excuses

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's disappointing but it happens all the time in the earlier rounds of the cups.

I was moaning about Aberdeen fans doing a similar thing for the cup final next weekend. 30,000 tickets sold without them needing a public sale yet they only come close to filling their ground when either us or celtic play up there. It's no wonder Scottish football is god awful.

even my parents are going today, my mum can hardly walk but all that means is we need to drop her at the door! not that she doesn't bother going.

unless death in family or skint no excuses. Biggest game so far this season, should have been a full house. As others have said, i wont get a ticket to the Ramsden cup final bet some who don't go today cause they cant be arsed get one.

This wouldn't be an issue if our team was sent out to play free-flowing,attacking football.

Surely something the board will have to address as the crowds dwindle even further after we clinch the title??

Blindly following the club isn't,necessarily,the best thing to do in the long run.

heard some cracking excuses for folk not going to game today , load of pish, if we were playing the tarriers the ground would be full , anyway onwards we go hoping we go all the way, love the Scottish cup

Was coming on to start a thread on the same thing. Whatever helps people think they are missing the game for a genuine reason :lol:

If it was sheep,tarriers or a half decent SPL side it would be packed.

If we get to the final, all the people going today should get first priority (tu)

This wouldn't be an issue if our team was sent out to play free-flowing,attacking football.

Surely something the board will have to address as the crowds dwindle even further after we clinch the title??

Blindly following the club isn't,necessarily,the best thing to do in the long run.

Yes it would be.

I will be at the game today alongside my brother and niece, I pick and choose my games depending on work and affordability.As we are in the lower leagues at the moment the cups have more of a value to me than they did in the top flight.That is not to say I did not value top flight cup wins I just feel this would be great achievement if we can go all the way and I intend to go to all cup games the remainder of season if possible.Although there will be some faithful season ticket holders that won't be there today there will be folk like me who target these sort of games.

Yes it would be.

Not to the same extent.

40K plus at the start of last season when we were playing against utter dross and the same again at the start of this season proves our loyalty but watching Rangers has become so dull and predictable.

That is why the crowds are decreasing............... and rightly so.

Only valid excuses accepted are

Skint

Out the country

Severely hungover

Working

Naw deep.

Anything else = glory seeker.

Drove to Sheffield this morning, 4.5 hours, and driving back tonight, going to support my daughter at the English Open judo championship as it's her comeback after a year out with a knee problem! I expect tickets for the semi and final!

Not to the same extent.

40K plus at the start of last season when we were playing against utter dross and the same again at the start of this season proves our loyalty but watching Rangers has become so dull and predictable.

When Dick was charge we had under 25k at home in a cup game, others were around the 30k mark. A month after he left we had 2 cup games with 17k and 25k.

Cups games in general are poorly supported not just with us but all over.

Not to the same extent.

This game isn't on the season ticket and is overpriced for the quality of opposition we are playing and it's on the TV.

This isn't a new problem that has suddenly come up because of the style if football we play. It's been happening for years now in the earlier rounds of cups and the same thing would be happening even if we were playing better football than we do.

Some people have a decent reason for not going to games. Fair dos.

But not going because of bad football, weather, can't be bothered or anything like that just means you are not as big a fan of Rangers as the ones that go whenever they can. People may not like this being pointed out and it may make them feel a bit guilty deep down, but it's the truth. It's pretty obvious that someone who is more eager to see the mighty Gers is more passionate.