• Good
    • Excellent
  2. 2. Man management and motivation...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  3. 3. Tactical knowledge / ability to implement...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  4. 4. Adaptability...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  5. 5. Footballing style / philosophy...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  6. 6. Media handling...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  7. 7. Bravery (making big decisions)...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  8. 8. Ability to spot a player...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  9. 9. Ability to develop / improve a player...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent
  10. 10. Loyalty...

• Abysmal
    • Poor
    • Decent / average
    • Good
    • Excellent

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - I have only just voted - btw looks like there are 3 of us voted excellent for everything!

I am slightly disappointed in you and the others rating him high in areas like tactics, standard of play etc have yet to explain why they hold that belief?

I am slightly disappointed in you and the others rating him high in areas like tactics, standard of play etc have yet to explain why they hold that belief?

I am of the opinion that rebuilding a squad and puting together the unbeaten run Ally has is far more difficult, takes more skill, and requires sound knowledge of tactics and footballing knowledge than many on here believe. Some Folk think the league was won before a ball was kicked - for these reasons I fully back the manager - winning takes more than luck and a big budget - all my own humble opinion of course!

I am of the opinion that rebuilding a squad and puting together the unbeaten run Ally has is far more difficult, takes more skill, and requires sound knowledge of tactics and footballing knowledge than many on here believe. Some Folk think the league was won before a ball was kicked - for these reasons I fully back the manager - winning takes more than luck and a big budget - all my own humble opinion of course!

No I appreciate you believe the manager is doing a good job overall and you have consistently made that clear. (For better or worse and although we often clash I can at least respect your determination on this point and your unquestionable support even if at times I feel it blinds your judgment, especially in comparison to some of the agenda driven and unsubstantiated views, damaging the club, I have read recently)

What I and others would like though, and I think the purpose of this thread was to break down the attributes of a successful manager, is to discuss why some rate him tactically, standard if football etc. as I say I think the negatives have been done to death but what examples are there to support your opinion he is 'excellent' in these areas?

Some of the abysmal s confirmed what i suspected, there is clearly non-Rangers people in here

Who else would consider his loyalty, media handling and bravery abysmal? , whatever else they think of his tactics

I don't think he's brave, for me he dodges dropping the 'big' players even when the are honking.

Can't argue with loyalty or media (for the most part).

No, you're not interesting enough.

Idiocy is not endearing.

Still no description of what you term a 'retard' or these so called observations! A skeptical man might be led to believe you have anterior motives on this forum based on the style and content of a large majority of your posts! But regardless being unable to justify your use if a term such as 'retard' is disappointing to say the least! I'm sure we could all learn from your great wisdom!

No I appreciate you believe the manager is doing a good job overall and you have consistently made that clear. (For better or worse and although we often clash I can at least respect your determination on this point and your unquestionable support even if at times I feel it blinds your judgment, especially in comparison to some of the agenda driven and unsubstantiated views, damaging the club, I have read recently)

What I and others would like though, and I think the purpose of this thread was to break down the attributes of a successful manager, is to discuss why some rate him tactically, standard if football etc. as I say I think the negatives have been done to death but what examples are there to support your opinion he is 'excellent' in these areas?

To me a manager is a multi- facetted beast and a good manager is the sum of the parts. He has delivered under the most trying of circumstances, and his only advantage has been wage budget. He has had to attract player to the bottom league and cash and the draw of Rangers have helped but the job has to be done. We have only just come out of our transfer embargoes and folk seem to forget all this. We have lost so few goals ( despite the criticism aimed at our defence) so tactically we must be set up well ( yes the opposition is poor but without tactical acumen we would have lost more goals, similar argument for the amount of goals we have scored. We have had many games where the substitutions Ally has made have ensured the win - Templeton a few games, the early substitutions at Brechin fur instance. Also he has brought in some kids ( for which he seems to get zero credit) and while some critisise the signing of Perlata and foster, they all seem happy with law, bell, Clark, Moshni.

Is he SAF - no - but given what he has had to do he has been excellent so far and deserves to see if he can take it further. Overall he has the biggest attribute any Rangers manager should have - a winning mentality - one which he delivers against. To me developing a squad takes a few seasons - Ally has not had any I encumbered transfer windows but yes does have a wage budget to play with. ( oh an while we are at it I for one have ben surprised at the fitness and quality of football in the lower leagues - much better than the kick and rush I was expecting - it's our arrogance as a fan base that we think every manager is tactically nieve, players are unfit and teams are shit - I have more respect for them now) oh and despite al that we still romped the league - hardly the results of a tactically nieve and inept manager - but if you subscribe to the theory the league was won before we played, that anyone could have done it, then you will never acknowledge any good that Ally has done.

It gives me no pleasure to say I put poor for all but media and loyalty.

Abysmal to go any lower than that, it's all a matter of opinion though. Last year at the start of our second leg a poll was put out asking what would be acceptable this season, the strange thing is we are on target for most of them but somehow that has become unacceptable, now that is abysmal...

Abysmal to go any lower than that, it's all a matter of opinion though. Last year at the start of our second leg a poll was put out asking what would be acceptable this season, the strange thing is we are on target for most of them but somehow that has become unacceptable, now that is abysmal...

Speaking for myself maybe I've been a bit harsh on Ally in one or two parts but if there had been a section on results Ally would have got excellent as results in the main have been, 1-0 or 8-0 its 3 points regardless. Also i think if performances had started badly this season then got much better as the season wore on instead of starting well then getting much worse recently this poll would look very different, but football fans have short memorys and if your only as good as your last game (a very common clique) then Ally is not doing well at all.

Still no description of what you term a 'retard' or these so called observations! A skeptical man might be led to believe you have anterior motives on this forum based on the style and content of a large majority of your posts! But regardless being unable to justify your use if a term such as 'retard' is disappointing to say the least! I'm sure we could all learn from your great wisdom!

Nah, you're not bright enough to learn.

'Anterior' :D fucking retard.

To me a manager is a multi- facetted beast and a good manager is the sum of the parts. He has delivered under the most trying of circumstances, and his only advantage has been wage budget. He has had to attract player to the bottom league and cash and the draw of Rangers have helped but the job has to be done. We have only just come out of our transfer embargoes and folk seem to forget all this. We have lost so few goals ( despite the criticism aimed at our defence) so tactically we must be set up well ( yes the opposition is poor but without tactical acumen we would have lost more goals, similar argument for the amount of goals we have scored. We have had many games where the substitutions Ally has made have ensured the win - Templeton a few games, the early substitutions at Brechin fur instance. Also he has brought in some kids ( for which he seems to get zero credit) and while some critisise the signing of Perlata and foster, they all seem happy with law, bell, Clark, Moshni.

Is he SAF - no - but given what he has had to do he has been excellent so far and deserves to see if he can take it further. Overall he has the biggest attribute any Rangers manager should have - a winning mentality - one which he delivers against. To me developing a squad takes a few seasons - Ally has not had any I encumbered transfer windows but yes does have a wage budget to play with. ( oh an while we are at it I for one have ben surprised at the fitness and quality of football in the lower leagues - much better than the kick and rush I was expecting - it's our arrogance as a fan base that we think every manager is tactically nieve, players are unfit and teams are shit - I have more respect for them now) oh and despite al that we still romped the league - hardly the results of a tactically nieve and inept manager - but if you subscribe to the theory the league was won before we played, that anyone could have done it, then you will never acknowledge any good that Ally has done.

You know what, I don't agree with all of that and feel the financial advantage plays a much bigger part to the point we are over reliant on it but what I will say is this time I can respect your opinion as you have given examples and backed up your views so well done for contributing to this thread a lot more than myself and my 'retarded' friend have!