McCoist knocking back Rangers for his TV commitments

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has given me so much satisfaction when it actually shouldn't

It validates absolutely everything about a large number of people who deflect and miss the point on purpose and take it out on me because McCoist made a bad call

At least I'm honest with myself

A few of you posting your replies while missing the point? Wouldn't know honestly if it hit yer mush :)

You said real Rangers legends wouldn't do what he did and that he was just a goalscoring legend...

No I never I poised the question while saying legend was subjective

I acknowledged he's a legend for his goal scoring

Re read

There's a huge difference between working for Alex McLeish at that time and answering a call from David Murray to work for a managerless Rangers under Walter Smith.

Can I just point out that the title is misleading. He did not knock us back for TV Commitments, rather for contractual reasons, as he explains in the interview the OP has posted. If, he had joined us at this time, he would have been in breach of contract, which would have required to be resolved, possibly by paying it up with the various TV companies - or 'spunking money up against the wall on Rangers men when we could have been giving young guys a chance and developing an attacking style of philosophy with hands oot pockets and eating Nandos at half the salary take a cut yet Ally oot spiv cunt thingy'.

So if you're original claim was that he knocked us back for TV commitments - you're still a liar :thumbup:

There's a huge difference between working for Alex McLeish at that time and answering a call from David Murray to work for a managerless Rangers under Walter Smith.

This. It was widely expected when McCleish lost/drew/went ten games without a win his time was coming to an end.

I think the only thing that saved his job that year was the European run.

DM probably had plg in place by that point anyway. So its a bit of a moot point really.

Was the whole point of this thread to give 1/1/94 peace of mind from Liar accusations?

Or was he giving our many ghuests a juicy wee morsel to get a giggle out of? And they jumped in for a looksie to find out that it was much ado about he-haw..??

Im no sure either way, but If 1/1/94 feels vindicated then im happy to join in with his happy glow... :thumbup:

So we all In agreement then that he knocked us back in order to continue with his media commitments and I wasn't lying yeah?

Great

No dont agree at all, if you read the statement it says "But a heartbroken McCoist was FORCED to turn him down because his contract obligations as a pundit for ITV meant he wouldnt be able to concentrate fully on the job" so its not as if he chose one job over another as you make out he had a contract he couldnt get out of.

I think 1/1/1994's main point is proving he isnt a liar. Not having a dig at Ally to be fair.

That's it mate

No doubt some people will just say I'm using that as an excuse to have a pop

That's up them but if rather they were just honest and said that instead of misquoting me and missing the point etc

No dont agree at all, if you read the statement it says "But a heartbroken McCoist was FORCED to turn him down because his contract obligations as a pundit for ITV meant he wouldnt be able to concentrate fully on the job" so its not as if he chose one job over another as you make out he had a contract he couldnt get out of.

The heartbroken but was the authors own wee touch

And tbh he probably was heartbroken but it's a bad bad call IMO

That's me just answering retrospectively tho

I already said what he achieved as a player was legendary but poised the question is this the actions of a true Rangers legend?

Of course the term legend is subjective

We could have a proper debate on this if people would be honest, admit what he did was shite but then make their point about how the good stuff they think he does outweights things like this

But no one does that

It's Ally always good no matter what and people like me = big bad trouble makers lol

wasnt going to get involved but....

the word legend is NOT subjective when it comes to Ally. He is one and there is NO disputing that FACT.