Tom Irish English and Richard Wilson to join BBC Scotland

quinty

Wilson has been probably the best journalist in Scotland when covering Rangers issues these past 2 years, Irish on the other hand....

This. Wilson has been a breath of fresh air when it comes to reporting - it'll be interesting to see what impact BBC scotland have on his impartial reporting, hopefully he'll manage to keep his integrity.

I think Richard Wilson is a brilliant journalist, then again he is a Rangers fan and tends to write the same kind of views I often share so maybe that makes me biased in my opinion of him.

My opinion of Tom English varies depending on the subject matter he's embroidered in at any particular time, he does seem to give Rangers a hard time but I'm unsure if he crosses the line or not, I've heard him being particularly harsh to John Brown, Billy Brown and even Anthony Stokes as well, on matters from sectarianism to football and of course with us its boardroom battles.

I'm unsure where he falls in the whole same club issue, unfortunately that one point will forever dictate whether we as fans will class any journo as credible or not in their other points regarding Rangers Football Club.

Richard Wilson is as good as it gets with regards Scottish Sports journalists. That's not to say he's brilliant or anything, but certainly a lot fairer and more level-headed than the majority

Your local special needs school is chalk full of more level headed and fairer people than Scottish journalism.

Whilst i like Richard Wilson i reckon he will be rather impotent on the bbc as his fair mindedness and rational viewpoint doesn't fit in with the whole bigotry of the bbc Scotland anti-Rangers brigade. Oirish on the other hand is a perfect fit, as vile a shitstirrer as can be found in Scottish journalists.

I know I'm going against the grain here but if and when the 'State Aid' investigation becomes 'Formal' i believe English would be one of their biggest critics . I would love for it to become Formal just to see speirs reaction though .

You make a very good point there mate, but it remains to be seen, if they would even be allowed to comment truthfully, or at the least, impartially on this scandal. As their past form, is sadly, very poor in this department

Had they been going to STV, I would give them better odds, but, the CBBC?, not a lot of light will be shone from that dark hole, I'm afraid.

Wilson will have his hands full to stay sane in that infested shithole, whereas the hurly/rugby reporter will be in his own holy ground. Let the Anti-Sport Games begin, and let our first target be ....Rangers. :7325: