Expert tells Rangers support they are right to be afraid over £1.5m loan By Joh

Bothwellbear

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

£1.5 million in football terms is nothing. Don't know why people are getting so worked up about it. Just leave them to it, I'm sure they'll have a longer term plan and it will all even out over time.

Adding £40 or £50 onto season tickets next season alone would make this sum back. Everyone calm down and let them get on with it.

Im not scaremongering pal, THE 1.5MILL IS NOW DEBT now we raked in 22mill from a share issue

and it would seem that our operating costs have seen this money run dry.

Now im not a rocket scientist but if our running costs are that steep how long before huge investment or future loans are required

to keep paying the players wages?

Why don't you ask your pal, he seems to be in the loop.:)

When I left Scotland Rangers were running riot with the likes of Laudrup et al resplendent in a parma violet 3rd strip, We were head and shoulders above anything in Scotland and that team would destroy any current Scottish premiership side.

Thankfully I missed out on the turmoil of 2 years past and I feel for the ones who have been put through the metaphorical ringer but returning to Scotland older and greyer and to discover the on-going shambles that has enveloped our club is mind boggling.

£1.5 million in football terms is nothing. Don't know why people are getting so worked up about it. Just leave them to it, I'm sure they'll have a longer term plan and it will all even out over time.

Adding £40 or £50 onto season tickets next season alone would make this sum back. Everyone calm down and let them get on with it.

Should be back to full price for the ST next season, of course we will probably have folk moaning about that as well.

He's got one helluva of a lot of convincing to do before he gets 35,000 ST renewals at that increase.

Don't you think?

So the fans are continuing to bail out the mistakes of the past rather than invest in the future?

Im not scaremongering pal, THE 1.5MILL IS NOW DEBT now we raked in 22mill from a share issue

and it would seem that our operating costs have seen this money run dry.

Now im not a rocket scientist but if our running costs are that steep how long before huge investment or future loans are required

to keep paying the players wages?

you are scaremongering, the very nature of scaremongering is to spread alarming news, you made a claim that admin 2 was imminent and this came from a reliable source, that is scaremongering which ever way you look at it.

now it's very obvious we are running low on money but to use this as a reason to justify rumours on admin 2 is poor form in my opinion

also the 1.5 million is not debt, it's a credit facility, it doesn't become debt until we use it, i.e. if you have a credit card with a £5000 limit it doesn't mean you're £5000 in debt, it only becomes a debt when you use the credit

Admin will not happen because that would be a disaster for Easdales, Laxey etc hence this short term loan.

My concern though is why these groups have their claws in rangers? What is their motivation. Are they prepared to invest in a first team squad that will challenge for all competitions? Frankly, I don't think they give a shit about that - only themselves.

Well season ticket money is for next year, but if, as the poster suggests, we raise prices to repay the loan, that obviously means it is not available to spend to improve things next year.

very true, this situation is far from ideal, am just hoping that increases in sponsorship merchandise etc are sufficient to make the required improvements for next season

very true, this situation is far from ideal, am just hoping that increases in sponsorship merchandise etc are sufficient to make the required improvements for next season

Oh yeah the commercial world out there is fighting over each other to get in there first. We'll be fighting them off!

Well season ticket money is for next year, but if, as the poster suggests, we raise prices to repay the loan, that obviously means it is not available to spend to improve things next year.

Well it's been that way for decades, and how do you know the ST money will be used specifically for that. What if the credit is there to cover the future sponsorship and retail money that is due in.

If I want to improve my business I have to go to the bank to get credit to do said improvements, this is on the assumption that it will increase my revenue and so pay for itself in the long run.

Also what if we don't use all the credit and actually use some of the 1.5 to clear that credit.

Oh yeah the commercial world out there is fighting over each other to get in there first. We'll be fighting them off!

yeah because sponsorship deals won't increase in value as we go up through the leagues, we'll be on exactly the same money when we're back in the top as we were in division 3

you are scaremongering, the very nature of scaremongering is to spread alarming news, you made a claim that admin 2 was imminent and this came from a reliable source, that is scaremongering which ever way you look at it.

now it's very obvious we are running low on money but to use this as a reason to justify rumours on admin 2 is poor form in my opinion

also the 1.5 million is not debt, it's a credit facility, it doesn't become debt until we use it, i.e. if you have a credit card with a £5000 limit it doesn't mean you're £5000 in debt, it only becomes a debt when you use the credit

well thats alright then the 1.5mill is just back up, i dont see the big deal in having if we dont intend to use it?

Im trusting your not that naieve to believe we wont be using it?

On another note were you a Rangers man that 4yrs ago when rumours surfaced about admin that you always thought

it wont happen to us? I know i was, i now know after the last 2yrs that nothing is impossible, this is not scaremongering

this is me been open minded and practical.

well thats alright then the 1.5mill is just back up, i dont see the big deal in having if we dont intend to use it?

Im trusting your not that naieve to believe we wont be using it?

On another note were you a Rangers man that 4yrs ago when rumours surfaced about admin that you always thought

it wont happen to us? I know i was, i now know after the last 2yrs that nothing is impossible, this is not scaremongering

this is me been open minded and practical.

I do think we will use it, how much of it we use will be interesting though

yes I have been a Rangers man since the 80's and I can fully understand why people want questions answered about our finances, however the Craig Whyte situation was very unique and I firmly believe that the same thing is not currently happening at Ibrox today

I do think we will use it, how much of it we use will be interesting though

yes I have been a Rangers man since the 80's and I can fully understand why people want questions answered about our finances, however the Craig Whyte situation was very unique and I firmly believe that the same thing is not currently happening at Ibrox today

I hope your right and things settle down with a realistic buisness plan with investment that secures

a exciting future which sees us back on top where we belong.

WATP

What worries me was 10 days ago my mate who is a retired bank manager told me from a reliable source

that administration was imminent?

To be honest i didnt ask him about it cos the thought filled me with dread.

Then 5 days later the story of the loan surfaces, this tells me that the 1.5 mill injected was a must or admin2 was

a reallistic option.

Why has it been allowed to get to this state again, we are Rangers, we deserved to be run like the great institution

us fans believe us to be.

Lord Tyre dislikes this post.

There seems to be a few links on this allan mcleods's twitter page to articles and blogs re Rangers fan ownership.

Surely he's not affiliated with one of the supporters groups?

There seems to be a few links on this allan mcleods's twitter page to articles and blogs re Rangers fan ownership.

Surely he's not affiliated with one of the supporters groups?

There is an Allan McLeod on the Rangers Unite website

Surely the impartial "If I was a Rangers fan" Mr Allan McLeod in the article who appears to be in favour of fan ownership is not the same person responsible for product development with Rangers Unite???

There is an Allan McLeod on the Rangers Unite website

Surely the impartial "If I was a Rangers fan" Mr Allan McLeod in the article who appears to be in favour of fan ownership is not the same person responsible for product development with Rangers Unite???

You ended yer huff with this forum finally then?