Blair spittal

plymouthranger

I'm surprised we managed to beat QP last season given that their entire team seem to have been standouts against us

I guess you missed the games where it could have gone either way and Aird scored from a distance? Robertson, by the way, was a standout.. People mentioned it on here as well.. Look at him now!! Martinez is supposedly looking at him!!! Remember the two boys from shity Hamilton? Where are they now? It IS possible to come from lower leagues or shity teams and get somewhere.. All you need is the right guiding and coaching (sometimes) !!

I guess you missed the games where it could have gone either way and Aird scored from a distance? Robertson, by the way, was a standout.. People mentioned it on here as well.. Look at him now!! Martinez is supposedly looking at him!!! Remember the two boys from shity Hamilton? Where are they now? It IS possible to come from lower leagues or shity teams and get somewhere.. All you need is the right guiding and coaching (sometimes) !!

I was at every game against Queen's Park last season, yes in one game they frustrated us and over the course of the matches there were players that looked like they had potential (Robertson's is obviously being realised as we speak) but I wouldn't say any player was truly a standout. I do recall one game where both players down the left impressed though, and that would have been Connolly and Robertson if I remember correctly. My comment wasn't meant to be taken overly serious but Robertson for example had we signed him where would he be right now? He wouldn't be displacing Wallace and therefore any ability he has would likely be well hidden.

Young queens park boy, was a standout against us and other sides last season. About to sign for Dundee United for pennies.

Yet another player we should of taken on, the likes of him and Robertson will end up fetching 1-2million easily

We already had him FFS :mad: Thanks to that fuckwit,Sinclair that was ANOTHER one that we allowed to leave too early. How the fuck can we have a decent youth set-up with that twat in control?

There's something just not right here. How can we play against these teams and not identify players but others can ?

You have to assume like juniors , or even amateurs , that reputation of opponents are always known , even before we play them - yet we still miss out .

There's something just not right here. How can we play against these teams and not identify players but others can ?

You have to assume like juniors , or even amateurs , that reputation of opponents are always known , even before we play them - yet we still miss out .

Because we don't have one single scout at our club! I don't know how many times I can say this. If we don't hire at least a single scout, we don't have the ability to ably pick up any players. We don't base our signings of players on how they played in games against us and nobody else.

We already had him FFS :mad: Thanks to that fuckwit,Sinclair that was ANOTHER one that we allowed to leave too early. How the fuck can we have a decent youth set-up with that twat in control?

Clearly the boy was so good he ended up at the only amateur club in the league.

Clearly the boy was so good he ended up at the only amateur club in the league.

There are many reasons why he could have ended up at QP. The point I was raising is that we already had that kid and he was let go too early by Sinclair.I've been in coaching/management for over 40 years at different levels and i know as well as anybody there is no sure thing with a youngster when they are teenagers, but to me Sinclair acts too hastily when assessing the possibilites of a kid.

I'm sure Elfideldo would back me up on this.

There are many reasons why he could have ended up at QP. The point I was raising is that we already had that kid and he was let go too early by Sinclair.I've been in coaching/management for over 40 years at different levels and i know as well as anybody there is no sure thing with a youngster when they are teenagers, but to me Sinclair acts too hastily when assessing the possibilites of a kid.

I'm sure Elfideldo would back me up on this.

It wouldn't be unfair to suggest that players at Rangers are held to different criteria that almost every other club.

I was at every game against Queen's Park last season, yes in one game they frustrated us and over the course of the matches there were players that looked like they had potential (Robertson's is obviously being realised as we speak) but I wouldn't say any player was truly a standout. I do recall one game where both players down the left impressed though, and that would have been Connolly and Robertson if I remember correctly. My comment wasn't meant to be taken overly serious but Robertson for example had we signed him where would he be right now? He wouldn't be displacing Wallace and therefore any ability he has would likely be well hidden.

The second game at Hampden their left side gave us a bit of trouble IIRC, the winger wanted to get the ball in the box all the time

All I'm saying is, that people shouldn't be writing off players in "poor amateur teams" as they might well have potential that can be realised.. We are seeing that with Robertson, who did stand out in my opinion.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...