just a little, to give us a comfort zone until the season book money is in

Would the rebel fan groups and scaremongerers rather we went into administration again just to cure their perverse frame of mind and be able to say "I told you so"? Seems like it

In short fuck off, settle down and let the people in charge do their work on our behalf

If guys like Wallace etc walked away and caused us to go under then it's exactly because of statements like this and videos from Sons of Swallow like last night

It's sad that these groups who are supposed to act in the best interests if the club are willing to hamper and damage the club with these kinds of statements based on rumours, assumptions and allegations.....why fuel the hysteria with this released in public? Why not seek clarification in private? Unless of course there are ulterior motives?

The future of the club is at stake and all you can worry about is a silly squabble about emails involving somebody (allegedly) who has already resigned. Pathetic.

you're the pathetic one. You only crawls out of the woodwork when you and your disgusting snide little friends think you can be divisive and cause trouble for the club. If it wasn't for the likes of you and the refs. We would probably have received extra investment. So I suggest the you the RST SOS should all crawl back into your slimy dens. You are not welcome around decent Rangers supporters. WATP

It's sad that these groups who are supposed to act in the best interests if the club are willing to hamper and damage the club with these kinds of statements based on rumours, assumptions and allegations.....why fuel the hysteria with this released in public? Why not seek clarification in private? Unless of course there are ulterior motives?

What rumours?

The club has asked for a loan

Fact.

Another example of looking at who's saying it rather than what's being said.

If this was VB's statement it would be praise to the high heavens on here.

Glad someone is asking about this - we deserve to know the background to this.

Why like this though? Why fuel more hysteria? Why not approach the club and get the information before adding to the scaremongering?

You are correct. This place is definitely getting worse. It is quite staggering how blind some people can be to what's going on. If FF or the RST don't like something, it must be good. Far too many people on here harbouring personal grudges.

They act in the best interest of themselves. End of!

What rumours?

The club has asked for a loan

Fact.

Yes but the purpose, terms and source if that loan are being speculated upon. The rumours u refer to are the link to resolutions 9/10 and the assumption this is to cover a financial shortfall....which it may but why add to the hysteria and scaremongering? Why not approach the club privately? Who gains from releasing a statement like this the night before a game?

You are correct. This place is definitely getting worse. It is quite staggering how blind some people can be to what's going on. If FF or the RST don't like something, it must be good. Far too many people on here harbouring personal grudges.

The irony here is so laughable it's embarrassing!

The difference is, the VB talk sense and do not profess to be financial experts, do not perpetuate rumour, innuendo, down right bare faced lies, nor kiss the ass of taig infested mhedia.

To The RST

When you get your own bloody house in order and give us transparency then and only then do earn the right to ask questions.

Kind Regards

RST lifetime member (unfortunately)

Excuse me for asking but has the individual who you and so many others on here seem to hate not resigned. Move on FFS.

I absolutely get the issues people have with RST but surely there has to be a question asked about the loan ? Why does any individual or business take out a loan if such a loan isn't needed , clearly it seems many think the only reason can be the as a 'bridging loan' until the season ticket money comes in.

If thats the case Then doesn't that raise issues over previous funds raised and how the business is being run ? I appreciate it's unusual for any club to be debt free these days but the majority of clubs have fairly substantial TV revenue coming season by season which works as a guarantee over such debts and that money isn't there for Rangers in the short or probably the long term.

I'm not sure the RST have much support these days nor am I sure about how much public statements help but I do think it's natural for people to have concerns or at least questions.