Barrie Mc Kay another thread on what the manager ditched

dalton

I'm actually with you on this

How many of the players we've loaned out in the past have came back and made any impact - I count two Adam and McGregor

That's literally two from hundreds

They leave or get loaned out for a reason rather than retained

That's what happens when you starve a young player of football during their most important years.

You can ask whose went on to better things, but it's a moot point as Rangers are often guilty of ruining them before that point.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually with you on this

How many of the players we've loaned out in the past have came back and made any impact - I count two Adam and McGregor

That's literally two from hundreds

They leave or get loaned out for a reason rather than retained

Agred!

Barry McKay has done fuck all at Morton, he's had one decent game since he's joined and that was the game he scored his only goal. He obviously has the ability but has the wrong attitude, he drifts in & out of games as if he can't arsed.

He was dropped yesterday for the game against Alloa.

I would kind of feel the same if I got dropped for fucking Peralta.

• 1 month later...

4 goals and 17 assists he got last season, I personally prefer him over Aird.

I dunno. He had a great run at the start of about 8 or 9 games, then second half of the season he was dire. Hasn't seemed to picked up either since going on loan.

I think he was able to capitalise on the fact teams tried to play against us to start with, before reverting to all behind the ball. Once they started those tactics, he had nothing to offer.

Those who say he is overrated, who would you rather, a talented 19 year old or a 25 year old shitty RB who wants to leave playing for us?

Would McKay be playing at RB coz I don't think he would be any good there.

McKay is just another who had the chance but somehow thought he had made it and decided to piss it up against the wall, McKay is a prime example of the Nandos Generation and highlights many things that is wrong with the youth at Rangers and prob the Scottish game.

And a previous post said "I've seen him at games watching him, chomping on a bag of chips, eating crisps and drinking soft drinks." and if you look at his Twitter it is full of loads of shit like this inbetween tweeting about Nandos, he will go nowhere in the game and is a waste of a wage.

Having kept an eye on Rangers report who are updating us on McAusland and McKays progress it seems while Barrie has struggled at Morton he has been a bit part player for a team who are getting hammered week in week out at the bottom of the Championship and who's team moral and player happiness is at rock bottom. Its not surprising Barries not shone as G.Morton have major problems and are just going through the motions before the inevitable relegation.

McKay is just another who had the chance but somehow thought he had made it and decided to piss it up against the wall, McKay is a prime example of the Nandos Generation and highlights many things that is wrong with the youth at Rangers and prob the Scottish game.

What's he actually done wrong? I've not seen anything like him missing training (ala Holliday Daz) or having problems getting on with management (John Fleck) or any of that stuff. His questionable choice of driving music for his mates is the only thing I've heard that i don't like.

And a previous post said "I've seen him at games watching him, chomping on a bag of chips, eating crisps and drinking soft drinks." and if you look at his Twitter it is full of loads of shit like this inbetween tweeting about Nandos, he will go nowhere in the game and is a waste of a wage.

That's poor management then, they should be setting him straight.

I didn't say he could, it's quite evident we have had a RB playing RM for us a few times this season and that's the fucking position McKay plays.

He's no RM as his crossing is woeful. If anything he is a second striker on an attacking central mid. Both positions we don't play as Rangers and he isn't good enough for us to set up to play around him.

FFS! The kid is overrated and not anywhere as good as people on here, or the kid himself, thinks he is. Hence why he has been on the Morton bench for a few weeks, a team that have 19 points all season.

He scores 1 goal and all of a sudden McCoist is an idiot for letting him go....

He's no RM as his crossing is woeful. If anything he is a second striker on an attacking central mid. Both positions we don't play as Rangers and he isn't good enough for us to set up to play around him.

He seemed to play RM most of the time last season did he not? we do play with wingers

Fuck sake thank fuck the Ranger's management don't take their advice from these forums, if we played half of these players that get spouted on here week in and week out and they had a run of bad games or if the team as a whole got beat the same posters on here hailing them as the best thing since sliced bread would be berating them and wanting the management team getting sacked because we lost a game and would be raising the questions why the fuck is Ally playing these players they're not good enough blah blah blah.