High Intensity, High Pressing, Entertaining Football?

scarkev

Before the start of the season we had a number of players and managment staff come out and tell us how Ally was wanting to play a high pressing, high intensity style of football that would enterain the fans, Nicky Law's interview stands out. Now the question I have is; was that just a lie to sell tickets or if that indeed was the aim, what has happened?

We started the season reasonably well but almost exactly like last year the performances have deterioated as the season has went on and many of our signings have regressed. What are we doing in training? What is our gameplan? What is our strategey? We have no identity on the pitch and our ball retention is abysmal! I dont think I have ever seen a professional team of our stature struggle as badly to keep possession!

I know some on here have a complete blindness and defense mechanisim towards the manager but without all the sob story excuses, he seems clueless when it comes to tactics and making changes to influence matches. I can already predict the responses that will come here from the same posters but we are playing in a part time league and the performances are off putting! Whether or not some of you want to accept it, football is an entertainment business and I am sorry but I am seriously struggling to see anything entertaining in the way we play.

We had a fantastic chance to use the feel good factor after the cup results to kick on but instead we have went backwards.....Its not good enough and something has to change because at this rate you can forget fans boycotting because of off field issues because they will leave in their droves if this is the football we are subjected to.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would bet on us winning the Championship next year based on our last two games?

Who is convinced we will beat Albion Rovers and Raith Rovers? We should, but..................?

Would this team beat Aberdeen? DU? St Johnston? ICT? Does not look like it for now.

We are struggling big time and Ally does not know his best team.

The players can't be fucked in league games now. It's a matter of just doing enough to get over the line.

If that is the case then they shouldn't be playing for Rangers. It's not about winning a semi-pro league, it's about making yourself an integral part of a team and club who are on a journey back to the top of Scottish football and in to Europe. Also, every player should be performing at their best to ensure they keep their places for the remaining cup games.

Who would bet on us winning the Championship next year based on our last two games?

Who is convinced we will beat Albion Rovers and Raith Rovers? We should, but..................?

Would this team beat Aberdeen? DU? St Johnston? ICT? Does not look like it for now.

We are struggling big time and Ally does not know his best team.

I would bet on us winning the Championship, beating Albion Rovers and Raith, what you offering?

The players can't be fucked in league games now. It's a matter of just doing enough to get over the line.

If that's the case (which it may be) then it's time to get the kids in who are passionate and have something to prove! The fact the same group of players know they will play, if fit, regardless of form can't be good for motivation.....if that is the case then the manager has to do something to get more out the players as they are cheating the fans!

Better to judge us when it actually matters now.

For all I care, we could play shite the rest of the league season but:

- Beat Albion Rovers

- Beat Raith Rovers

- Win SC semi

- Win SC final

For me, the performances haven't been good enough by any stretch and I'm not convinced that Ally should be our long term manager but i would suggest as long as we see progress next season, he should be allowed a chance to manage us in the premiership.

If that's the case (which it may be) then it's time to get the kids in who are passionate and have something to prove! The fact the same group of players know they will play, if fit, regardless of form can't be good for motivation.....if that is the case then the manager has to do something to get more out the players as they are cheating the fans!

Couldn't agree more but the fact is Ally is waiting to our games are non competitive until he introduces the youths.

Guys Like Jig,Mohsni,Black,Law,Daly are nailed onto play no matter their form or attitude..

Do you want a response?

I would like a valid response yes! Not the usual rhetoric about how great a guy ally is and how the illegal transfer embargo means he can't be judged etc!

I am fully aware based purely on results he is achieving his objectives but long term are we progressing? Is grinding our way through the divisions not just going to lead us back down the same route as before of overpaying trying to compete with Celtic with only short term aims?

Couldn't agree more but the fact is Ally is waiting to our games are non competitive until he introduces the youths.

Guys Like Jig,Mohsni,Black,Law,Daly are nailed onto play no matter their form or attitude..

Why though? Why wait? That's what I don't get! I don't think anybody can say with any certainty how young players will react to first team football but the one thing they almost always do is bring intensity and effort, something we are sorely lacking at the moment!

A lot of negative stuff around tonight. I am quite pleased. Tonight's results (plural) will ensure that tomorrow will be a decent day.

You may not realise it but that attitude is actually part of the problem! As long as we beat the Tims or they fuck up, many of our fans are happy! We need to look beyond that and focus on ourselves, where we are and how we can improve!