my opinion

kplfishtank

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to remember the mods give up their time unpaid to keep this place running.

The mod bashing going on here is uncalled for.

KPL gave his opinion as himself and not as a mod. We have all posted in rage, bad mood or after a few shandies.

Now having said that, it is a bit disrespectful for any poster to fire personal abuse at the manager.

Folk can say anything they like about his ability but abusing him personally is just giving ammo to the dark side.

Enough people doing it and we could see it in the media.

Likewise for the folk responding with abuse.

i have my opinion of our manager and his backroom staff, that will not change however as i seem to have upset some members of the site i will refrain from using the words that i used to describe him on the other thread.

have a good night RM

So, a site moderator is erm going to act more moderately

I don't think it's unusual that a site member calls the manager a 'prick', after all we all probably think it from time to time. What I am surprised about is that it was a MOD that called him it. Clearly, not qualified to moderate anyone if he can't moderate his own language.

football fans using harsh language shocker :dry:

Could argue as a site moderator as someone who helps run the site he can say what he wants

I agree. I still can't get over the outrage caused by calling the manager a name that is used on a daily basis. The thread BP started last year was because some of the names Ally was being called were truly disgusting and bang out of order but to call someone a "prick" is hardly the end of the world.

As I said in previous posts I'm not condoning calling anyone currently connected with our club names but if this has truly really upset people that much that they're calling for a mod, who gets paid nothing and keeps this site going (so we don't have to resort to FF), to resign then I truly, truly wish I had your problems.

People really need to get a grip.

I agree. I still can't get over the outrage caused by calling the manager a name that is used on a daily basis. The thread BP started last year was because some of the names Ally was being called were truly disgusting and bang out of order but to call someone a "prick" is hardly the end of the world.

As I said in previous posts I'm not condoning calling anyone currently connected with our club names but if this has truly really upset people that much that they're calling for a mod, who gets paid nothing and keeps this site going (so we don't have to resort to FF), to resign then I truly, truly wish I had your problems.

People really need to get a grip.

Very well said

Unsure why people are getting so worked up about the Fishtank calling Ally a bad name. I am not in the Ally oot mob but they are allowed to get annoyed and to my knowledge Fishtank has been a consistently fair mod. This is the first time he has said this on the forum, he has not been a one for consistent abuse of Ally and we are supposed to be grown ups; so if we are grown ups we should be able to allow someone to lose the rag at least once. Tell him to shut up or something, but asking for him to step down as a mod it too far for me.

So it's ok for him to describe posters as "cunt" dickhead" twat"?

Genuine question, by the way.

no it isnt. he was however responding to someone calling our manager a prick.

Anyway just leave out the abuse mate two wrongs dont make a right.