Worried for the future.

RangersFanBase

Going to be completely honest in this thread and if that gains me even more hate then so be it.

I firmly believe that the squad we have right now, isn't even good enough for the Scottish Championship, nevermind the Scottish Premiership, but I also believe that we are in absolutely no position to be able to change the squad in any way/shape or form. This squad needs strengthened, and it was shown today, oddly against a team we managed to put eight past earlier in the season, but judging by what's going on off the field, I don't think we have any means of actually getting better players in.

When we first went down to the 3rd division, I thought it'd be a chance for Rangers to ship out a fresh young 11, straight through from Auchenhowie, and play youngsters consistently from the 3rd division, all the way back to the Premiership, by the time we got back to the Premiership, the youngsters would be experienced players with over 100 games of experience. It's now to late for that, and that opportunity to completely change how Rangers operated is lost.

It's also more worrying for the not so distant future that the team actually seems to struggle more at Ibrox, than they do at away games. Ibrox is supposed to be a fortress that teams fear coming to because they'd be in for a pumping. Both times we've dropped points in the league have now been at Ibrox. That doesn't make the prospect of a Quarter Final against Albion Rovers at Ibrox very comforting, I also believe it actually means we could once again be annihilated at Ibrox by Scottish Premiership opposition, should we reach the semi-finals and be drawn against an SP team. (Remember Inverness?)

Ally McCoist:

I truly believe Ally McCoist doesn't have it in him to change a game when shit is hitting the fan. Today's game against Stenhousemuir, Ally McCoist, just stood there and looked on in what actually looked like amazement that a team had came to Ibrox and were outplaying us, he didn't change any tactics, he didn't even make any substitutes until I believe the 85th minute?

People might say: "Oh but we are unbeaten in the league", true. But we're playing in a league where we should be unbeaten anyway, no matter who the manager is, we're a full time team with players on ridiculous wages, that should be mincing anyone who is put in front of us, and then there's other people who say "We can't judge Ally until we're back in the premiership

- We've already seen a glimpse of him in the Premiership, before the whole administration thing - We had an 11 point lead at the top of the Scottish Premier League, and McCoist blew it.

When you start thinking about things properly, it really doesn't make the fact that we're 2 seasons away from the Scottish Premiership very comforting, at this rate I think we'd go into the Premier league and be pumped, week in week out, maybe not against teams like Ross County or Partick Thistle, but certainly against the rest of the opposition.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quick response to this, without going over old ground is the squad we have should be more than good enough for the championship.....the way they are being set out and the performances they are producing are something the manager must address.....

(tu)

Either that or we need to get someone in who can address it, which would be my preference. (tu)

Going to be completely honest in this thread and if that gains me even more hate then so be it.

I firmly believe that the squad we have right now, isn't even good enough for the Scottish Championship, nevermind the Scottish Premiership, but I also believe that we are in absolutely no position to be able to change the squad in any way/shape or form. This squad needs strengthened, and it was shown today, oddly against a team we managed to put eight past earlier in the season, but judging by what's going on off the field, I don't think we have any means of actually getting better players in.

When we first went down to the 3rd division, I thought it'd be a chance for Rangers to ship out a fresh young 11, straight through from Auchenhowie, and play youngsters consistently from the 3rd division, all the way back to the Premiership, by the time we got back to the Premiership, the youngsters would be experienced players with over 100 games of experience. It's now to late for that, and that opportunity to completely change how Rangers operated is lost.

It's also more worrying for the not so distant future that the team actually seems to struggle more at Ibrox, than they do at away games. Ibrox is supposed to be a fortress that teams fear coming to because they'd be in for a pumping. Both times we've dropped points in the league have now been at Ibrox. That doesn't make the prospect of a Quarter Final against Albion Rovers at Ibrox very comforting, I also believe it actually means we could once again be annihilated at Ibrox by Scottish Premiership opposition, should we reach the semi-finals and be drawn against an SP team. (Remember Inverness?)

Ally McCoist:

I truly believe Ally McCoist doesn't have it in him to change a game when shit is hitting the fan. Today's game against Stenhousemuir, Ally McCoist, just stood there and looked on in what actually looked like amazement that a team had came to Ibrox and were outplaying us, he didn't change any tactics, he didn't even make any substitutes until I believe the 85th minute?

People might say: "Oh but we are unbeaten in the league", true. But we're playing in a league where we should be unbeaten anyway, no matter who the manager is, we're a full time team with players on ridiculous wages, that should be mincing anyone who is put in front of us, and then there's other people who say "We can't judge Ally until we're back in the premiership

- We've already seen a glimpse of him in the Premiership, before the whole administration thing - We had an 11 point lead at the top of the Scottish Premier League, and McCoist blew it.

When you start thinking about things properly, it really doesn't make the fact that we're 2 seasons away from the Scottish Premiership very comforting, at this rate I think we'd go into the Premier league and be pumped, week in week out, maybe not against teams like Ross County or Partick Thistle, but certainly against the rest of the opposition.

Good post

However player for player the squad is more than good enough it's the management and his coaches, tactics and methods that are absolutely woeful

It's alarming and the occasional 4-0 hammering of some of the worst teams in the world shouldn't fool anyone

We've came back and won games from losing positions plenty of times - including, by the way, against Celtic. This 'Ally can't change a game' shit doesn't appear to be based in reality.

I heard the same bollocks being aimed at Smith despite all the times we pulled a result out the bag when we were under pressure.

We've came back and won games from losing positions plenty of times - including, by the way, against Celtic. This 'Ally can't change a game' shit doesn't appear to be based in reality.

I heard the same bollocks being aimed at Smith despite all the times we pulled a result out the bag when we were under pressure.

Right on que fan boy

The squad we have is more than good enough to win the championship, or indeed qualify for Europe in the SPFL.

If it isn't good enough then you would have to ask why we have a wage bill 15x higher than most of the Championship.

That level of reality is depressing

The squad we have is more than good enough to win the championship, or indeed qualify for Europe in the SPFL.

If it isn't good enough then you would have to ask why we have a wage bill 15x higher than most of the Championship.

We have a wage bill higher than every Scottish Premiership team, except from Celtic, and the only reason is it so high was to attract "quality" players like Foster, Stevie Smith, Cribari, Argyriou etc to Rangers, being honest though players like Templeton etc would never of come to Rangers if we'd offered them the wages suited to the league's we were in.

Hence why we should of taken our opportunity to use Youth. We'd of been able to pay them buttons.

Stopped reading after the retarded first line. What you meant to say is " I firmly believe that the squad we have right now isn't good enough to win every single game in the championship because that's all mongos like me expect"

The squad quite clearly is good enough for the championship and top 6 premier league. But that's not good enough for the glory hunters who need to see us win every single game and every single trophy because that's all you've ever known. Those days are gone and it will be a long, long time before they come back if they ever do. That's how it is. Deal with it or walk away.

Just how do you tell the difference between the clatty can supporters and Ally haters on RM?

I know there are some Rangers supporters on here with more faces than Mr. Rushmore. And there are some Rangers supporters who recognise what's going on.

The rest? I really can't tell.

Stopped reading after the retarded first line. What you meant to say is " I firmly believe that the squad we have right now isn't good enough to win every single game in the championship because that's all mongos like me expect"

The squad quite clearly is good enough for the championship and top 6 premier league. But that's not good enough for the glory hunters who need to see us win every single game and every single trophy because that's all you've ever known. Those days are gone and it will be a long, long time before they come back if they ever do. That's how it is. Deal with it or walk away.

Someone rolled out of the wrong side of bed this morning! But no, no way is that squad we have top 6 in the premier league quality. Only a daft man would think so. You're forgetting that even in the past, when we weren't winning trophies, expectations at Rangers were still high, and that is something that will never be "gone". Expectations will always remain high at Glasgow Rangers, and frankly we're proud of that.

I may of been naive to say the team aren't good enough for the Championship, but then again that's due to bad management and not actually the players themselves, although I hardly think Cribari, Foster, Smith, Argyriou etc could cut it in the Championship.

But top 6 in the premier league? :000000082: