Worried for the future.

RangersFanBase

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team of players we have is performing well below their potential.

I have to see this as a failure of the management team.

Even with this we can beat lower league teams.

Even this we can win the league. And probably again next year.

We may even win the cup with a bit of luck - the draw and other results has helped us.

So with a string of leagues, unbeaten runs and maybe even a cup, I just can't see how this proves much.

Because the team is performing well below it's potential, and to compete agains teams in the top division, we will need to spend huge sums on top players so we can scrape through with them playing average.

I think your attitude has been nothing short of despicable throughout this thread, I mean....FOR FUCK SAKE.....the fact that someone is to be allowed to have a different opinion to that of my own is nothing short of criminal, especially from a moderator. I know I'm not alone when I say...GOGZY SHOULD RESIGN AS MOD.

You have had a season to prove yourself, and frankly, your a pish, clueless fud who knows nothing about running a forum. I understand you're a forum legend, but that should not be an excuse for your recent atrocities. Hang your head in shame you miserable oaf.

:000000082:

The thing I like most about this place is that you're allowed to say that.

I cannot decide whether we have "a good squad" or a squad "good enough" that will win the league next year. Diehards aside, I think it is factual to say that the majority of fans on this site, which I believe to be an accurate reflection of the support in general, are pretty pissed off at the standard of our play, lack of cutting edge / guile, inability to close games out and general lack of style.

I believe we will struggle next year and the notion of " automatic " promotion is unrealistic. It is also factual that we have a huge wage bill, players and management / coaching staff, that is disgusting considering where we are at the moment.

Have we missed a golden opportunity to use our youthful players more effectively and for them to gain experience? YES

Have we bought some players, home grown and foreign, that earn high wages but bring little to the team? YES

If we replaced the manager / coaching staff in order to gain promotion next year would the fans accept this? YES

All things being equal, we should stroll this league with a degree of style and power that the other teams in general should not be able to match and that includes us having the occasional blip, but, instead we have too many games where the standard expected is not there and we look very ordinary, cumbersome and predictable.

The fanbase appears to becoming more polarised with each passing week, I refer to the playing side only and not the financial merry go round lurking in the background.

Unhappy fans should be free to critisise the present situation, which includes wanting a change of management, because it is their right as ticket paying supporters. Those other fans, happy to accept the current situation equally have that same right.

Sadly, I have never seen our club, or any club in a comparable situation, so divided and showing our soft underbelly to the ever increasing band of cretins trying to stamp us out, for good.

The best way to steady the ship and present a united front is to play the Rangers way, a blend of power, style and finesse that unites the support. Until we have that, the bickering and infighting delights our enemies.

If, a change of management achieves that" Rangers way" and subsequently a united support then it should not be seen as a radical, disloyal or unusual step but as a positive move for the betterment of our Club. We should not be afraid of change nor should we allow ourselves to be caught up in an emotional lovefest with any individual(s)

I cannot decide whether we have "a good squad" or a squad "good enough" that will win the league next year. Diehards aside, I think it is factual to say that the majority of fans on this site, which I believe to be an accurate reflection of the support in general, are pretty pissed off at the standard of our play, lack of cutting edge / guile, inability to close games out and general lack of style.

I believe we will struggle next year and the notion of " automatic " promotion is unrealistic. It is also factual that we have a huge wage bill, players and management / coaching staff, that is disgusting considering where we are at the moment.

Have we missed a golden opportunity to use our youthful players more effectively and for them to gain experience? YES

Have we bought some players, home grown and foreign, that earn high wages but bring little to the team? YES

If we replaced the manager / coaching staff in order to gain promotion next year would the fans accept this? YES

All things being equal, we should stroll this league with a degree of style and power that the other teams in general should not be able to match and that includes us having the occasional blip, but, instead we have too many games where the standard expected is not there and we look very ordinary, cumbersome and predictable.

The fanbase appears to becoming more polarised with each passing week, I refer to the playing side only and not the financial merry go round lurking in the background.

Unhappy fans should be free to critisise the present situation, which includes wanting a change of management, because it is their right as ticket paying supporters. Those other fans, happy to accept the current situation equally have that same right.

Sadly, I have never seen our club, or any club in a comparable situation, so divided and showing our soft underbelly to the ever increasing band of cretins trying to stamp us out, for good.

The best way to steady the ship and present a united front is to play the Rangers way, a blend of power, style and finesse that unites the support. Until we have that, the bickering and infighting delights our enemies.

If, a change of management achieves that" Rangers way" and subsequently a united support then it should not be seen as a radical, disloyal or unusual step but as a positive move for the betterment of our Club. We should not be afraid of change nor should we allow ourselves to be caught up in an emotional lovefest with any individual(s)

We will walk the league next season, and despite your misgivings now, you will choose not to be impressed by that.

The fact that you believe we are scraping it through this league tells me that.

some games can finish a player . For me Saturday finished jig at CH. Time to put him out to pasture.

He should only ever have been playing at CH as a temporary stand in for emergencies where injuries and/or suspensions left us without 2 proper central defenders. The fact that he was moved back there and and continued to get a start as a central defender for us at the age of 35 when he isn't even a central defender is probably the single biggest mistake which Ally has made as a manager.

League is all but won. Why not try Mohsni/Faure or even Mohsni/Luca in central defence.

Could either pairing be as bad as Cribari/Jig??

This is why our manager is actually damaging our club long term. Only a fool cannot see the folly in his ways.

He has had an absolute luxury in the standard of opposition he is up against so on paper his results look great. But we all know the main reason we are winning is sown to fitness and simply having better, professional, full time players.

Stenny took 3 goals of us at home. This is a PT team without a manager. There lone striker ran Jig and Cribari ragged and Jig should have walked for a terrible tackle.

But why the fuck can our manager not just come out and say, 'im giving youth a chance to try and build for the future so I ask the fans for thier support and patience'. His calls would be answered.

We are bout to go into this championship still persevering with Ally's mate at CH. His wee favourite Forster at RB who again was abysmal when he came on.

How is this not damaging us long term? Do you think there will be any money to improve our defense? WS played Danny Wilson at CH against the tarriers and he was immense. If the boy hadnt went to Liverpool he would have made it with us.

Now from what I hear the boy Luca has great potential. Wtf has Ally got to lose here and what has he got to gain?

Albion Rovers recently beat Stenhousmuir, who just took 3 of us. It's not impossible that we could blow this QF, I would rather it wasnt at Ibrox.

Very realistic post, agree with all. I thought when we went down to 3rd division we had the perfect. Hanse to use our multimillion pound facilities and build something, a strong backbone of even 5/6 players that would get us back to the top flight and then perhaps a bit quality to get us back to e very top. As mentioned, that chance has now gone and we have boys like Cribari, Faure, Foster, Peralta etc that are make no mistake about it, stealing a wage. We MUST have young boys that can do just as good, if not a lot better than the players that weave brought in from abroad etc. As a player and a man i love Ally McCoist, as Rangers manager I'm very, very concered by the lack of progress.

This is why our manager is actually damaging our club long term. Only a fool cannot see the folly in his ways.

That's the way to join a discussion! Start your post with anyone that disagrees with me is a fool. Nice one. (tu)

We will walk the league next season, and despite your misgivings now, you will choose not to be impressed by that.

The fact that you believe we are scraping it through this league tells me that.

I do choose to be impressed by your Madam Zeldaesque insights into my thoughts, but seriously, we are strolling this league, obviously, but our lack of style, guile and consistency, most of all consistency should concern all of us. As for "walking the league next season", I do have misgivings but I dont think I am alone in that.