Formula One 2014

Blue Atheist

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate when you see these celebs all over F1. In the garages when they don't give a fuck about the sport.

That Cubermatch prick says hes a huge F1 and motorsport fan, then had no idea who Grosjean was when asked to introduce his interview with Lee McKenzie.

Every track has one or two DRS points which is on a straight. If they open the wing on a straight it reduces drag and obviously creates more speed. Though it has to e on a straight as it doesn't offer the downforce required for fast cornering. As soon as the drivers break, the DRS closes.

Before all DRS straights there's a detection zone where you must be within one second of the car infront to enable your DRS for the straight. You can use it on any DRS zone in qualifying/practice. It's also disabled in the wet.

Interesting choice of words from Button during an interview on his 250th F1 race.

"I am 34 years old but I don't feel old," he said on Wednesday. "I look at pictures of me when I was 20 years old and I was an ugly bastard. I am not that much better, but I am better."

:lol:

Seb's car was quite shit today wasn't it? Ah well. :)

Hopefully another victory for Hamilton tomorrow. Rosberg may have bettered Lewis' qualifying lap but once Lewis gets past he should be able to make it stick and get the win. His consistency lap after lap will be too much for Rosberg.

Just got round to watching today's race. Absolutely superb. Can't mind the last one I enjoyed as much. Some terrific wheel-to-wheel racing and inter-team battles. Let it continue...

I watched the last 10 laps and it was the first time in years I've found f1 interesting. Might tune into some more this season. Although, at times I did wonder if there were actually any spectators there.

• 2 weeks later...

Maloldonado crashing in practice today. Guy is a mess.

Only has a drive because of the sponsors that back him and what ever team he is at.

Without that he wouldn't have got the seat at Lotus, they sadly need him more than he needs them :(

It's a shame "Team Enstone" have ended up like this.

Yeh you're right. At least Grosjean has matured a bit and even reached Q3 today. Maldonado is a danger on that track. Gutierrez was perhaps lucky to have escaped injury in Bahrain two weeks ago due to him.

The sponsor situation is unfortunate but that's racing isn't it...

Yeh you're right. At least Grosjean has matured a bit and even reached Q3 today. Maldonado is a danger on that track. Gutierrez was perhaps lucky to have escaped injury in Bahrain two weeks ago due to him.

The sponsor situation is unfortunate but that's racing isn't it...

There is something there deep down with Grosjean. Towards the end of last year he matured a lot and showed the potential but I think the lack of testing has hampered both him and Lotus overall.