Worried for the future.

RangersFanBase

You think we'll be doing 3-4 in row in a couple of years? Competing in the champions league group stages and beyond in a couple of years? You're dreaming.

i didn't say a couple of years, 5\6 maybe, the way you put it makes it sound like we wont win the SPFL again in most of our lifetimes, just 2 decades ago we had Super Ally and Attila firing us to within a bawhair of the CL final, not going to take 20/30 years to get at least CL groups ffs.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could be doing that in the second year of being back in the Premiership if proper investment is put into Rangers, we could of even been doing that if youth had been used all the way to the premiership, Rangers has a 6 star (the maximum rating) youth program, only one other club in Scotland has that. So our youth, with 100 games of experience under their belts could of been challenging in europe within two years of being at the top.

I agree with you regarding use of the young ones. I think it was everybody's hope that we would build from the ground up and bring through our own. But it's also a bit of a paradox. You expect us to who week in week out but wanted us to use 17-19 year olds. It's one or the other I'm afraid.

We could be doing that in the second year of being back in the Premiership if proper investment is put into Rangers, we could of even been doing that if youth had been used all the way to the premiership, Rangers has a 6 star (the maximum rating) youth program, only one other club in Scotland has that. So our youth, with 100 games of experience under their belts could of been challenging in europe within two years of being at the top.

Investment aside (that's the great unknown variable) this is fantasy land.

i didn't say a couple of years, 5\6 maybe, the way you put it makes it sound like we wont win the SPFL again in most of our lifetimes, just 2 decades ago we had Super Ally and Attila firing us to within a bawhair of the CL final, not going to take 20/30 years to get at least CL groups ffs.

I didn't say we wouldn't win anything. In my op I said Back to where we should be. Which is doing 3 or 4 in a row and competing with the biggest teams in the world. That will not happen anytime soon.

Player for player there isnt a better one in the championship. Its how we gel as a team that is most concerning. The signing mentality of mccoist is abit like mark hughes. Pretty much a scattergun approach without actually getting players that can compliment each other's game.

We totally disjointed and unorganised in the majority of matches. Theres been games even winning 3-0 when ive thought 'how the hell have we managed to do that?'. The board is in a lose lose situation. Relieve the management of their duties and face a back lash from the blind faithful or stick with mccoist and have to spunk millions to win the premier or be careful with money and get a good pumping from hibs and ict ect.

The management team just dont get enough from the squad when butcher and mccall get alot more with less

I didn't say we wouldn't win anything. In my op I said Back to where we should be. Which is doing 3 or 4 in a row and competing with the biggest teams in the world. That will not happen anytime soon.

Agreed it wont be anytime soon but with the right manager and proper investment in scouting, youth ect it shouldn't be too distant either.

It is woeful. Or it was today anyway. Although 14 goals conceded in 25 is not the worst. I think what we can definitely say is Cribari and Foster are terrible.

Believe at times today our defense just literally fell apart. Stenhousemuir made our defenders look like the part-timers at points during the game.

John Daly was utter dross today.

We shite ourselves when teams run at us.

Everyone back at corners.

...and someone should fucking tell Ian Black to stop trying to hit the scoreboard in the Copeland.

To be honest, at times Ian Black was out best player today, and that's saying something!

I share the OPs concern. Players and the Manager talking earlier in the week about not being complacent and that there is a hunger to get the title won quickly. A load of pish. A more complacent, slow paced, clueless, incompetent performance was served up. Charles Green rightly said last season that it was the worst Rangers team in living memory (or something like that). Well it hasn't improved. The few better recent performances were not the norm. This pish today was more like the norm. Same as last season. Taking Supporters for granted - serve up the encouraging talk during the week - all smiles and jokes on the training ground - and utter crap at Ibrox on Saturday. More of this and it will not be money that chases fans away - it will be self inflicted damage caused by spineless shite performances like today from players who are more posers than players of any notable quality. We have be so so weakened and on current evidence of lack of serious money (any money really if loans are needed just for working capital) and utterly bereft of any consistently inspiring promise on the field. That side today playing they way they did would not even get to middle of the league in the Championship by the end of next season. I'll be filling in my consultation form now and sending it back to Wallace.

I know you're capable of talking some sense so why not tell us why you disagree rather than coming out with this?

I wasn't make a point of disagreement - I'm pointing out that the board is fucking hoaching and that some Rangers supporters are pathetically unable to voice an opinion without sounding just like the clatties.

Because people are concerned about our football future?

If they are then constructive words might indicate that - it wont include abuse, idiocy and the pish-ripping we see liberally peppered throughout this thread.

And if this 'concern' is genuine - where are your challenges to those indulging in the abuse, idiocy and the rest?

Well - forget the idiots. They really can't help it.

Yesterday we were struggling and McCoist was preparing to make a change. At that point we scored the third and kept the players on the bench then swapped Little and Templeton. This was a mistake.

As for next season we need two CBs, a RB , two wingers, a striker and a new manager. We need to shift a load of deadwood as well.