***The Official Rangers vs Airdrieonians Match Thread**

I doubt I'll be able to see this one either. I should've been back by now but my vrouw had to go into hospital, so I've stayed another week.

I'd normally go for a 2-0, or 3-0 score for this one, but after Ally 'warning' us how good Airdrie are, maybe a 1-0, or 2-1 win by the skin of our teeth.

Good luck anyway and well done to the team if we manage another record in winning the league well within time.

So apparently Airdrie are on a bit of a rich vein of form right now. 7 games unbeaten including an away win at Dunfermline. Will this game be harder than we think?

I think it will be hard, but only because we're making it hard for ourselves this last month or so.

We're on a no bad run ourselves though ....

34 games unbeaten in all comps :)

44's our record, to beat that we will of course have to beat Raith & Dundee Utd (providing we beat Albion), as well as remaining undefeated in the league

Those 2 games would be games 40 & 41.

I think it will be hard, but only because we're making it hard for ourselves this last month or so.

We're on a no bad run ourselves though ....

34 games unbeaten in all comps :)

44's our record, to beat that we will of course have to beat Raith & Dundee Utd (providing we beat Albion), as well as remaining undefeated in the league

Those 2 games would be games 40 & 41.

You cannot seriously count virtual pub league games whether or not we reach more than 44 in the current run

No comparison to previous run

Bump

Anyone actually looking forward to the game tonight?

As usual I hope we are fired up for this one and pin them back early. An early goal will settle the nerves and hopefully avoid a repeat of Sunday's result.

I'm looking forward to it, was really wanting to go but I can't. I'll have to watch the second half of it on a shitty stream instead. I feel the players owe us a far better performance, so hopefully if they have any respect for themselves it will be a good game with the players showing they've got something to prove.

I'm looking forward to it, was really wanting to go but I can't. I'll have to watch the second half of it on a shitty stream instead. I feel the players owe us a far better performance, so hopefully if they have any respect for themselves it will be a good game with the players showing they've got something to prove.

I just hope they've worked on their finishing. 33 shots and only 10 on target against Rovers tells me that shooting isn't our strong point.

Just think fellow bears....we can clinch the 56th Title on the 12th......and stuff the rovers on the 17th....paddys day....how sweet is that!!!

Rangers Then...Rangers Now...Rangers Forever.

It's not number 56 though, it's a lower league trophy win and shouldn't count as 56 same as last years shouldn't count as 55.

Nice to add the lower league trophies to the cabinet none the less.

I just hope they've worked on their finishing. 33 shots and only 10 on target against Rovers tells me that shooting isn't our strong point.

Agreed, it wasn't just the Albion keeper that was on form that prevented us from scoring. Some of our shots - especially the long range shots were very poor. The likes of Aird have to stop shooting from long range, and instead give it to someone with some real shooting ability. Leaving long shots to people like Temps and Shiels would help matters in that respect.

I remember people moaning about McCoist wanting to sign too many forward players, now we're struggling with a lack of attacking players. The bench was full of defensive minded players last game, perhaps McCoist was right.

So should McCoist go with the same team who flopped against Rovers or freshen things up slightly?

If Black doesn't make it should he try Crawford instead of Faure or Peralta?

Should he look at "resting" Daly and play two more mobile forwards to see if this helps out our midfield?

Should he look at maybe "resting" young Aird and seeing if someone else can be more productive?

Or will it be the same team same tactics and same boring predictable shite that we shouldn't be quick to condemn?