New Batman Game By Rocksteady

Mor3los_1

Rocksteady Games may be revealing its next Batman game in the very near future.

Kotakureported that GameStop stores received a shipment of Batman banners this week showing the Arkham logo surrounded in flames. Such promotional materials often precede the release of a significant title. IGN verified the promotional materials with numerous GameStop stores. The story also mentions that a Dutch journalist suggested that he attended a Rocksteady press event held weeks ago, but is not allowed to publish any information from it until March.

ku-xlarge.jpg

A Next Gen Batman game by Rocksteady, would be amazing. Loved both Asylum and Arkham City however Origins disappointed me and the fact it wasn't created by Rocksteady could be seen quite clearly.

I just hope the Joker isnt it again. To go back into the past again would feel like they are just doing it to bring back Joker, i felt that was part of the reason for Origins.

(tu)

There is a massive back catalogue of characters who you could make a superb game with.

Joker is obviously Batman's most well known nemesis, but three games is more than enough. It's time for something new.

Even if it does end up ending Joker I'll get it anyway. I've enjoyed all three games massively to the point that they are one of my favourite ever series.

I'd live to see Rocksteady branch out into other superhero games too.

A screenshot of the villain Hush has been posted on the official Batman: Hush Facebook page with the caption: "Remember a little appearance by somebody in Arkham City? Well things may be abut to get more interesting next month..."

The Hush Facebook page is run by Warner Bros, the Arkham video game series' publisher, suggesting that the rumours of a new Batman game being announced soon may be true.

Sleuths at website VideoGamer.com discovered a listing for a game called Batman: Arkham Knight on the website of British retailer GAME. It appears that developer Rocksteady has indeed been working on a new Batman game, and it will launch later this year.

According to VideoGamer.com, the listing notes that Arkham Knight is the “explosive finale” to the revived Batman videogame series started by Rocksteady with 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum. Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn are confirmed villains that will appear in the game.

knight-610x292.jpg

The since-removed GAME listing. (Courtesy of VideoGamer.com)

Interestingly, the GAME listing also purportedly talks about “Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.” It seems that the Batmobile will be usable in addition to the normal exploration found in previous iterations in the series (such as the ability to “soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City”).

It was only days ago that word of a new Batman game started to leak via promotional items sent to game stores. It has long been rumored that Rocksteady was working on a next-gen Batman game, however, as WB Montreal took over Arkham duties with 2013's Batman: Arkham Origins, conceivably to give Rocksteady time to work on its new title.

The game is reportedly targeting PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We hope to have more information for you very soon.

Hush is my favourite villain outside Joker who can gtf for being over used in these games. Dissapointed they basically took a shit on Black Mask in the last game too.

Surprised it said "finale" aswell, overall it's been a very successfull series with still plenty of characters to explore IMO, kind of strange if they are to end it here.

• 2 weeks later...