High Intensity, High Pressing, Entertaining Football?

scarkev

:lol: you never let me down.....I just wish william hill offered bets on you....so predictable! Clearly that thread has went over your head but achieved its goal of exposing those posters who are unable to engage in a positive discussion about our tactics or the manager!

This thread was 'positive' discussion? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would bet on us winning the Championship next year based on our last two games?

Who is convinced we will beat Albion Rovers and Raith Rovers? We should, but..................?

Would this team beat Aberdeen? DU? St Johnston? ICT? Does not look like it for now.

We are struggling big time and Ally does not know his best team.

I am for one confident we will win the league this and next season, I am confident we will beat Albion Rovers and Raith, I am not so confident that we can beat Aberdeen or DU or even Inverness at this stage.

This thread was 'positive' discussion? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I asked a question, some have offered their opinion on why our performances have been so poor whilst others have disagreed with the premise of the thread but accepted performances are poor.....then we have you and your ilk, constantly using sarcasm, attempts at humour or deflection to avoid entering into a discussion about a topic you know you will get tied on knots with! Quite sad really!

Couple of fair points made by the Op on our recent football displays but asked the following:

Now the question I have is; was that just a lie to sell tickets or if that indeed was the aim, what has happened?

I honestly don't think you would find many in the 36 thousand who bought season tickets was that some players and the management came out and said these things. Although the majority of the fans would love to hear and know that we have a football philosophy of high intensity, pressing high & entertaining football. IMO we've had too much going on for some time now causing distractions AGAIN! to the players and management, we are in the winter months were sadly in Scotland Samba style football is not seen very often. Has it been torture sitting/standing through some of these games recently? FK me Yes indeed, but we once again like the magnificent fans we are, we have. Lots of us have kids who we are struggling to take to the football because of this, but we do.

I agree with the Op though wholeheartedly that we must improve all over the pitch for in the coming weeks we are heading to a pretty crucial part of the season. We have some extremely fragile players coming into our team in terms of confidence and self belief and sadly ability. We will win this league in the coming weeks, win the Ramsdens, win our Quarter and Semi in the Scottish then we are all going to have a great next few months getting ourselves ready for the Beggardome. The feel good factor will return in the coming weeks, ours season is just about to take off and bheasts is over my message to them is, HEY YOU WE'RE HAVING A PARTY :7325: at their midden, Me I can't fkng wait :7325:for a Union Jack day at the Paedodome! :7325:

I asked a question, some have offered their opinion on why our performances have been so poor whilst others have disagreed with the premise of the thread but accepted performances are poor.....then we have you and your ilk, constantly using sarcasm, attempts at humour or deflection to avoid entering into a discussion about a topic you know you will get tied on knots with! Quite sad really!

I'm in knots of laughter at your 'positive' threads - where you 'only' ask the question, which is always negative!

Well here is a quaestion for you - lets say we had a new manager when we restarted at the bottom. That manager, from a standing start, would have rebuilt a squad, won back to back leagues (yes I know it aint won but even the anti-ally lot concede we will win it), had only lost one game this season, was in the final of one cup (albeit the Ramsdens) and sitting where we are in the Scottish cup. If he had done that under pressure of continual board room change and off field shit, plus had developed a few of our youth player to get regular games, - would you think that manger would deserve a support to take the club forward next season?

Me, I would be defending him to the hilt as having earnt his right to keep moving us forward? What's your stance ?

I'm in knots of laughter at your 'positive' threads - where you 'only' ask the question, which is always negative!

Well here is a quaestion for you - lets say we had a new manager when we restarted at the bottom. That manager, from a standing start, would have rebuilt a squad, won back to back leagues (yes I know it aint won but even the anti-ally lot concede we will win it), had only lost one game this season, was in the final of one cup (albeit the Ramsdens) and sitting where we are in the Scottish cup. If he had done that under pressure of continual board room change and off field shit, plus had developed a few of our youth player to get regular games, - would you think that manger would deserve a support to take the club forward next season?

Me, I would be defending him to the hilt as having earnt his right to keep moving us forward? What's your stance ?

When I say positive discussion, I mean worthwhile.....I'm sure you are aware if that but just wanted to get in another black and white remark about the pro/anti ally myth you continue to pedal! I am not anti ally....I am anti brutal football with little or no signs if progress.

In many ways the best thing to happen to us would have been for us to start from scratch with a new manager and build steadily through the divisions whilst developing the infrastructure instead if front loading our finances on players we didn't need! I look at Dunfermline who we have battered 3 times this season but take us out this league and they would be cruising it with a very young team and a very manageable budget. A few of their players may kick on and bet them a tidy profit but if they don't at least it won't cost them much to get rid.....who do we have that would bet us a profit at the moment?

In ally's own words he couldn't plan long term as he had to think about his own job and he was bringing in players for each individual division. Am I the only one that sees the danger in that? Ally is a great man and a great ambassador for our club but under his management we have done so many things wrong! Now you are right he had obstacles to overcome but I don't believe for a minute these signings were forced upon him or that he has had no say on how things are ran! We are overpaying for mediocracy whilst not getting the best out if our current players.....I'm sorry but that us the managers responsibility and could unintentionally really damage us in years to come!

When I say positive discussion, I mean worthwhile.....I'm sure you are aware if that but just wanted to get in another black and white remark about the pro/anti ally myth you continue to pedal! I am not anti ally....I am anti brutal football with little or no signs if progress.

In many ways the best thing to happen to us would have been for us to start from scratch with a new manager and build steadily through the divisions whilst developing the infrastructure instead if front loading our finances on players we didn't need! I look at Dunfermline who we have battered 3 times this season but take us out this league and they would be cruising it with a very young team and a very manageable budget. A few of their players may kick on and bet them a tidy profit but if they don't at least it won't cost them much to get rid.....who do we have that would bet us a profit at the moment?

In ally's own words he couldn't plan long term as he had to think about his own job and he was bringing in players for each individual division. Am I the only one that sees the danger in that? Ally is a great man and a great ambassador for our club but under his management we have done so many things wrong! Now you are right he had obstacles to overcome but I don't believe for a minute these signings were forced upon him or that he has had no say on how things are ran! We are overpaying for mediocracy whilst not getting the best out if our current players.....I'm sorry but that us the managers responsibility and could unintentionally really damage us in years to come!

With our budget and expectations would you REALY have gambled and went for a squad as 'good as' Dunfermline.?

Do Dunfermline have any expectation of getting out of the Championship next season?

Do Dunfermline have any realsitic expectations of decent cup runs?

Do Dunfermline have to win every week, despite the team they can put out? Are their fans as demanding as ours ?

Also while our budget is high in comparison to Dunfermline (the wisdom seems to be football side is running at £6M a year) is it the teams / Allys fault that we have no cash, or does the bulk of that particular problem lie elsewhere ? (If Ally had pared another couple of Mill of that budget would it have gone 'puff' as well?