Barrie Mc Kay another thread on what the manager ditched

dalton

Frankly the only proper player to come out the youth system in the last two years is Lewis McLeod.

Crawford, Aird, Hegarty, Perry, McKay et al are simply not (nor look likely) to be good enough in 18months time.

Who on earth is Lewis McLeod? Never heard of him, heard of Lewis MacLeod though :pipe: disagree with you about Aird and Crawford I think they will come good, your also missing Gallagher out.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seemed to play RM most of the time last season did he not? we do play with wingers

Played a lot of last season at LW I seem to remember. He's another in the long list of forwards that ends up being played on the wing.

Cant we just give young players a chance Supporters and management alike? We call for youth then slate them at every chance. Fact is if you want a youth oriented team you have to give them a couple of years to see what they can do, none of the players have had this yet Macleod apart but even he has been so unlucky with injury and now this viral condition affecting his heart. If you don't want a youth orientated team then what are you complaining about? Your getting what you want right now, either way there has to be give and take and some want to criticize no matter what.

He is still a young player so time is on his side. He has not done much so far for Morton and is now a sub it is unlikely he would do much at the moment for us. Give him another year to see if he develops. Aird is showing that he has the character to play for us. He does not hide and if he keeps working on his game will do well with us

So hows getting pumped out on loan to a shower of shite like Morton going to help him?

He would have been better just staying where he was ie starting a game now and again and coming off the bench for us.

Unless McCoist has sent him there to open his eyes and to show him how lucky he is playing with Rangers?

So hows getting pumped out on loan to a shower of shite like Morton going to help him?

He would have been better just staying where he was ie starting a game now and again and coming off the bench for us.

Unless McCoist has sent him there to open his eyes and to show him how lucky he is playing with Rangers?

Hopefully as i don't think playing for Morton has done much for McKays football progression

What a lot of shite. Barry McKay was not a good player for us. Had one maybe two good games. He is as bad as the rest of the youth we have in the current 1st team squad, with McLeod the only exception. He would still get in the squad if we were still in the Spl with the squads we had then.

I didn't say he could, it's quite evident we have had a RB playing RM for us a few times this season and that's the fucking position McKay plays.

Foster isn't keeping MCkay out of the Rangers team... Barrie is. He has to take the next step up, nobody can do it for him.

Foster isn't keeping MCkay out of the Rangers team... Barrie is. He has to take the next step up, nobody can do it for him.

I think he was meaning Peralta not Foster as the RB. McKay could do worse than look at Fraser Aird, whatever you think of his ability (I think he's dedcent at his age) he seems to have the right attitude on and off the pitch. Its not always those with the natural talent who make the transition into the first team you need a bit more than that to make the step up.

Frankly the only proper player to come out the youth system in the last two years is Lewis McLeod.

Crawford, Aird, Hegarty, Perry, McKay et al are simply not (nor look likely) to be good enough in 18months time.

Disagree with you on Aird. He's a bag of energy and can finish which isn't a bad couple of traits to hold for a midfielder/winger.

Played a lot of last season at LW I seem to remember. He's another in the long list of forwards that ends up being played on the wing.

He actually played well while he was been played on the LW. The problems arose (dip in form) when he was punted to the RW for the second part of the season. Another master stroke by our management team.

I think he was meaning Peralta not Foster as the RB. McKay could do worse than look at Fraser Aird, whatever you think of his ability (I think he's dedcent at his age) he seems to have the right attitude on and off the pitch. Its not always those with the natural talent who make the transition into the first team you need a bit more than that to make the step up.

I do like Aird, but I think Mckay showed particularly whilst playing on the LW that he has far more to offer to the team. He was one of our better players last season although he did suffer from a dip in form towards the end of the season.

McKay is a good prospect, even next season we should look to loan him out - and as many other youth as we can - but to SPL teams so they have experience at that level when we go up. We blew the chance of youth development the last 2 seasons, this would at least allow us to salvage something by getting them playing against better opposition than they would get when they are sparingly played against next season.

I do like Aird, but I think Mckay showed particularly whilst playing on the LW that he has far more to offer to the team. He was one of our better players last season although he did suffer from a dip in form towards the end of the season.

My point was about attitude rather than ability. Fraser seems to have applied himself better on and off the field. If Barrie had the same attitude (reports suggest he lacks a little in that department) as Fraser appears to have then he may be in the same position and pushing for a regular first team spot. I think he has the ability but does he have the application necessary?

And most of the rest of his time in Greenock he's been pish. Perhaps that's Allys fault as well??

Don't think I've mentioned Ally? The loan move was a good idea, mentally he wasn't at the same level of development as Macleod, Aird and Crawford. Regular football will do that for him.

Hopefully he comes back next season fresh and ready to make an impact.