Will Winning The Scottish Cup Change Your Mind

Bonus

Super Ally  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Ally to leave ?

• He should walk now
    • I think he should stay but if we fail to win the Scottish Cup he should walk
    • I think he should go now but i'd change my mind if we won the cup
    • If we win the cup he should still go
    • He deserves a go at the championship regardless off the cup

1. Strange reasoning, we won't dominate Scottish football with that attitude, winning is everything.

2. However many times you say it, operating in the Scottish league on a reduced budget will not make us winners, it will produce teams like Dundee United and Aberdeen.

Attitudes like yours are part of the problem unfortunatly! Everything is short term, everything is about beating Celtic!

Now winning at any cost is a good trait to have but our current team will not be able to grind out results playing like this in the top division, we would need to spend millions if we wish to keep with the same style of football and then we are right back where we started! Winning the Scottish cup may paper over they cracks for a while but all it does is give us short term enjoyment at the detriment of long term success!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the tims getting knocked out the SC we as fans had a spring in our step for a full week, probably the best week we have had in 2 years. Suddenly we have a realistic chance of not only winning the SC but getting it right up all our enemies sooner than expected.

The momentum now should carry onto performances and results, we should be hitting top form as the opportunity opens up before us, players and management have a chance to make a name for themselves.

But no we plod on one paced as we have done for the last 3 months, Stenhousemuir scoring 3 at Ibrox was a disgrace. Im not saying we should win the SC but with an Ibrox S/F we should fear no one and i would want us to make the final and at least give a good performance there. However i fear this is not going to happen.

I dont see any difference between the players of the SPL sides and our own and if this blows up in our face the management need to take the blame.

getting sick of the Ally bashing threads now, it's starting to be an hourly thing, we had a poster post a thread on our first game of last season against Peterhead and its just got steadily worse from there on. we won 0-2 away and we have about 5 threads getting stuck in to our manager, pretty sad stuff from Rangers fans. My opinion is Ally is a young manager, he is learning all the time, some of our play has been woeful to say the least but you can't blame the manager for the quality of player we have on the park, my advice to the get Ally oot brigade would be go and watch Rangers on You Tube for a couple of year then come back when the standard and level of football is better. Ally will be judged on results the same as every other manager in the world. If the posters who voted for Ally to go right now are serious imagine GW interviewing someone and hes asked "so you sacked McCoist despite being unbeaten,(only manager in Britain) and in the quarter final of the SC and the final of the Ramsdens, what is it you want me to do?" lol lol lol get a fuckin grip.

getting sick of the Ally bashing threads now, it's starting to be an hourly thing, we had a poster post a thread on our first game of last season against Peterhead and its just got steadily worse from there on. we won 0-2 away and we have about 5 threads getting stuck in to our manager, pretty sad stuff from Rangers fans. My opinion is Ally is a young manager, he is learning all the time, some of our play has been woeful to say the least but you can't blame the manager for the quality of player we have on the park, my advice to the get Ally oot brigade would be go and watch Rangers on You Tube for a couple of year then come back when the standard and level of football is better. Ally will be judged on results the same as every other manager in the world. If the posters who voted for Ally to go right now are serious imagine GW interviewing someone and hes asked "so you sacked McCoist despite being unbeaten,(only manager in Britain) and in the quarter final of the SC and the final of the Ramsdens, what is it you want me to do?" lol lol lol get a fuckin grip.

Great post,correct this is the level we are at,some need to deal in reality.After the restrictions and farce the guy has had to deal with ,he seems to be doing just fine.

The days of Jelavic etal are long gone,i agree some of the football on show has been poor to say the least,but i will support whoever is in charge,because thats what we need to do in this current climate.

For the last two seasons its been ugly to watch most of the time. I enjoy a cup run but every team in this league want to beat The Rangers my fear is if get Sheep, ICT, DU we could be ripped apart based on our current style and form, this does scare me. Looking at the weekends game the PT team on set pieces put everyone in our half as we had everyone in the box, we clear our lines and it comes straight back to into the box, better teams will rip us apart when he applies this so called tactic. Great legend but he needs to find his style of play currently I think our team is very negative/defensive in its approach even with all the attacking players we have in the team. It clear this comes down to how these players are being coached or maybe they are being spoiled to much. I am not saying Ally out, but what I am saying I am finding it difficult to understand his tactics or fail to see what he is trying to achieve. It very predictable how we play and we can all sit in the stand and tell who coming off and who will be coming on

As much as it breaks my heart I think he should go regardless. I've always been in the Ally camp but it's obvious from the lack of ANY excitement in the game that the players have little or no respect for the manager.

After Saturdays draw I thought that the players would have been out there firing on all cylinders trying to prove a point but unfortunately this wasn't the case.

I think we need new blood in the managerial shoes and hopefully we'll see better and more exciting football.

I know we've won most games and we're on route to get back where we belong but sadly I don't think Ally is the right person to take us there.

It saddens me to say it but that's how I see it.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Ally the manager and some of his tactical/signing decisions I do think that currently we're only playing in 3rd gear, with the Ramsden cup final and Scottish cup quarter final and potential semi and final it doesn't make sense to be going all out in the league when it is now a formality that we will win it, in recent months we have put in 2 good performances against Dunfermline beating them 4-0 both times who are easily the 2nd best team in the league so IMO we are only playing average against the likes of Stranraer due to only putting in a medium amount of effort, I think this is a deliberate tactic from the manager to keep the players fit for more important competitions but one that leaves us open to results like the recent one against Stenhousemuir.

To be honest though I would prefer Ally rotated his squad and give a run out to several of the younger players so we can see what they are capable of

Can I ask thoae who want to give him another chance next season, at what point would you change your mind?

Two or three defeats?

Not sitting top by October?

Not sitting top by Christmas?

Those of us who have had enough genuinely want to know how poor the performances need to be, how bad we have to get for you guys to say "ENOUGH"?

Even you diehards must have a breaking point - what is it?

Can I ask thoae who want to give him another chance next season, at what point would you change your mind?

Two or three defeats?

Not sitting top by October?

Not sitting top by Christmas?

Those of us who have had enough genuinely want to know how poor the performances need to be, how bad we have to get for you guys to say "ENOUGH"?

Even you diehards must have a breaking point - what is it?

although I wouldn't class myself a die hard McCoist fan I'll answer,

I would say your proposal of October would be fair, we will have payed most teams in the league by then and should be top with a small cushion, if we are not top and the performances haven't improved then that would be a good point to hand the reigns over and give a new manager a chance to rectify the situation.

As I fully expect us to win the Ramsden cup and at least make the semi final of the scottish cup then this could change dependant on results/performances in those games

Ally should go for the simple reason McCulloch remains in the team.

We are poor to watch a lot of the time, but we are winning. But there is no excuse at all for keeping McCulloch on the pitch. That alone tells me enough to know McCoist doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Regardless of how we do in the sc cup i think Ally should be given a chance at the championship. I mean we've pissed the lge again,unbeaten so far in the lge in the final of the ramsdens and a good chance of getting to the final of the sc cup.So there is no way he warrants the sack,if next season we are not top in say october and we've lost a few games then that's the time to have a look at Allys performances and the teams,and make any decisions then not now.

bye the way i think although Ally is a legend as a player he'll never be a great manager and that's a shame.

Put if he wins the cup id change my mind but tbh not the best choice as it depends how we win the cup. If we storm past Albion by 4-5-6 goals then outplay the sheep or whoever and are impressive then i would change my mind as it would look more like when we play the big teams we are up for it. But if its the same poor performances but somehow the spl newco teams are even worse that would assert that the spl is worse than i though but still i would have grave doubts about Ally.

I don't think how we do in the cup should matter much. I'm more interested in his approach this summer. If the dead wood stays and the flow of aging ex-players or "utility" players coming in continues, I would want him to go.

If we see more in the way of investment in youth and something approaching a footballing philosophy, based on changes to signing principles, coaching and scouting set-ups, I would be happy to let him carry on.