McCoist welcomes court move but Rangers must improve

Bothwellbear

McCoist welcomes court move but Rangers must improve

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has welcomed a court's decision not to grant former director Imran Ahmad an order ring-fencing £500,000 of the club's cash.

Ahmad quit his post as the club's commercial director last April after he was accused of posting anonymous online messages criticising McCoist and former chairman Walter Smith, but he went to the Court of Session in Edinburgh to claim he was due bonus money from his 10-month spell with the club.

His lawyers sought to freeze the cash, arguing that Rangers Football Club Ltd is trading insolvently and would be unable to pay if he won his claim, but Lord Tyre rejected the motion for arrestment after an opposed hearing.

But Rangers brushed off another round of off-field dramas to beat Stranraer last night, Lee Wallace and Jon Daly scoring in a 2-0 win.

Commenting after the victory, McCoist said: "The club were fighting that (case), so from our point of view it was a good result."

The victory came 36 hours after Rangers announced they had been forced to accept a £1.5million loan from football board chairman Sandy Easdale and investors Laxey Partners just to keep the Ibrox lights on.

But there was little spark in a flat performance at Stair Park.

Wallace combined with Nicky Law to fire home the first goal after just four minutes, while Daly slotted into an empty net after a mistake by Stranraer keeper David Mitchell right at the end.

But in between times Rangers were ugly and had keeper Cammy Bell to thank for a pair of fantastic saves to keep out a Daly miskick and Scott Robertson's drive.

The win maintains their 21-point lead at the top of League One and means they can clinch promotion back to the Championship with three more wins.

McCoist added: "I thought we were very professional without being anything other than that.

"We were solid enough. The goalkeeper had a couple of good saves. I'm disappointed in us in terms of getting forward. Jon was a little bit isolated. It was professional enough.

"It's a difficult place to come to, so another clean sheet and two goals means I'm fairly pleased.

We've been piss poor since the Christmas break. How Ally can be pleased with that result I'll never know. His tactics are what isolated Daly.

He said he was fairly pleased, to me that is a big difference, he was probably only pleased because we still won with a clean sheet not with anything else, as for the published article someone is clearly smarting after the Celtic result to put that dig in about us.

Am more annoyed about the 'just to keep the lights on' dig

"promotion back to the Championship..."

Eh?

Exactly! A lot of pish, And we slag our players for being inept. I wonder how some of these so called journalists hold down a job when they havn't a fuckin clue what they are writing about.

A typical post match Interview.

Interviewer: “Well Ally what did you think of that”?

McCoist: “The boys worked really hard I can’t ask any more of them”

Interviewer: “It was pretty uninspired stuff though, Ally”.

McCoist: “True, but the plastic pitch doesn’t do us any favours”

Interviewer: “er…it wasn't plastic Ally”.

McCoist: “Eh? er….ah aye so it was…er…the financial situation at the club isn’t helping the players”

Interviewer: “the players turned down a wage cut Ally, and Wallace has said no admin 2 is coming – so how does this affect the players?”

McCoist : “aye er.. ok, but these Stranraer boys are nearly SPL standard – there is no real difference”.

Interviewer: “Ally, Stranraer are 35 points of the top of league 1 –they have semi-pro status - they are NOT SPL standard”.

McCoist…er aye ok – but Big Jig says so too…anyway, er..,we are top of the league and have won most of our games this season.

Interviewer : ”Ally, I can beat the wife at keepy up…but I don’t put a full page advert in the paper about it”.

MCCoist: “Aye… but Its all Charles Greens fault – putting pressure on the players to win cups and stuff…”

Interviewer: “You mean Rangers are not supposed to win stuff?

McCoist: “but it was windy”

Interviewer: “Fuck sake, Ally”.