Alistair and his views.

bawsburst

Rangers board backing is just the ticket for McCoist

ALLY McCoist today urged Rangers fans to back the current Ibrox board and renew their season tickets.

Saturday 22/02/2014

23511160.jpg

Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace is conducting a 120-day restructuring plan at the club

Supporters were alarmed to discover this week that Gers officials were in talks with two investors about a £1.5million loan.

They are speaking to the Easdale brothers, James and Sandy, and Laxey Partners, the major shareholders, about the cash injection.

The development immediately led to fears that the SPFL League One leaders are in danger of going back into administration.

Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace, who is conducting a 120-day restructuring plan, has dismissed that.

And McCoist, who attended a board meeting in London on Thursday, has stated he is confident current club hierarchy are on the right track.

Fans have threatened to "disengage" with the club in the past by not buying season tickets or official merchandise.

But the manager has appealed to them to keep faith in Wallace and his fellow director.

McCoist said: "I can understand concerns. Who wouldn't have concerns after what has happened in the last two years?

"But at the same time I definitely think that Graham Wallace in particular and the board in general deserve an opportunity to see what they can come up with.

"Personally, I feel that I'm building a good relationship with a chief executive who has football experience and I firmly believe will do the best for the club.

"I'm in a better place in that respect. There's no doubt about that. The relationship between the chief exec and the manager is the most important at the club.

"I feel in a better place with the dialogue I have with Graham. I speak to him a couple of times a day and we meet two or three times a week.

"Hopefully in the coming weeks and months a brighter picture will be painted of the long-term future of the club."

McCoist added: "There hasn't been a push for season tickets yet, but I think there will be one or two things going on before then that will hopefully point the supporters in the right direction.

"For the supporters to buy 70,000 season tickets in the last two years is a staggering statistic. The importance of the season tickets is absolutely vital.

"In the coming weeks and months, when we do have the push for season tickets, we will be in a better place to indicate to the fans what the short, medium and long-term future will be."

McCoist was told the £1.5m loan is part of an overall business plan at the board meeting and was assured there was no prospect of administration happening.

He said: "It's nothing that wasn't planned. It's part of a business plan. The impression that was given to me was that too much has been made of it. It's nothing that wasn't on the agenda.

"It was told to me that there certainly won't be administration No.2. That is encouraging because a lot of people are asking the question and I totally understand that."

The Rangers Supporters Trust, however, does not share his ease with the current situation.

In a statement sent to members last night, the Trust said: "The Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly and Trust have contacted the CEO Graham Wallace to ask for clarification on the proposed loan by directors and/or selected shareholders."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you have never changed your mind about things then 1st? Is it impossible for someone to change their mind once availed of more facts?

That's simply not the case though

He knew fine well what he was doing then and knows what he's doing now too (tho his comments are right this time)

instead of the board deciding what we should be concerned with why don't they just get on with doing something, anything really?

If ST money is so important why are the board not doing everything in their power to promote dialogue safe guarding that money, instead of through Mr Irvine telling fans to basically shut up?

Very poor management and control of staff/consultants.

we might not be going into administration but do we have any cash other than this loan? Are we living hand to mouth each month?

right hand doesn't seem to know what the left is doing.

Time and again the board have been told words will not cut it only action, so far still waiting on any action good or bad.

whats your opinion Bawsburst do we have any cash (other than this loan) in the bank?

That's simply not the case though

He knew fine well what he was doing then and knows what he's doing now too (tho his comments are right this time)

Ally is backing the board, building relationships, getting on with business.

Tell you what though..... seeing as you can read his mind..... what's his pin number? I'm guessing he chose his date of birth, maybe 1690, 1972, 999999999?

Ally is backing the board, building relationships, getting on with business.

Tell you what though..... seeing as you can read his mind..... what's his pin number? I'm guessing he chose his date of birth, maybe 1690, 1972, 999999999?

You don't need to be a mind reader to know the next words to come out his mouth

He was happy giving away his voting rights to a pro req group 8 weeks ago who wanted the board out now they lost he's suddenly backing the board

You's can all point the finger at guys like me and huff and puff making excuses like he can change his mind all you's want - I know what he's like even if some of you can't face the fact that mr wonderful is clever and constantly looking out for himself, manipulative too (tu)

tell me Bawsburst if your unable or want to answer the question about cash in the bank can you answer any of these?

With hospitality at an all time low with previous FD stating it as a poor return for the club and a revenue that needs to be worked on as a matter of urgency, how many of our investors, directors or board members have bought hospitality for their companies?

How many companies owned by the same have taken out sponsorship at the club?

Do they only put in money if there is a financial cash return?

for 1st of Jan...

so what if Mccoist is like you say? you lauded Mr Green for having the exact same attributes telling us how wonderful it is to have someone like that at the club who's wants ,while not the same as ours, bring outcomes we both desire for the club?

If Mr Greens ability to look after no1 was a plus why not Mccoist's?

tell me Bawsburst if your unable or want to answer the question about cash in the bank can you answer any of these?

With hospitality at an all time low with previous FD stating it as a poor return for the club and a revenue that needs to be worked on as a matter of urgency, how many of our investors, directors or board members have bought hospitality for their companies?

How many companies owned by the same have taken out sponsorship at the club?

Do they only put in money if there is a financial cash return?

for 1st of Jan...

so what if Mccoist is like you say? you lauded Mr Green for having the exact same attributes telling us how wonderful it is to have someone like that at the club who's wants ,while not the same as ours, bring outcomes we both desire for the club?

If Mr Greens ability to look after no1 was a plus why not Mccoist's?

I've tried to get Match day hospitality 4 or 5 times. Sold-out all the time..

You don't need to be a mind reader to know the next words to come out his mouth

He was happy giving away his voting rights to a pro req group 8 weeks ago who wanted the board out now they lost he's suddenly backing the board

You's can all point the finger at guys like me and huff and puff making excuses like he can change his mind all you's want - I know what he's like even if some of you can't face the fact that mr wonderful is clever and constantly looking out for himself, manipulative too (tu)

I agree with you in part.

Ive said before on here that ally looks after ally.

Having said that,the people who backed the req's were asked after the agm to support the board and accept that pm and co. were no longer.

Seems like he's doing what the pro board people wanted.

"The Rangers Supporters Trust, however, does not share his ease with the current situation.

In a statement sent to members last night, the Trust said: "The Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly and Trust have contacted the CEO Graham Wallace to ask for clarification on the proposed loan by directors and/or selected shareholders."

Aye lets waste more of his time for your 1% share of the support to give you a detailed LSE style financial breakdown of our club.

I suspect even then that would not be enough, why not pipe down a wee bit?

I've tried to get Match day hospitality 4 or 5 times. Sold-out all the time..

What hospitality mate? overall its down 51% on previous years according to MR Stockbridge and his accounts

there is

the Chairmans club

thornton suite

club deck boxes

blackthorn lounge

members club

club europe

the argyle suite

symon lounge

sorry edit didn't read correctly. now see you say match day

Ally would be out of a job if he came out and said he didn't back the CEO and board, just remember he backed whyte, green and Mather. He needs to back whoever is in charge so he gets something to spend in the window. If and when GW time is p and if ally is still there he will back the next one. The point being is doesn't matter what ally did with his shareholder vote he was only looking out for himself as can be seen from when he said that he would do whatever to keep his and his staffs jobs. But also some folk bang on about stuff Stockbridge said but then the next time say he can't be trusted with what he was saying, why believe something that suits your agenda then not the next time. GW has stated the money invested by easedales and Laxey us going to his big plan for the club.

I understand where '1st jan....' Is coming from here and ally is very skilled at aligning himself with the more attractive proposition at any given time whilst playing the media and ultimately the fans at times with his comments!

That said the optimist in me is hoping this is genuine and that ally has seen the work Wallace is doing and is happy now to back the work of the board now they have their feet under the table!

If ally looked at the questionnaire he must be aware that he is about to be presented by a landslide of opinion wanting much better football and complete overhaul of youth.

I am sure I do no have to join the dots for him.

why would ally get the blame for the state of the youth academy! ha what a pile of pish!

the board are in charge of the youth academy so if you are saying ally should be sacked for the state of it should the board be? bet i can guess your answer

one rule for the board and another for ally.

I understand where '1st jan....' Is coming from here and ally is very skilled at aligning himself with the more attractive proposition at any given time whilst playing the media and ultimately the fans at times with his comments!

That said the optimist in me is hoping this is genuine and that ally has seen the work Wallace is doing and is happy now to back the work of the board now they have their feet under the table!

as i said to 1st jan those same attributes where deemed a bonus in CG why not in Ally?

as i said to 1st jan those same attributes where deemed a bonus in CG why not in Ally?

Because ally paints himself as first and foremost a fan doing his dream job. It's expected that businessmen will embellish things and change their stance to suit financial gain....you would hope someone like ally would be genuine when it came to something like this and not just looking after his own interests! As I say, I am optimistic he is in this situation!

I don't think he is accused of anything many see it rather more clearly than accusation.

:lol:

Aye, they know the inner workings of the devious brain of Ally McCoist and his attempts to do what exactly? Get us to buy season tickets? What is he trying to manipulate us into doing?

:lol:

Aye, they know the inner workings of the devious brain of Ally McCoist and his attempts to do what exactly? Get us to buy season tickets? What is he trying to manipulate us into doing?

Perhaps if Alistair would have had the courage to cast his own vote at the AGM rather than give a story that he hadn't yet made up his mind, then contradict himself by later claiming he had a long standing agreement with the EK supporters club, his leanings wouldn't be open to question.

Perhaps if Alistair would have had the courage to cast his own vote at the AGM rather than give a story that he hadn't yet made up his mind, then contradict himself by later claiming he had a long standing agreement with the EK supporters club, his leanings wouldn't be open to question.

this from a man who is too scared to answer any questions on his position!

ha what a crock of shit

Again, what exactly is he trying to manipulate us into doing? Because I didn't ask anything about his vote at the AGM. You're the one who said that many saw it much more clearly than accusation, so be clear, what is it Ally McCoist is trying to do?