McCoist knocking back Rangers for his TV commitments

I already said what he achieved as a player was legendary but poised the question is this the actions of a true Rangers legend?

Of course the term legend is subjective

We could have a proper debate on this if people would be honest, admit what he did was shite but then make their point about how the good stuff they think he does outweights things like this

But no one does that

It's Ally always good no matter what and people like me = big bad trouble makers lol

A proper debate on whether or not Ally McCoist is a true Rangers legend? I can't think of anything more unappealing.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the 'fact' (which is stretching the circumstances somewhat to fit a particular point of view), the question is, do you hold what he did against him? I don't.

Yes I do hold it against him tbh it doesn't sit right with me and proves again to me that Ally only ever does what's right for Ally - but that's just my opinion

Well I think it's a reasonable outlook that it's shite knocking us back for his tv commitments

Doesn't matter if it's 9 years or 9 days ago

Believe it or not this thread wasn't made for an argument I just like it when I prove people wrong and it's funny seeing people defend in the indefensible

Indefensible? Are you a communist or something? He can chose then and in the future to work for who he wants. He will still be a great Rangers man. He might not have even had coaching ambitions back then. You seem to be grasping at straws. Probably better to focus on the here and now and him staying in a job which in the past 2 years must have been alarmingly stressful seems pertinent to me yet you describe it as a red herring.

How's proving you weren't lying about something straw clutching?

that's not my point, point is there's enough to attack McCoist for in the present time without trawling back so far. who ever accused you of being a liar's a fool IMO, always knew he was a media whore back then, still plays up to the cameras now.

Indefensible? Are you a communist or something? He can chose then and in the future to work for who he wants. He will still be a great Rangers man. He might not have even had coaching ambitions back then. You seem to be grasping at straws. Probably better to focus on the here and now and him staying in a job which in the past 2 years must have been alarmingly stressful seems pertinent to me yet you describe it as a red herring.

Of course he can choose to work where he wants but how can you possibly compare me to a communist for thinking that a Rangers man like McCoist was wrong and out of order to knock us back when we needed him for TV duties?

that's not my point, point is there's enough to attack McCoist for in the present time without trawling back so far. who ever accused you of being a liar's a fool IMO, always knew he was a media whore back then, still plays up to the cameras now.

Reasonable enough (tu)

Of course he can choose to work where he wants but how can you possibly compare me to a communist for thinking that a Rangers man like McCoist was wrong and out of order to knock us back when we needed him for TV duties?

Nothing more to be said as I just don't understand your reasoning. I'll bow out.

Acknowledging your point is almost as unappealing as debating whether or not Ally McCoist - Ally McCoist! - is a true Rangers legend.

At least you admit you've refused to acknowledge the point I was making

I've already said his feats as a player was legendary - so what's the issue?

Yes I do hold it against him tbh it doesn't sit right with me and proves again to me that Ally only ever does what's right for Ally - but that's just my opinion

Why do you hold him to some higher standard than you set yourself or others? What he has contributed to Rangers far exceeds anyone else in his lifetime, his time as a player and his recent work during administration will unlikely to be ever matched by anyone else.

Do you attend EVERY game home and away? Do you buy ALL the merchandise? Do you buy the rising stars tickets? Have you invested in the share issue? Do you own a season ticket? Even if you do all of the above, McCoist has done more.

If not, and you have made choices to suit your home life over the club, then don't preach how McCoist should have done differently.

Nothing more to be said as I just don't understand your reasoning. I'll bow out.

Fair enough - as I said I think it's perfectly acceptable to think its shite knocking us back when needed for TV duties but we can agree to disagree

A media 'whore'? Seriously, what the fuck? The man has a natural charisma that gets him gigs on the TV yet he is a 'whore' for it? Some people really need a reality check about what you do with talent in life and how you should use it to further your own career/ life and therefore your families.

McCoist owes Rangers nothing, he gives it more than he probably should.

Fair enough but i don't see this as a reason to slag Ally, although keetch Jackson what a smarmy little cunt he was even then "crayons the odd article for a ill informed English rival" and although its shown as part of Allys quote Im sure Ally never said "the truth was in the Record where it always is" keetch then keetch now keetch forever.

Why do you hold him to some higher standard than you set yourself or others? What he has contributed to Rangers far exceeds anyone else in his lifetime, his time as a player and his recent work during administration will unlikely to be ever matched by anyone else.

Do you attend EVERY game home and away? Do you buy ALL the merchandise? Do you buy the rising stars tickets? Have you invested in the share issue? Do you own a season ticket? Even if you do all of the above, McCoist has done more.

If not, and you have made choices to suit your home life over the club, then don't preach how McCoist should have done differently.

Yes I attend every game in fact Stranraer aside there because I was in Turkey (booked the trip before the announced the fixture change), Dundee United boycott and Inter Milan closed doors were the only away games of missed since Viktoria Zizkov away in 2002 and having a season ticket since 1995

Spend thousands on Rangers merchandise through the years

Of course McCoist had done loads for Rangers through the years - your another who's missed the point completely

I'll ask you the same question - do you think it's right knocking us back when needed for some tv duties? Yes or no will do

So we all In agreement then that he knocked us back in order to continue with his media commitments and I wasn't lying yeah?

Great

It says in the article 'contractual media requirements'. It is from 2005, very different days. Tenuous at best.

It's well known on here that I'm not a huge fan of our current 'manager', his lack of coaching ability is shocking and his conduct as a 'Rangers man' is even worse imho.

As an example....

RSEA recently donated £4,000 to open up a sensory room for dementia sufferers at Erskine Hospital. It will be known as 'The Harold Davis Sensory Room' in memory of Alex Johnstone. Alex Johnstone was a lifelong Rangers fan and served in the Black Watch along with Harold Davis.

Our 'manager' stood Alex up not once, not twice BUT on three seperate occasions!!!!

Aye, everybody pal, great guy etc....has time to leap to the Lurgan Racist Bhigots defence in the mhedia, raises money for sectarian charity etc.....plays a young french CD in holding midfield role and/or RB.... what a guy!!!

Please go now Ally, I loved you as a player BUT you honestly believe you need to spunk more cash to win the 1st division???

He is undoutedly holding thhe club/team back now and must leave.

It says in the article 'contractual media requirements'. It is from 2005, very different days. Tenuous at best.

Well in that case If I'm feeling in a sad enough mood I might go digging (this time intentionally) and get the column he wrote in one of the papers saying how the choice was his and he thought his tv and media duties was more important to him

And what's tedious about it? I said it all in the op I didn't go looking for this on purpose to have a pop at Ally - I put it up to show I wasn't lying

There's a massive difference

Any perceived anti Ally comments or whatever have only came about due to the replies directed at me first

If he would have taken that it would have been "jobs for the boys" and wed be going round in circles with that debate

Oh right so maybe that's what he thought when he knocked us back again - in 9 years down the line RangersMedia will be saying jobs for the boys lol