Worried for the future.

RangersFanBase

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I blame the players. This league shouldn't require ally to be a good manager (he's not but that's besides the point), these players are of a level where it shouldn't matter if we put cammy bell up front and Ian black in goal. They should still be able to stroll these games without breaking a sweat

Similarly the 3-2 recently against Arbroath

Remind me what changes he made?

See to be honest the fact you've admitted we've struggled in these two games anyway is alarming and says more about our management and tactics in the first place than the eventual outcome

Prevention better than cure always

I'm sorry but our management is embarrassing the way we go about games

I didn't literally mean he's never changed a game and we've won of course that's happened before but more often than not when the chips are down nothing happens and he looks clueless

You or Gogzy or anyone can disagree but I know I'm right based on what I see

That's the beauty of football everyone sees things differently

To be honest I blame the players. This league shouldn't require ally to be a good manager (he's not but that's besides the point), these players are of a level where it shouldn't matter if we put cammy bell up front and Ian black in goal. They should still be able to stroll these games without breaking a sweat

I don't think it's quite as easy as you're making out. Most of the guys in this league were once premiership players and would/do give most SPL teams a game. Just look at the cup results of recent years. Upsets do happen once in a while. You can't expect to be watching tiki- taka football against this level of opposition, they make it very difficult for teams to play and are on the whole very well organised.

See to be honest the fact you've admitted we've struggled in these two games anyway is alarming and says more about our management and tactics in the first place than the eventual outcome

I didn't literally mean he's never changed a game and we've won of course that's happened before but more often than not when the chips are down nothing happens and he looks clueless

Firstly, you said he couldn't make changes, I have given you three examples. Secondly, I said that you would mosh that we shouldn't have to make changes because we shouldn't be in that position, I was right.

Thirdly, you won't get that many examples, because we are not normally behind.

Finally, you can't blame him for us being 1-0 down to Arbroath and not credit him for it finishing 5-1, that would just make you look blinkered and unreasonable. More often than not the chips are not down.

Edit: apologies missed your question at the start, it was really the introduction of Templeton that had the major impact.

Our management team hasn't really changed since our 2008 europa campaign, the only one of note is Mccoist taking over from Sir Walter.

IMO no because we dropped two points

It was still a change that made a positive improvement. The defeat was because our defenders were rank. Also, your above post says it doesn't matter if he changes things anyway, as we shouldn't be struggling in the first place so either way you will be unhappy. How can we have a discussion on his ability to change things if you are going to revert to 'shouldn't happen in the first place'? It becomes a pointless topic to discuss. Essentially you are saying you are right or if you are not right it's not really a relevant topic and we should have been discussing something else anyway.

The 4-2 game against Celtic.

Nothing was changed

We were only behind because of a McGregor error and we came back to win it

That's not changing anything that's just outplaying a team over 90 minutes

Those two Celtic games that season were McCoists best 90 mins in the dug out - he got the tactics and team selections spot on

Firstly, you said he couldn't make changes, I have given you three examples. Secondly, I said that you would mosh that we shouldn't have to make changes because we shouldn't be in that position, I was right.

Thirdly, you won't get that many examples, because we are not normally behind.

Finally, you can't blame him for us being 1-0 down to Arbroath and not credit him for it finishing 5-1, that would just make you look blinkered and unreasonable. More often than not the chips are not down.

Edit: apologies missed your question at the start, it was really the introduction of Templeton that had the major impact.

You never gave me 3 good examples you gave me only 1 that holds any water (Brechin)

And yes I can refuse to give credit for being down against Arbroath and still winning that's the very least we should expect

I love the way some of you go on on here like beating Arbroath is a massive thing

It must be done but is no achievement

It was still a change that made a positive improvement. The defeat was because our defenders were rank. Also, your above post says it doesn't matter if he changes things anyway, as we shouldn't be struggling in the first place so either way you will be unhappy. How can we have a discussion on his ability to change things if you are going to revert to 'shouldn't happen in the first place'? It becomes a pointless topic to discuss. Essentially you are saying you are right or if you are not right it's not really a relevant topic and we should have been discussing something else anyway.

Your only fooling yourself talking like that saying things about improvements when it came to scraping a 3-3 draw at home to Stenhousemuir

If you re read what you've wrote and take stock it's actually worrying and says more about our team and management than anything

People seem to be mistaking the players pushing on to win games themselves, for Ally McCoist making changes. Most of the time McCoist doesn't change much about the game, at all. It's mostly due to the players finding it within themselves to overcome what's in front of them and turn a game around.

You never gave me 3 good examples you gave me only 1 that holds any water (Brechin)

And yes I can refuse to give credit for being down against Arbroath and still winning that's the very least we should expect

I love the way some of you go on on here like beating Arbroath is a massive thing

I'm not doing that, I am saying he has changed games.

Tell you what 53 minutes, 1-0 down, 54 minutes sub, 57 minutes equaliser and by 90 minutes we have won 5-1, just deal with it he changed the game. It isn't amazing, he brought on our most creative and direct player, it is the most obvious change to make, but he did do it and it did work. It was the same in the recent one as well.

Don't change the argument just because you were obviously wrong at the start, you just look desperate.

People seem to be mistaking the players pushing on to win games themselves, for Ally McCoist making changes. Most of the time McCoist doesn't change much about the game, at all. It's mostly due to the players finding it within themselves to overcome what's in front of them and turn a game around.

Cool, I'm glad you don't blame him when those same players are failing to win, or do you?

With Walter being a much superior manager in every sense of the word who could pull this style off

Ally learned everything he knows about management from Walter.

Walter recommended Ally for the job himself, why would he do this if Ally is as tactically inept as you claim he is?

Essentially we that support McCoist are in the same position as McCoist in that we can't win. Any win is expected, any change should not have been necessary in the first place for him. Any argument we make will become irrelevant if it's proven or the discussion will drift to a different criticism.

Your only fooling yourself talking like that saying things about improvements when it came to scraping a 3-3 draw at home to Stenhousemuir

If you re read what you've wrote and take stock it's actually worrying and says more about our team and management than anything

I think your expectations are unrealistic.

Cool, I'm glad you don't blame him when those same players are failing to win, or do you?

I still blame him - Yesterday's game was a game that could of been changed if he'd made changes earlier. Granted he was forced into one substitution, but he still had two substitutes left and didn't make a change until the 85th minute, he could of taken Cribari off earlier and put one of the youngsters who'd been performing outstandingly at youth level in instead, and it'd of made a change to the defensive part of our game, and perhaps we'd of not let Stenny through, he could of changed a striker earlier as well, after he seen those on the pitch were not able to produce goals.

I'm not doing that, I am saying he has changed games.

Tell you what 53 minutes, 1-0 down, 54 minutes sub, 57 minutes equaliser and by 90 minutes we have won 5-1, just deal with it he changed the game. It isn't amazing, he brought on our most creative and direct player, it is the most obvious change to make, but he did do it and it did work. It was the same in the recent one as well.

Don't change the argument just because you were obviously wrong at the start, you just look desperate.

But I'm not wrong

You've only gave me one example which was Brechin

Your struggling, not me.

I think your expectations are unrealistic.

They are? Wow ok

For what it's worth a couple of you are easy pleased but if that's your comfort zone and your happy then fine

But I'm comfortable and happy expecting a lot more given our players, wage bill and resources (tu)

I still blame him - Yesterday's game was a game that could of been changed if he'd made changes earlier. Granted he was forced into one substitution, but he still had two substitutes left and didn't make a change until the 85th minute, he could of taken Cribari off earlier and put one of the youngsters who'd been performing outstandingly at youth level in instead, and it'd of made a change to the defensive part of our game, and perhaps we'd of not let Stenny through, he could of changed a striker earlier as well, after he seen those on the pitch were not able to produce goals.

So, to clarify, when we lose it is his fault, but if we turn it around it is to the players' credit?