McCoist to meet Wallace to discuss summer signings

Unbelievable how anyone can talk about new players. We're taking out a fucking loan to keep us going until the end of the season and Ally wants to talk about new players coming in.

:ohmy:

Clubs getting a loan until the start of the season is not unusual. DM did it on several occasions. I believe he used Ticketus at that. Ally will no doubt have to get rid of players before he brings any in. Possibly cutting down on the overall wage bill whilst he does it. Why are some so quick to hit the panic button?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would have been the summer to go for the likes of Law and Templeton (in theory)

The last two summers should have been about giving the young lads the experience they need to push on at this level. Some will succeed and some will fall by the wayside. Those that succeeded would have played about 60 to 70 1st team games which is invaluable experience for the top flight.

As it stands now we have a squad ill prepared for next season let alone the SPFL. And the money required to get us up to a decent standard doesn't appear to be there either.

If things remain as they are and we have to cut costs then i really fear for us next season and indeed the ones after that.

i find it strange that there are so many here, thinking that we should stroll to the title next season, with the current squad we have.

when almost every other thread complains about the poor quality of football, we are playing.

off course we should be playing better, but whether or not Ally remains or is replaced by "the special one" of Chelsea does not disguise the fact we are poor.

we need to get ready Now (this summer) to get some talent in, C.B. & R.B. at least,

the logic of waiting until we have "strolled" to the championship, then find ourselves promoted to the top tier, and then looking for talent, i fear is leaving it too late.

will those "don,t spend another penny" posters sit happily against the Mhanks if we are getting a drubbing?

of course this requires money, i certainly hope the current board after their 120 day review will have some answers? if not i think the Dave King bandwagon will gather pace.

at the moment i am prepared to give the current board time, but not unlimited time.

i find it strange that there are so many here, thinking that we should stroll to the title next season, with the current squad we have.

when almost every other thread complains about the poor quality of football, we are playing.

off course we should be playing better, but whether or not Ally remains or is replaced by "the special one" of Chelsea does not disguise the fact we are poor.

we need to get ready Now (this summer) to get some talent in, C.B. & R.B. at least,

the logic of waiting until we have "strolled" to the championship, then find ourselves promoted to the top tier, and then looking for talent, i fear is leaving it too late.

will those "don,t spend another penny" posters sit happily against the Mhanks if we are getting a drubbing?

of course this requires money, i certainly hope the current board after their 120 day review will have some answers? if not i think the Dave King bandwagon will gather pace.

at the moment i am prepared to give the current board time, but not unlimited time.

What we have is enough to get us up. Much like this season it won't be brilliant viewing but I'm willing to bear it for another season. That would then leave us in the SPL with the money we didn't spend this Summer to spend on players who are actually good enough then.

At this moment in time we aren't in a position, financially or from a footballing prospect, to attract many players who are going to be good enough for an SPL challenge so I think going with what we have (unless a player we simply cannot ignore becomes available) makes more sense than signing three or four below par players who will probably need to be replaced in the next year to eighteen months anyway does.

Maybe, just maybe, folk blame Ally for the poor style of football.

If we get a 'drubbing' from the mhanks then so be it, the long term future of Rangers is more important than those nappy tugging cunts.

When we're ruling Scotland again it shouldn't be on a mountain of debt.

Easy enough to say get rid of players and replace them with better players on lower wages. To do so, however, may prove more difficult. I can just see a Premiership player agreeing to that with the knowledge that his job security will be 10% of that with his present club. Come to Rangers. Get dog's abuse for a season. Get cast aside as "useless". Career fucked. As for McInnes coming to us next season - dream on. Maybe once we are re-established in the Premiership and all this boardroom shite is behind us but, until then, no chance.

Rangers, my team not my project.

this is crap about McInnes , he has only improved the sheep a little if at all, signings like Flood , Robson and Rooney are not going to turn a team into world beaters , what has happened is that all the other clubs have been weakened , Hearts are the prime example and look at the Motherwell team last season compared to this , Inverness , Kilmarnock ,St Johnstone St Mirren bugets cut players left even Craptic have been shedding players and are nowhere near as strong as last season....i do not believe the sheep are much if any better than they were when we last played them and we have nothing to fear if/when we play them in the cup...all said i think McInnes has been fortunate with his timing when taking ovr the sheep hotset....he is no future RANGERS manager!!

This !!

However I'm sure Allys new found silence is a bargaining chip.

No signings and he will endorse King.

Ally has a ludicrously highly paid job for life if king takes over.

No wonder the tims are backing king.

What planet are you from?

The Tims are on all the time with the old "is King a fit and proper person" pish - they fear him and his money big time.

They came in their pants when people like you told McColl to piss off because we were just peachy without him - howzat working out for you, eh?

this is crap about McInnes , he has only improved the sheep a little if at all, signings like Flood , Robson and Rooney are not going to turn a team into world beaters , what has happened is that all the other clubs have been weakened , Hearts are the prime example and look at the Motherwell team last season compared to this , Inverness , Kilmarnock ,St Johnstone St Mirren bugets cut players left even Craptic have been shedding players and are nowhere near as strong as last season....i do not believe the sheep are much if any better than they were when we last played them and we have nothing to fear if/when we play them in the cup...all said i think McInnes has been fortunate with his timing when taking ovr the sheep hotset....he is no future RANGERS manager!!

I rated him when he saved Bristol City from relegation and ever since he has consistently over-achieved with resources available.

If he was in charge of our squad today, I'd make us favourites for the Scottish Cup.

Despite budget cuts at other clubs he's still improved them significantly.

They are already six points better off than they were last season with another thirty points still to play for, in the final of the league cup and the bookmakers favourites for the other.

Out with the old firm, Aberdeen fans are probably the most expectant in the country and he's not only handling those expectations, but he's exceeding them too.

He's not ready yet, but if he can carry on the level of job that he's done so far (while also taking account of the job he did at St Johnstone too) then he is right up there as a potential future rangers manager.

What planet are you from?

The Tims are on all the time with the old "is King a fit and proper person" pish - they fear him and his money big time.

They came in their pants when people like you told McColl to piss off because we were just peachy without him - howzat working out for you, eh?

Remind us how much McColl was willing to spend again ?

It's working out just fine. We still have a club, sitting top of the league unbeaten.

Spending being cut and the board are working on a plan to get the club to where we should be, within our means and on a sure financial foundation.

Just about everyone was happy about this til king spiv realised he wouldn't get another chance if he didn't move quick.

if we get rid of all them then we will need to bring in a good few players. hence the need for meetings with Wallace over transfer budgets.

Smith I'd keep unless we get a decent back up to wallace ( which I believe smith is)

If we get rid of sheils and dont renew littles contract we will definitely need at least one new forward player.

Agree Gogzy.

We can still improve squad whilst cost-cutting.

I rated him when he saved Bristol City from relegation and ever since he has consistently over-achieved with resources available.

If he was in charge of our squad today, I'd make us favourites for the Scottish Cup.

Ever since saving Bristol City he has over-achieved? How about the season after he saved them, that led to him getting sacked?

Remaining contracts

June 2014

Simonsen, Alan Smith, Cribari, Hutton,

June 2015

Gallacher, Perry, Faure, Mohsni, Gasparotto, McCulloch, Steven Smith, Foster, Hegarty, Black, Daly, Little

--------- Potential Return to SPL -------

June 2016

Templeton, Law, Shiels, Clark

June 2017

Bell, Wallace, Peralta, MacLeod, Crawford

June 2018

Aird

Could do with shipping quite a few of those 2015's this summer...

Remaining contracts

June 2014

June 2015

Gallacher, Perry, Faure, Mohsni, Gasparotto, McCulloch, Steven Smith, Foster, Hegarty, Black, Daly, Little

June 2016

June 2017

June 2018

Aird

At least the ones we need to ship most are not contracted into the top division.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see a team full of youth players.

Such a boring cliche.

Only the dreamers see that as a winning formula, we need to include youth in our team but only around an experienced backbone.

Remaining contracts

June 2014

June 2015

June 2016

June 2017

June 2018

Aird

I wouldn't be upset to see all 2014-2015 players leave bar Mohsni.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see a team full of youth players.

Such a boring cliche.

The days of relying on one, or a handful of investors to pump money into the club has to be a thing of the past and there is absolutely no money to be made in Scotland from TV deals or even winning things so what's the alternative?

It might be a cliche, but its the most viable way for the club to become self sustaining/profitable, while also allowing us to compete at the top of Scottish footbal and in Europe, in the future.

McCulloch, Black, Wallace & Daly have over 1200 career apperance between them. Surely that's experience enough for the level we are playing at?

McCulloch is done we can not go with him in the Championship, it would be nice if he just retired and we saved on his last yeats salary.

McCulloch, Black, Wallace & Daly have over 1200 career apperance between them. Surely that's experience enough for the level we are playing at?

Depends on how you want to win mate, last season showed we need to win most if not all our games, this season showed winning alone isn't enough, we need to dominate games.