McCoist: Don't bank on title next year

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right, how on earth can you expect to walk the championship title when you only have the second highest wage bill in the country?

Since when does high wage = good player.

Anyway, it's the same thing he's been saying the whole time, the papers are just running with it because he didn't want to get involved in the Wallace v King showdown. We could do with a couple of players, but there's plenty of talent out there cheap. We don't need to spend millions on proven championship or premiership players. We need to identify the problem areas (I'm assuming defence with Jig to soon be off, Foster being shite, Faure being played out of position). Then we need to look at the teams we've been playing, see who's consistently performed well against us. We might not have a scouting network, but if you can't spot talent when it's playing against, then something is wrong.

Also, he's clearly just playing it down. He's hardly going to come out and say "Aye, we're going to pump the lot of them next season, especially Hearts. We'll finish 20 points clear at least, get to the bookies".

I think Ally's tactics are bizarre and questionable sometimes, but I also think it's make or break for him as manager next season. He'll be facing much better competition in what will be the most competitive league in Scotland. However, some people seem to get a semi on at the chance to slag him off. Most of you have commented a good dozen times about how clueless you think he is, how repetitive do you need to be? It's all getting a bit boring now.

Could you tell me of any manager anywhere who asked for less money? Who didn't want to strengthen his squad?

Open your eyes and look to where we are and why we are here...

Look at our squad compared to everyone else around us....

His demands for more money are fucking pathetic right now, he's been backed and filled a squad with pish and now wants more money despite us already having the second biggest wage budget in the land.

If this was anyone other than McCoist he'd have been fucking chased!

Open your eyes and look to where we are and why we are here...

Look at our squad compared to everyone else around us....

His demands for more money are fucking pathetic right now, he's been backed and filled a squad with pish and now wants more money despite us already having the second biggest wage budget in the land.

If this was anyone other than McCoist he'd have been fucking chased!

So, no then?

Our team needs improvements in the long term, but in the short term i.e next season it's easily good enough to win the Scottish Championship with minimal additions.

This annoys me more than it should haha. We may well be fine for next season, but we don't want to fling a team together at the start of the Premiership, we ideally should have a season with a fully formed squad to see in which areas they excel and which areas need improved. To go and spend money just before we have a crack at the Premiership without the knowledge that the team can perform well together isn't ideal.

Ally dammed for fighting his corner - no surprise there then!

That's not fighting his corner, that is havering utter shite. I would honestly punt him on the back of this statement, the man is clueless and there is no chance things will get any better. This is the same man who consistently says we are doing well, what fucking team is he watching cause it's certainly not us.

The same people criticising Ally are the same posters that have a go at the players every week - Ally suggests 'strengthening' which to me means getting rid of some and bringing in others - and the same posters still have a go! Lol

No you can't name any, and where does he ask for money?

Can't name you want?

He wants more players so unless you know nothing about football that means more money....

Thank fuck the Rangers support I know are nothing like you, eyes glued shut with yer hands covering your ears.

The same people criticising Ally are the same posters that have a go at the players every week - Ally suggests 'strengthening' which to me means getting rid of some and bringing in others - and the same posters still have a go! Lol

Fucking right as well, players not performing regularly should be questioned, looking further beyond that the blame lies with the manager and his coaching staff. I tell you what, let's all just sit in a blue tinted bubble and pretend everything is fine. It's not and I along with every other disgruntled fan have the right to voice our concern.

Can't name you want?

He wants more players so unless you know nothing about football that means more money....

Thank fuck the Rangers support I know are nothing like you, eyes glued shut with yer hands covering your ears.

So you don't think we could improve on Cribari for less wages? Cool.

And seeing as you are struggling to keep up, the original question I asked was if you could name a manager who asked for his budget cut and didn't want to strengthen his squad.

“The Championship is a lot stronger than a lot of people think. The majority of the teams are full-time.”

:lol:

Oh well in that case..

That's horrible :lol:

So what's he been doing with this squad if he's shitting his pants at he prospect of playing full time teams?

The mans having a laugh now, as Scarkev says he's trying to revamp the squad season by season while spunking money down the pan. He can't be allowed to take us to the premiership, he's going to set us back years sadly.

I was one of the ones wanting ally to succeed and back him but I have lost all hope now. A few times we have been 3 or 4 nil up this season and he brings on has beens when they were golden opportunities for the young players. We need a new manager ASAP that is not solely reliant on the spend spend spend mentality.

What's your opinion on this piece?

Just fighting his corner and giving an honest opinion - dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't - and all he has really said is he won't guarantee the championships - way folk have reacted you'd think he said 'can't win it' - shock that a manager should offer no guarantees and want as much support as possible - he also says he'll work with what is given!

Mind you this place is so volatile moray probably only read the headline not the article and posted based on the headline!

What your opinion?

What's your opinion of this