How would you line the team up next season?

Skyson1872

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's me thinking the only two people who would select Foster were Ally and Ricky ?

Hes the best right back we have so may as well play him until that is no longer the case McCausland i expect will be released or allowed to go on loan again. Nonetheless i would keep Foster as he is versatile and could cover injury or suspension problems.

Yeah he isnt great but neither is Scottish football as a squad player he would be fine

I would like us to start building a pattern of play for our return to the premiership so I would go

Bell

McCausland New CB Moshni Wallace

Mcleod Black

Aird Shiels Templeton

Clark

Bell

McAusland, Faure, Mohsni, Wallace

Templeton, Macleod, Law

McKay, Shiels, Clark

Subs S.Gallagher, Jig, Telfer, Aird, Black, Little, Daly

Id have Shiels playing just behind Clark and McKay for a pacey and exciting front 3 but i would also rotate the squad to allow youth players to play and also the fringe players that we don't get rid off.

Bell

McAusland, Faure, Mohsni, Wallace

Templeton, Macleod, Law

McKay, Shiels, Clark

Subs S.Gallagher, Jig, Telfer, Aird, Black, Little, Daly

Id have Shiels playing just behind Clark and McKay for a pacey and exciting front 3 but i would also rotate the squad to allow youth players to play and also the fringe players that we don't get rid off.

Swap MacLeod and temps around, so the two wide mids can hold and temps can bomb up an down the middle. Football Manager pays off.

I've seen enough of young Aird to know he is nothing more than mediocre.

His close control is average, dribbling skills average, ability to beat a man and get to the bye line average, crossing below average. For me he is in the team because he does more defensive work than McKay did.

Players we could easily let go and not notice provided we get replacements in for some of them.

Aird

Simonsen

Faure

Cribari

Perry

Hutton

Black

Foster

Smith

Hegarty

Peralta

Promote the young players like Gasparotto, Crawford, Halkett, McKay, Sinnamon, Murdoch, Telfer and Gallagher

Augment that with two or three quality experienced players for key positions like centre half, full back and striker and i think we would be in a good place financially and football wise.

It may take some time for some of the young players to find their feet but the core of the squad is still there to look after them. I would keep Daly and McCulloch simply to offer guidance and use their experience for one more season. Not to be regular starters but to cover when required or help get through the tougher games when results need to be ground out.

Bell

New Right Back New Centre Half Moshni Wallace (Captain)

Templeton Law Black McLeod

New Striker Daly

Subs: Gasparatto, Aird, Clark, Shields, Smith, Gallacher, any other good young ones breaking through Stoney, Ogen etc....

Three good freebies in and let, Foster, Faure, Peralta, Cribari, Simonsen, Little, Perry, Hegarty, Hutton go and we should be able to balance IMO .

Why are so many folk picking Foster?

Because he's the only 1st team RB at the club and probably very few have seen the youth RB play. Ideally he'd be gone and replaced. While I don't mind playing players out of position if we play Faure or McAusland they are OK defensively but going forward offer very little and we end up going down the left side 90% of the game.

All these folk saying McAusland at right back?

Am I the only one who thinks this boy is a pretty poor player. When i've seen him play, he contributes nothing to the team. A little like Foster.

I wouldn't have McAusland anywhere near that first team.

................bell..................

new rb..mohsni....new cb.....wallace

..............black...................

new rm........macleod.........templeton

.................law..................

.................daly.................

................bell..................

new rb..mohsni....new cb.....wallace

..............black...................

new rm........macleod.........templeton

.................law..................

.................daly.................