• DBBTB

• Straight-Edge-Loyal

• the goal machine

• Creampuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

watch out for this baby at wrestlemania and raw lol    

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST! 

Tonight one of my best friends in wrestling for the last decade wrestles at wrestlemania. Fucking mental.

Posted Images

On 10/04/2018 at 10:46, DBBTB said:

Apparently the initial plan for next years Mania is for Rousey Charlotte to main event and close the show.

Called that after Lesnar’s win at Mania. Can see them going all out to push the women next year in that sense.

Not a big fan of Charlotte to be honest, not sure what it is, probably the rehash of Ric Flair’s shtick but then why wouldn’t she just do that.

2 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Meltzer gave two Gargano/Ciampa and the ladder match 5 stars. Can't imagine there being many shows with two 5 star matches.

That ladder match was fucking phenomenal.

I would say it was the best match of the entire weekend followed the Black vs Almas match imo. 

48 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think the Ciampa match was better than the ladder match.

The storytelling was absolutely incredible.

Many people saying this, but the fact there’s different opinions only further shows how ridiculous Meltzer’s ratings are.

We all take them for gospel, but it’s one man’s opinion rather than a defined checklist that’s made the star rankings what they are.

Most of the stuff released by his organisation is just hear-say as well. I like him, but his ratings cause too much of a stir.

46 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Many people saying this, but the fact there’s different opinions only further shows how ridiculous Meltzer’s ratings are.

We all take them for gospel, but it’s one man’s opinion rather than a defined checklist that’s made the star rankings what they are.

Most of the stuff released by his organisation is just hear-say as well. I like him, but his ratings cause too much of a stir.

There’s so many guys who write on the business now that I think his scoops aren’t what they once were but I think what he says on bell to bell stuff is still quite influential.

In terms of guys who go around the radio/podcast loop talking about shows and then business he’s still one of my favourites to listen to.

30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There’s so many guys who write on the business now that I think his scoops aren’t what they once were but I think what he says on bell to bell stuff is still quite influential.

In terms of guys who go around the radio/podcast loop talking about shows and then business he’s still one of my favourites to listen to.

I really like him, but with the rise of social media, his influence has grown far beyond even what I’d bet he ever imagined it would be.

Watched the Andre the Giant doc on HBO. Didn't enjoy it as much as the 30 for 30 on Ric Flair. Felt the Andre one was just a remake of the earlier documentary "Larger than life".

Felt pretty sorry for Andre, even the most simple of things would've been a struggle for him. They mention in the show that he couldn't use airplane toilets and had to relieve himself in a bucket behind a curtain :lol:. Imagine how much recognition Andre would have in this day and age lol.

1 hour ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Watched the Andre the Giant doc on HBO. Didn't enjoy it as much as the 30 for 30 on Ric Flair. Felt the Andre one was just a remake of the earlier documentary "Larger than life".

Felt pretty sorry for Andre, even the most simple of things would've been a struggle for him. They mention in the show that he couldn't use airplane toilets and had to relieve himself in a bucket behind a curtain :lol:. Imagine how much recognition Andre would have in this day and age lol.

Andre would have been the biggest star in entertainment no doubt about it there wouldn't be anyone close.

Sonnybear1972 likes this
31 minutes ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Aye no doubt he got the best recognotion of that era but imagine the opportunities he would have today lol. 

He would have been Rock levels of superstar plus Kobye Byrant Michael Jordan and Tom Cruise in one guy in terms of popularity.

Sonnybear1972 likes this
9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why would he have been more famous today than he was back in the day?

I don't mean more famous, I mean with the internet and social media. Chances are he would've been a big movie star surpassing what he achieved with the princess bride. Basically just wondering what he could've achieved in todays enviroment

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Why would he have been more famous today than he was back in the day?

Social media and the internet as well as the attraction he was would expose him to people with no love of wrestling.

Look at it this way Ronnie Pickering got some measure of fame and he isn't the only no body to get well known from the internet if Andre used it well he would have been an icon.