Bobby Tait

hammer93

Following on from the refs performance on saturday an the calls the ref was biased against Rangers do

older bears remember Bobby Tait?

Now those who do remember bobby will know he is a Rangers man through and through, bobby was due

to retire at the end of the 1998 season, as we know this was our supposed 10inar season.

I met bobby at a sportsman dinner which he was speaking at and he told me he had asked for his last game

to Rangers at Ibrox, bobby got his wish and he was given our last home game of the season against killie.

Those who remember we lost the game 1-0 which all but ended 10inar, now what i do recollect about the

game was that we were poor that day and created very little but on one of the few occassions we did create

something it led to Laudrup going down in the box, with 10mins to play and the game 0-0 it was over to gers

daft bobby to point to the spot......play on was his call and the rest is history.

The point im getting at is if bobby had pointed to the spot he would of been chastised for the rest of his days

if the award then changed the course of history.

Bobby could retire with his integrity fully intact and enjoy going to support the Rangers from then on.

Do any of the older bears remember the game and the penalty shout?

Was this the one Ally Mitchell scored the winner for Killie in injury time?

He was my next door neighbour at the time. :dry:

I was just a kid, but I remember coming home from this one (and the one up at Pittodrie when Stephen Glass scored) totally heartbroken.

yes that was the game, coming from kilmarnock it was a sore one to take whilst drowning my sorrows.

Following on from the refs performance on saturday an the calls the ref was biased against Rangers do

older bears remember Bobby Tait?

Now those who do remember bobby will know he is a Rangers man through and through, bobby was due

to retire at the end of the 1998 season, as we know this was our supposed 10inar season.

I met bobby at a sportsman dinner which he was speaking at and he told me he had asked for his last game

to Rangers at Ibrox, bobby got his wish and he was given our last home game of the season against killie.

Those who remember we lost the game 1-0 which all but ended 10inar, now what i do recollect about the

game was that we were poor that day and created very little but on one of the few occassions we did create

something it led to Laudrup going down in the box, with 10mins to play and the game 0-0 it was over to gers

daft bobby to point to the spot......play on was his call and the rest is history.

The point im getting at is if bobby had pointed to the spot he would of been chastised for the rest of his days

if the award then changed the course of history.

Bobby could retire with his integrity fully intact and enjoy going to support the Rangers from then on.

Do any of the older bears remember the game and the penalty shout?

I remember it well and on the two occasions I've spoke to Bobby he sticks to the same story .We created nothing that day .It still astounds me that we never played everything into the box that day .I like Bobby and he is a bluenose but if I had a chance to change history in favour of Rangers I know what I would have done .

How many ra sellick supporting refs can tell a story like this? We all know refs are are biased in someway.

Either they are Rangers or Celtic fans.

You will get the odd St Mirren or Aberdeen fans etc......but most i would think support us or them.

Even if the ref supports another club outside us and them they can still be biased. They prove it must weeks aswell.