Expert tells Rangers support they are right to be afraid over £1.5m loan By Joh

Bothwellbear

A judge today threw out Ahmad's claim to ringfence £620,000 because he couldn't see any immediate insolvency issue with Rangers.

The ST money will bring in approx £8 to £10m on current prices. Maybe slightly more if they do go up.

Sponsorship money will also come in as will money from the SPFL. And with promotion to the Championship will come higher commercial revenues also.

Operating costs appear to have been reduced greatly. A fact alluded to by Wallace due to the half yearly results being near publishing.

This may be a one off or it may not. I for one am not getting hysterical over this bridging loan provided Wallace shows that the overall costs of the club are coming down to manageable levels for the coming years.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin will not happen because that would be a disaster for Easdales, Laxey etc hence this short term loan.

My concern though is why these groups have their claws in rangers? What is their motivation. Are they prepared to invest in a first team squad that will challenge for all competitions? Frankly, I don't think they give a shit about that - only themselves.

Imo they'll hope to steer us through to Spl, debt-free and then try and sell us.

while there is hedge fund or unknown business men around ibrox i look at it as the vultures ready to pounce..they are there to make as much money out of us as poss.

As long as we are a PLC and as long as people "refuse to give the spivs money" These guys will be here. It really is that simple.

they need bought out or they will go nowhere.

Well it's been that way for decades, and how do you know the ST money will be used specifically for that. What if the credit is there to cover the future sponsorship and retail money that is due in.

If I want to improve my business I have to go to the bank to get credit to do said improvements, this is on the assumption that it will increase my revenue and so pay for itself in the long run.

Also what if we don't use all the credit and actually use some of the 1.5 to clear that credit.

It may have been that way for decades but that is not the way we should be running things. If we don't have the cash we shouldn't be spending it, not robbing future income streams to pay for current expenditure. That is what got us where we are.

Your analogy of a business getting credit for a bank doesn't work. A better one would be:

I recently shafted many creditors and went through administration to shake off any lingering shackles of doubt and now after a successful fund raising activity I've destroyed my share price and burned through the cash in the bank. I'm now going to the bank asking for more money on the strength of 'trust me'. I can imagine the banks response, which is probably why we've had to go to Laxley.

The solution to this is simple, operate within your means, demonstrate your success and come with a sound business plan which only needs top up funding, not wholesale management.

while there is hedge fund or unknown business men around ibrox i look at it as the vultures ready to pounce..they are there to make as much money out of us as poss.

They can only "pounce" if they have something to sell at a profit. They will not want to see a loss on thier investment and will only sell when they can make a profit. They are doing this to protect thier investment - us. A bridging loan will see us through until better revenues are coming in.

To be honest you can take any view but the bottom line is the club needed to more or less take a mortgage out to get money, in for a six month or so loan we will lose about 150.000 pounds and if we can't pay it we lose land, I don't mind blind faith but some people need to wake up, yes we won't be going into admin but people have taken that much out the club we now need to borrow, I was a big supporter of Green but him and the others have been paid what they deserved and then way much more.

He's got one helluva of a lot of convincing to do before he gets 35,000 ST renewals at that increase.

Don't you think?

Aye maybe so but let them try and convince. People making up all these non stories and trying to cause unrest. Don't do us any favours.

The fact that Rangers fans are jumping on it and believing all this shite makes it worse. Give the guys a chance to sort things out.

So the fans are continuing to bail out the mistakes of the past rather than invest in the future?

It's not really bailing out the mistakes of the past as such. It's £1.5 million ffs. We've got SPL quality players playing in League 1. We don't need to go out and spend millions to improve the team for next season.

Look at it like they've got these players in a year early and given them a chance to gel for the assault on the championship next season. It makes sense.

I actually think our playing budget and overall wages next year could be less than this year. As long as we get rid of all the dead wood and bring in a few better players that will improve the team.

If you consider the pay offs to players last year and also the managers salary being cut and probably cuts right across the board then £1.5 is feck all.

Calm down, support the team and let the guys get on with what they're doing.

It is.

Thank god we are only paying 15 per cent.

We are paying 15% for a loan which last up to six months. This represents a minimum of 30% APR we are paying.

For a secured loan this is a ridiculous rate of interest.

To put it into perspective, if your credit rating is ok,you can get a personnel loan at around 5% APR. Even borrowing money on a credit card is cheaper at around 20%

We are paying 15% for a loan which last up to six months. This represents a minimum of 30% APR we are paying.

For a secured loan this is a ridiculous rate of interest.

To put it into perspective, if your credit rating is ok,you can get a personnel loan at around 5% APR. Even borrowing money on a credit card is cheaper at around 20%

IF your credit rating is OK is a hugely important part of your post.

i am guessing that our credit rating is NOT ok. we are a new company who in their first year posted losses of 14m

there will hardly be a line if banks offering us loans at 5%

as our credit rating increases, the funding will probably be offeres at a lower rate of interest.

The anti rangers rhetoric is in full flow! I see spiers is encouraging fans to boycott whilst Thomson and others are clambering to give their two cents! The sad fact is to many of our own fans are fuelling this and allowing these accusations, 'opinions' and the obvious agenda of some to cloud their own views!