McCoist knocking back Rangers for his TV commitments

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read through this thread. Strikes me that if Ally was called by Walter or SDM at any time he would have done what he could.

Obviously he has the coaching badges so was always interested in a football management role.

Not breaking doors down to become striking coach for Eck is hardly the stuff for lynchings or turncoat accusations.

If 1st Jan was called a liar unfairly for saying Ally refused a coaching role at Rangers I hope he feels justified by unearthing his evidence.

Seems slightly ironic someone who doesn't rate Ally as a coach is so upset he turned down a coaching role though.

Tell me if I'm missing the point 1st Jan 1994.

Read through this thread. Strikes me that if Ally was called by Walter or SDM at any time he would have done what he could.

Obviously he has the coaching badges so was always interested in a football management role.

Not breaking doors down to become striking coach for Eck is hardly the stuff for lynchings or turncoat accusations.

If 1st Jan was called a liar unfairly for saying Ally refused a coaching role at Rangers I hope he feels justified by unearthing his evidence.

Seems slightly ironic someone who doesn't rate Ally as a coach is so upset he turned down a coaching role though.

Tell me if I'm missing the point 1st Jan 1994.

Nupe you've not missed the point it's an entirely fair post

The bit about not rating but being upset about this is wrong on a couple of points

1- it's mostly to show I wasn't lying and that this happened immaterial of how I rate him as a manager

And 2 being that even with that said, I feel Ally can offer something - he's an ideal number 2 in my book or even having him at Murray Park with the boys as a striking coach would have been a good option

Perhaps best to lock this thread, it's pointless and an excuse to throw raw shit at each other.

Yeah I'd be up for that (tu) I've made my point and everyone that wants to have had their say - good or bad

Nupe you've not missed the point it's an entirely fair post

The bit about not rating but being upset about this is wrong on a couple of points

1- it's mostly to show I wasn't lying and that this happened immaterial of how I rate him as a manager

And 2 being that even with that said, I feel Ally can offer something - he's an ideal number 2 in my book or even having him at Murray Park with the boys as a striking coach would have been a good option

Agree with Ally being an ideal person to have around to lift spirits and share experience.

The management role requires a lot more not giving 2 fucks about what people think about you.

However, I stand by my guns in supporting him in what he's done for us and supporting him back to the top flight to hand over the reins to the next Rangers manager.

Himself and McCulloch are my 2 Rangers heroes over this period. Not an opinion shared by everyone I know.

Agree with Ally being an ideal person to have around to lift spirits and share experience.

The management role requires a lot more not giving 2 fucks about what people think about you.

However, I stand by my guns in supporting him in what he's done for us and supporting him back to the top flight to hand over the reins to the next Rangers manager.

Himself and McCulloch are my 2 Rangers heroes over this period. Not an opinion shared by everyone I know.

But an opinion you are more than entitled to (tu) just be nice if a few other people were honest and/or allowed me my opinion no matter how much it seems to mock offend them ;)

FWIW I don't care if he turned us down. I'm sure he had his own reasons. It wasn't like we were in a desperate situation. He's here when it matters.