Curtis Woodhouse - British Welterweight Champion

WadeWilson

The new British Welterweight Champion, Curtis Woodhouse was just on TalkSport...

He was asked if he had any regrets and his answer was stunning. He told a tale of how he regretted the fact that his "agents" had "mucked up" his move to "Glasgow Rangers."

He said he had gave his word and agreed terms and Dick Advocaat was waiting on him to turn up and sign... Then the agents smelt blood and wanted more money from the free-spending regime at the time.

Curtis ended the tale with "sadly, instead of being in the Champions League, I ended up back in Yorkshire."

Darren-Hamilton-v-Curtis--011.jpg

Quite an apt wee tale involving Rangers and a fighter since so many hard bastards are on here sparring with each other.

I seen him play a few years ago at Gravesend (now Ebbsfleet) he played I think for Kiddiminster Harriers, he had packed in football to go boxing and was back playing again, even then he was a total standout, I think it was Sheffield United he played for when we were trying to sign him.

He won that title then retired from boxing :lol:

Clearly you know nothing about the man or his career if you find that funny? His post fight interview explained it all but basically this was a guy who was laughed at when he said he wanted to be a boxer and he made a promise to his dad on his death bed that one day he would be the British champion and he fulfilled that promise....he also had a massive bet on himself so no need to carry on and the reality is that's his level anyway.

Fair play to the guy, was delighted for him in Saturday.

Clearly you know nothing about the man or his career if you find that funny? His post fight interview explained it all but basically this was a guy who was laughed at when he said he wanted to be a boxer and he made a promise to his dad on his death bed that one day he would be the British champion and he fulfilled that promise....he also had a massive bet on himself so no need to carry on and the reality is that's his level anyway.

Fair play to the guy, was delighted for him in Saturday.

Aw put yer tampon back in ffs.